We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things

Go down 
+21
flora-chan
Rum
Cube
Treesmurf
oldschool
gjones
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Sylveon
Gogoata
ZeroJones
Fastpie
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 6:09

Here is a picture of my new phone case! And stuff.

img:

Also bought Code Name S.T.E.A.M. again. The new copy appears to have come from Greece. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 12:15

Standard Payday Idiocy:

Every month I get paid and I briefly feel like money isn't even a thing, buying all the stuff I want. Then reality catches up, I remember I have bills and food to buy, and I live like a peasant for three weeks. In my exciting weekend this month, I grabbed a Pokken controller, a Pikachu Libre, Star Wars and Dark Souls III. And based on the recommendations of Bonfireside Chat, a Dark Souls podcast, I picked up The Thing and a collection of HP Lovecraft.

I got lucky on the Pokken controller, talking myself down from splashing £30 only for it to be £16 a week later.

Oh, and because New Day Rocks, I also nabbed
A Unicorn Horn and a Francesca shirt:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 15:20

I brought some game called Bravely Second which is going to be my trip game while on planes and waiting at airports to get on said planes
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 19:50

Sorry folks. I found another copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee in a charity shop earlier. The NTSC version this time. For 99p. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 20:15

I got a game set in space with humanoid animals

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 Receiv10

What game were you guys thinking of?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 20:36

I was thinking of Gravity badgers.

Spoiler:

---

@ drunka - You've never seen The Thing? You are in for a real treat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 21:03

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Sorry folks. I found another copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee in a charity shop earlier. The NTSC version this time. For 99p. Sorry.

There's some poor bloke out there being mugged off every day, spending £200 on a copy of Carnival Games then tripping up on his stairs.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 0:36

And getting a really nasty paper cut - in the eye.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:44

You might ask, "Balladeer, why would you buy a rotund cuddly axolotl?" To which I would respond, "Why wouldn't I buy a rotund cuddly axolotl?"

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 IMG_1270
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 16:48

More charity shop shenanigans: the local Oxfam had some boxed N64 games in. Before I could get fully erect, I seen that it was a fairly mundane lot, and they were overcharging for most of them (WWF Warzone for £10? No? How about Star Wars Episode 1 Racer for £25?). I just wound up leaving with ISS 98 for a fiver, because it was in brilliant condition.

I also got the Starfox Zero First Edition bundle.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 17:07

Hogs of War for PS1: is £15 taking the piss?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 9:09

Drunkalilly wrote:
Hogs of War for PS1: is £15 taking the piss?

Nah - I've seen it sell for more. A good condition copy looks like it could set you back between £20 and £30, so you've done well there.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 8:20

Well, it's more accurate to say "Yesterday I Was Involved In The Purchase Of", but starting a new thread with that title seemed a nuance too far. Long story short, a new car. Jo loves it and I have yet to drive it... it's a red Suzuki Swift.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 12:37

There great cars, I was looking at the Sport version of the Mk2 Swift as main say there the real New Mini. But haven't found one for a while in my price range, or many other cars that have wowed me. Everything seems to be bit boring at the moment, for what's about.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 9:36

Feast your eyes on australian divinity!  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 Lootmo10

The book is absolutely massive I'd like to add, over 1200 pages! Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 19:47

Bought Doshin the Giant on Cube, Daytona USA on Saturn and PAL Dreamcast game 193 Bangai-O which leaves me with 22 to go.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 20:38

Doshin The Giant is one of those "crap but amazing" games. It feels and plays like the first computer game ever made; it does absolutely nothing that it sets out to do well. But it's very simple and quite good fun for a whole load of little reasons. Enjoy!

~

Work took me to a few little affluent towns, and I did well in the charity shops (natch), getting Forza Horizon, Sonic Generations, Just Dance 2014, JD 2015, Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant and Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon on 360 for between two and three quid each. I celebrated by immediately punting them to GAME and buying two £25 Nintendo eShop cards. Entrepreneurialism~!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptySun 8 May 2016 - 15:21

Not many games I want this month, and I've got plenty to play at the moment anyway. I'm looking forward to enjoying lots of little experiences, like Starfox, Gears and Halo, and not rushing Zelda. I don't need another Dark Souls III in my life just now.

