We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!

Go down 
+13
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
shanks
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 21:11

As someone who is a Fire Emblem "noob", and, given that the trailer is all cutscene (I can see the appeal of the games, but have trouble getting into tactical RPGs) would people want to play the "bad guys" version? I know that's simplifying it a little; it's just that, from an outsider's perspective, it looks like the same gameplay, but with more disapproval from the storyline.

edit: Apologies if that makes no sense. I'm so bloody tired
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 21:33

Is the fate of this game to be just as annoying as it's predecessor in the story/characters department, find out next time on dragon ball Z.

*runs*
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 23:35

I don't think it's going to be as cut and dry as good guys and bad guys. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but it certainly sounds like an interesting enough split. The different difficulties thing is a bit silly though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 9:53

andyman949 wrote:
I don't think it's going to be as cut and dry as good guys and bad guys. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but it certainly sounds like an interesting enough split. The different difficulties thing is a bit silly though.

Yeah, the Nohr kingdom doesn't seem like they're entirely "bad", more morally ambiguous with a few nasty eggs among their ranks. Going from the trailer anyway, could easily be wrong.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 17:23

Has this even got a release date yet? I am looking forward to this my knees are shacking of excitement, no words to express my feelings.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 15:29

The latest Iwata Asks goes in depth in to the creation process of these games, it was a pretty interesting read. http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/fire-emblem-fates/0/0

Any fears I had that the story would be as, well, lackluster as Awakening have gone out the window as of this.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 17:25

Have just started this and seem to be powering through, only half and hour in and up to chapter 3
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 18:49

FE:A story was good, Athrun but I do like that the game will feature same-sex couples if you wish but I hear almost everyone is related though yay to Game of Thrones the series.

@Shanks which version did you get
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:04

As I'm Nohr at the moment I'm guessing the dark one. The download title doesn't have a sub it's just fire emblem if.
Guess I'll wait and see at chapter 5 or 6 when he choice is meant to pop up
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:14

yeah that's the choice which locks you in or something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 15:31

Same-sex marriages!  Same-sex marriages!  After Nintendo's dramatic stumble over Tomodachi Life, this is a very welcome thing. Grin

The Japanese games, on the other hand, arguably go too far with any orientation.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 16:13

Oh?

*goes and checks it out*

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 George_Takei-oh-my
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 16:29

That's getting dropped like a hot sea urchin on localisation.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 16:31

That's because the rest of the world is no fun Cheeky
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 18:46

Like Evan Fletcher said is right and I agree to this comment:

Let’s face it, this game’s not for younger audiences. The only reason that a child would have a hold on this game would be if their parent(s) did not know that games with a rating of “T” or “PEGI 13+” should only be for those people who are of appropriate age. Stop complaining and please understand that Fire Emblem is not a kids game. Therefore kids should not be playing it, if a kid has the game, blame the parent for not knowing of the age rating of the game, not the kid nor Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 19:05

I'm really not sure as to how I feel about this game. On the one hand, some of the storyline features that have been leaked thus far (darker plot, same-sex marriages) are really good news for the game. But, I really don't like some of the "otaku crap" that's made its way into the game, like the face-rubbing minigame (basically Pokemon Amie but with anime girls) and whatnot, nor do I like the way the game's been divided into chunks.

I'm holding out for a "everything on one cart" edition to alleviate that last concern, but my other concern isn't going away, especially considering the popularity of Awakening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 21:10

I'm super pissed at the 2 versions coming here... The game doesn't sell enough as it is...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 2:51

Has there been any word on a special edition with all the content on the one cart, Andy?

If there isn't a special edition on its way, I'll probably get the Nohr edition. Seemingly its map design and characters are far more interesting than the other edition. Also, that other edition has a fox-man character, which made me nope right out of wanting to buy that one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 6:33

From the original the actual full game sounded like it was download only. I don't think there has been enough about the western release to make a call on it though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 10:39

I've seen enough fan service in anime and video games to honestly just not care about this sort of thing. As long as the actual game and story are good one or two optional features that can be ignored aren't going to bother me one bit, as long as it doesn't start becoming detrimental to the rest of the game it's not worth caring about from my perspective.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 14:58

For what it's worth, the fanservice does seem restricted to an optional area in between battles, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 18:21

Sounds like were getting the same treatment as Japan two versions or buy as a download then pay to unlock the other story.

The Special Edition would be rather nice.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:03

The face-petting scenes look like something out of LovePlus. You even get a kiss at the end.

I'm surprised the Fire Emblem audience -- or the intended audience -- has shifted so quickly in the space of 1-2 games. The amount of pandering to the game's target audience is insane for a famed strategy RPG series which wasn't associated with this kind of thing for a good 10 or so series entries.

But hey, if this plays a good game of strategy then I'll be onboard. Awakening could have done with far better map design and mission objectives, so there's plenty of room for improvement.

It's just a bit sad that this game gets 50x the interest of Codename STEAM. It's clear the focus groups got to it as well, yet Codename: STEAM is Intelligent Systems doing whatever the heck they wanted, making it arguably more interesting as a result. Not that I can talk, I've yet to buy Codename STEAM!!!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:55

Buy Code Name S.T.E.A.M. - it's not bad. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:59

I really should, especially as I can afford it now. Just waiting for it to go down in price a little. I was really disappointed with some of the reviews for it, a lot were pretty dismissive of the game and its attempts to shake up the strategy genre, and some criticised it for things which are a staple to all strategy games. Things like enemy reinforcements, which are designed to keep the player moving so they don't pick off one enemy at a time at a leisurely pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next