We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 10:26

Yep, I did. It was actually pretty pain free, although I did wait a couple of hours after the direct. He's a pretty fun addition to the roster, feels completely different from the other sword users and has his own game to play with the limit break feature.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 15:43

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 CWTNoGNWIAQ56Rz

"Smashing!"

Ooh that glare that Samus is giving Bayonetta there, what a dream match up that is as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 17:24

Ganondorf is totally taking a selfie there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 18:29

Alright, I've got an idea for a game!  We now know the full roster of Smash characters, so: if you were allowed to get rid of 5 characters, and include 5 others characters, who'd you pick?  And to keep things even, you're only allowed to exchange third-party for third-party and Nintendo for Nintendo.

Here's my list:

Chop:

Choose:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 19:48

Yeah, let's give this a bash.

Cut:

Include:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 21:09

Slice:

Advice:

Balladeer wrote:
Dishonourable mentions to Ryu and the Mii Fighters.

Shockers! Ryu is famously associated with the Super Nintendo, and makes sense in the game. As for Mii fighters, they're not my favourites but I don't think Miis can be missed out of a game like this at this point!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 22:26

I wouldn't actually mind Kraid - anything to get more Metroid representation.  Ridley just seems more likely to appear at vaguely human-size, and a floaty power character would be fun.

Also I've played as Cloud now. Limit Break's nice, but really... he's just another anime swordsman. Albeit in the bulkier Link-like mould.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 0:17

Here we go.

Cut:

Add:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 3:27

Taking the
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 76929011

To:

And I'll be
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 Heart_10

the following:

Can you guess which are the joke ones?  And no, Wolf ain't the joke add.  Also tried to stay away from being too predictable with the adds and cuts, outside the aforementioned Wolf and a certain someone in the cut list.

Further plays with Cloud and I'm loving what they've done.  Not only have they proven they can (somehow) still make a unique character whose combat style is almost entirely sword strikes, but
Semi-competitive jargon:

I wanted to bash his inclusion because of my anti-ffvii bias, I really did, but he's just too darn fun to play as!  And the use of his Japanese voice means none of that emo nonsense from ac either!

ofc, now I have the troubles signing in to Nintendo Network, the day after the release when I want to go back to Xenoblade and do squad missions. Rolling Eyes

Nintendo, get non-garbage servers.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 9:07

Balladeer wrote:
And to keep things even, you're only allowed to exchange third-party for third-party and Nintendo for Nintendo.

Razz Also, you'd kick Villager out over Dark Pit? Shocked That's got to be a joke, surely?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 10:41

Cut

Spoiler:

Add

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 10:48

Balladeer wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
And to keep things even, you're only allowed to exchange third-party for third-party and Nintendo for Nintendo.

Razz

Razz Razz Surely you'd be up for scrapping Cloud for Travis, Cappa? (Reggie counts as first-party, natch.)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 10:53

I'd more than happily see Edge Pit over Sir Campsalot, yes! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 11:04

Great idea Balla Thumbs Up!

Out:

In:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 11:58

Athrun888 wrote:

-Jigglypuff (aka Inferior Kirby)

My tag sums up my feelings really.  Only unlike Luigi and Roy she hasn't moved on from her clone days.

Eh? I agree with your other choices but Jiggs is anything but a clone. The only thing she shares is the floaty jump Kirby has. Roy is still more of a clone than her. Heck, Luigi's still more of a clone than Jiggs.

Also, mage Ganon is a top idea. Imagine smacking his magic back at him and having a tennis rally mid match.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 20:12

I stick with what I previously said about these things... any new character from another franchise is good - I know Cloud's not a Nintendo character, but Smash is basically Ninty's ode to all things good and game-y. So I'm quite happy with him being in there. And Bayonetta (although watch PEGI shit themselves).
But I didn't think they'd add another fucking Fire Emblem character! I hate whiny internet fanboys who don't get what they want - I certainly don't think I know better - but FFS! Half the characters now in Smash Bros. are the same person as far as my old man eyes can tell.

Oh right - everyone else is talking about something else now. Er...

Chuck Out:

Chuck In:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 20:38

Jiggles entire moveset is almost entirely cloned from Kirby. Same down, forward, and up tilts, same forward and down smash, and the same down air. Her back air is also extremely similar to Kriby's, only she does a back kick while Kirby uses both feet.

If Roy and Luigi are clones then so is Jiggles, all three were designed as clones and any cases to be made that make them clones also make her a clone. Honestly the only reason she feels less one is because of how Kirby has evolved, she's still the exact same character she was in 64 and Melee, and she remains a character I profoundly dislike playing as.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 12:26

Late direct reaction - Well at least Corrin is an advertisement for a game on a Nintendo platform unlike Cloud. Thought Bayonetta was a brilliant inclusion but they've really missed a trick not including Inklings, they'd work so well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 12:33

They did say why Cloud is in, though .
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 12:36

All I seem to remember behind the reasoning is people asked for him, if that criteria is good enough then where the heck is Shrek?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 14:13

Another Fire Emblem character is just taking the piss now. Also a little annoyed it's three humanoid characters added, must be easier to make than more unique looking characters.

As for Balla's game:

Oot:
Dr Mario - pointless clone
Lucina - clone and too many FE reps
Robin - another FE character
Dark Pit - clone
Cloud - better suited 3rd party characters

In:
Ice Climbers - bring 'em back
K Rool - DK rep and another villain. Lots of potential for moves based on his differing appearances in the DKC series
Dr Crygor - more worthy than Ashley as a WarioWare character
Ridley - natch
Simon Belmont or Bomberman - better links to Nintendo than Cloud and gaming icons.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 15:35

Treesmurf wrote:
All I seem to remember behind the reasoning is people asked for him, if that criteria is good enough then where the heck is Shrek?

I gather Shrek wasn't a realisable character unlike a Final Fantasy character, which they said people asked for Final Fantasy characters and Cloud is who we got from the series.

Is he the best FF character nah but the most well known yes and if Square are going to allow a FF character in then Cloud for them makes a lot of sense as you can buy FFVII on smart
devices, steam, ps4, ps3 & vita and the remake is coming or they could of put in Noctis from FFXV.

But everyone is a winner as Nintendo please fans by putting in a Final Fantasy character and Square get free advertising.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 0:35

Know that I had a version of this reply about four characters (that's Smash characters, and not, y'know, letters) in and my hudl hiccuped and ruddy lost it all. DAMN YOU!

Put in detention:

Put up a year:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 0:37

I've been doing some thinking about the Fire Emblem thing, and I'm starting to think it makes more sense than would normally apply. Fire Emblem has always had a intimate relationship with Smash, as Melee was what literally put it on the map in the west.

Now that Fire Emblem has achieved commercial success as a worldwide IP, given its origins with Smash, it honestly only makes sense they'd double down. Not to mention if they blew Inklings now what are they going to announce to hype the next Smash? Corrin?

As for Cloud, don't be even remotely surprised if this is happening because Nintendo gets the remake. We know a new Nintendo system is on the horizon so I wouldn't rule it out being a form of advertising.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 1:46

ZeroJones wrote:

5) Robin, because Lucina should stay, as she's female.

Technically, so is Robin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next