We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 6:48

I'd be completely agog if Cloud wasn't coming to Smash as a result of the ballot - there would be no reason to do it otherwise. It seems that Nintendo are making Smash Bros. more of a tribute to gaming as a whole rather than just itself, which is generous... I guess? Eh?

I feel more strongly about the fact that we're essentially just getting another guy with a sword (though I suppose Shovel Knight would be similar to that, so, er, yeah).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 7:46

You are correct Jas but that's the closed you can get part from the odd spinoff on Nintendo systems.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 7:58

The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Not even a tenuous one, like for example Snake.  None.  Absolutely none.

FF7 was originally meant to be on N64? No?

Mmm, that's goooooood barrel-scrapings! Zero is on the money here, although I feel that Shovel Knight would be less about the range and more about aerials.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:03

Well I wasn't expecting that! I agree that it's a bit odd that someone (almost) completely un-Nintendo has made it to Smash.

I guess it's a poll thing; but then Nintendo could always veto these things. If 4chan all voted for Hitler, they'd probably be like "ummm... no".

Unless of course... there's something they know... that we don't know...

Although as someone who's not that familiar with FF I don't/care know what all those big dudes in the new stage are about.

But still: another announcement in December? Oooooh... Bounce
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:08

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Not even a tenuous one, like for example Snake.  None.  Absolutely none.

FF7 was originally meant to be on N64? No?

Mmm, that's goooooood barrel-scrapings!  Zero is on the money here, although I feel that Shovel Knight would be less about the range and more about aerials.

Hey! You said tenuous link. Laughing  Aye definitely agree with you on SK, they'd also have to incorporate his relic moves in there somewhere too probably as his B specials no doubt.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 13:17

He has or will have been in 5 games on Nintendo system that's if you count the chibi version & cameos.

I did think that the steam version of FFVII was delayed on PS4 for no real reason, maybe it's coming to Wii U & PS4 and that coursed the delay getting it to run on Wii U & this announcement.

I might just be clutching at straws and Sakuari just does what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 13:21

True, Jas, I did, and that's making tenuous links into an art form. Applause

Although, alternatively, the Shadow Bugs in SSBB's SSE mode made a CLOUD, which caused STRIFE for the characters...

...all of whom had eyes, just like the Illuminati pyramid logo.  ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED FOR SSB4 DLC.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 17:10

I'd main the hell out of the Illuminati. New World Order Final Smash, please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 19:25

Balladeer wrote:
True, Jas, I did, and that's making tenuous links into an art form. Applause

Although, alternatively, the Shadow Bugs in SSBB's SSE mode made a CLOUD, which caused STRIFE for the characters...

...all of whom had eyes, just like the Illuminati pyramid logo.  ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED FOR SSB4 DLC.

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd main the hell out of the Illuminati. New World Order Final Smash, please.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 8:50

I don't think Cloud is a bad inclusion at all. Looking at the whole character list, without even thinking about it I'd say it's more worthwhile to have that character in there than the ones I've covered.

Spoiler:

I like the characters that are most fun to play as, and in the trailer it looked like Cloud could add a lot to the gameplay.

So there's my two sleep-deprived cents, if it mattered.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Sat 14 Nov 2015 - 8:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bit harsh on Mewtwo? Ganondorf would be good if he wasn't Capt. Falcon's clone.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 9:01

We've yet to see what he's capable of, but I notice that you've covered up every Fire Emblem character, when he reminded me very much of Ike.

Also, you don't think Bowser Jr. is fun to play as!? Shocked
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 11:40

Nah, I've had my coffee now and see that I made an arse of that. Bowser Jr is a great laugh to play as (but, to you I ask: you don't think Ryu is fun to play as!?). I didn't conciously cover all the Fire Emblem characters because they're from Fire Emblem - I just think they're all a bit rubbish.

I forgot that some of those first-party characters were in the game. I think the standouts are the third-party characters. I'd have Rayman, Shantae, Steve from Minecraft and all that in before I'd have had Dark Pit and such mince.

EDIT: If we're allowed our preferences, it would be grand if they announced Paper Mario or Travis Touchdown next month. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 11:56

I've got other qualities that fighters (in my eyes) should have that Ryu doesn't fulfil, but actually, no - I don't find Ryu terribly fun to play as, or against.  That's mostly because I play Smash fighters Smash-style, though - even if you're satisfied with Ryu's basic input specials, I can't get my head around the strong/medium standard attacks.  He plays very much like a fighter from another non-Smash game.  

Whereas I find the swordsmen in general great fun to play as.  Lucas too, actually.  Enough's enough, though, and Cloud is beyond enough in my eyes.

Dark Pit's mince though, won't deny that for a second.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 14:19

Direct anybody? After Cloud, I'm all ready for the announcements of Master Chief, Goku, and Shrek for SSBU.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 15:06

#freewolf

I wonder who won the Smash Ballot, after Cloud got in seemingly without it it really makes you wonder what sort of crazyness might happen! I'm actually excited!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 17:56

I heard that the bookies are paying out early to gamblers who've bet that the Smash Ballot winner is a character that The Cappuccino Kid isn't arsed about.

Odds of it being a character that Balladeer likes are a unfavourable 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/1.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 21:14

It's evens on it being another anime swordsman.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 21:20

Well...

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 Matthew-Artwork2

He's highly likely, and an anime swordsman. I reckon it'll be K. Rool and Wolf though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2015 - 7:02

Sho! Vel! Knight! Sho! Vel! Knight! Grin
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2015 - 7:42

Balladeer wrote:
It's evens on it being another anime swordsman.

God I hope not.  I like my jrpg swordsmen, but enough's enough.  At this point as of Cloud they've done basically everything you can do with swordsmen, time to move on.  Or if they insist give us someone like Seven from Xenoblade with her short dual swords and unique movepool potential, but no more of these single sword users.

As an aside am I the only one here who thinks the Inklings have a higher chance than Shovel Knight? They're Nintendo, they're popular, they're utterly unique, and they're already absolutely beloved. It'd be a fine way to close out Smash Bros, with a character and stage from Nintendo's freshest and most beloved new ip!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2015 - 11:26

Nintendo should put the Inklings into Smash anyway, no matter what the ballot results are. Fine characters who would give the game a breath of fresh ink.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2015 - 11:30

That's a brilliant shout, and I hope they make it in! Completely different to any other character, Nintendo-related, and interesting to play as. Of course their moves would have them being first a kid now, then a squid now.

My opinions on SK have been done to death. Speaking of SKs, I'd actually prefer to see Scram Kitty, who at least is still Wii U exclusive.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2015 - 11:33

Sorry to tell you Balla it's on PS4/VITA.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2015 - 11:38

I was not aware of that, never mind.  Thought it was a crap game anyway, in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2015 - 13:21

ZeroJones wrote:
Sho! Vel! Knight! Sho! Vel! Knight! Grin

PL! US! ONE! PL! US! ONE! Grin

---

I still reckon it won't be a sole winner of the ballot going in but a top 3. (maybe even a 5)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 20 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next