So, I bought books!
Spoiler:
Death by Video Games by Simon Parkin and Embed With Games by Cara Ellison, two books about gaming and development I've had my eye on for a while. Girl In the Attic, which my friend said is her favourite book. The Last Empire, on the constant recommendation of Athrun. Uzumaki on the recommendation of Bonfireside Chat, who are also the reason I'm currently reading The Necronomicon.

I also have copies of You died and Souls of Darkness on order, two books about Dark Souls I'm really interested in but which aren't available through convenient means like Amazon or shops.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptySun 8 May 2016 - 18:21

Yeah it's a weird one Cappa, Doshin

You Died is by Keza right? always like her reviews etc when she was at IGN.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptySun 8 May 2016 - 20:02

Another good charity shop haul: I found a washing basket - a washing basket! - with a Wii, all the leads/stands/sensors, two official remotes, the Wii Wheel, a MotionPlus accessory, a remote charging dock and seven games (Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort, M&S at the Winter Olympic Games, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and three Hasbro/Monopoly compilations) for just twenty quid. Everything's in great condition too - I'm guessing that, like 90% of the Wiis out there, it was used over one Christmas holiday ages ago and then put away.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 16:22

A certain PS4 game and controller
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 13:31

Ordered a bunch of stuff with todays payday, in a shocking twist I bought a video game, Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest!  Continuing my Dragonriders of Pern binge I ordered Renegades of Pern and All The Weyrs of Pern which allegedly basically wrap up the Ninth Pass (Skies of Pern notwithstanding, which depending on Weyrs I may or may not read. . . ), and last but not least Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time Volume 2 because I feel a superhero itch coming on and Spidey is the best! 

Also supposedly have a big order of manga coming (and I mean BIG!) but it's a few days overdue and my paranioa is starting to flare up!  If that order gets lost I don't think I'll ever muster the motivation to continue collecting the series involved, although I'll admit I'm probably just being paranoid and it's probably just the weight that's slowing it down.  This is why I hate snail mail   Pale

Drunkalilly wrote:
Not many games I want this month, and I've got plenty to play at the moment anyway. I'm looking forward to enjoying lots of little experiences, like Starfox, Gears and Halo, and not rushing Zelda. I don't need another Dark Souls III in my life just now.

So, I bought books!
Spoiler:
Death by Video Games by Simon Parkin and Embed With Games by Cara Ellison, two books about gaming and development I've had my eye on for a while. Girl In the Attic, which my friend said is her favourite book. The Last Empire, on the constant recommendation of Athrun. Uzumaki on the recommendation of Bonfireside Chat, who are also the reason I'm currently reading The Necronomicon.

I also have copies of You died and Souls of Darkness on order, two books about Dark Souls I'm really interested in but which aren't available through convenient means like Amazon or shops.

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 13990011

Hope you enjoy it when you get to it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 14:40

WWE 2K16 which we will use for the next versus and a Elgato Capture Device, I got the basic one as it has retro input with composite etc. Also ordered a Scart to HDMI which I hope will let me plug in all the retro systems that I've got with scarts which is all of them part from the GameCube that I can use via composite meaning it likely have the best picture.

I was hoping to use this mainly for the Dreamcast and go via VGA but need a few adapters for that and never worth it for one system, so hoping the scart way is good enough for a feature I'm thinking off doing called 1st 15 where I go from A-Z of every single Dreamcast game (hoping to eventually do every PAL game) and play for 15 Minutes.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 22:31

Not as swanky as Balla's, but I got me a music-o-tron:
Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 CiH5l3oXEAE4eWZ
It's got wheely things! I've never had wheely things!

As I felt guilty for purchasing things I didn't need, I also bought Uncharted 4 so my mum could play it. And she has! On my PS4! Pretty much non-stop, since Tuesday evening.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 23:14

What a crazy world, where a Playstation game is a more sensible purchase than an instrument...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next