We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

"A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 22:40

That was certainly a Scullion review.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 22:46

I'm certainly up for another go at crap game, even if it's as simple as one of ya picking something from my backlog or know I can play as it's on Game Pass.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 21:07

I am, tentatively, going to cover Nippon Marathon in this thread at a later date. That's not to diminish the value of Mas' gift, as it did have a 'so bad it's good' feel to it; but I feel I could do some entertaining slagging off of the game so long as it doesn't offend the giver.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 21:33

I'm fine with it as you're still using, the other game I was looking at was Our World has Ended for you.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 17:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 23:47

Balladeer wrote:
I do have an idea for reviving this project, incidentally, if Cappa wants to hear it; but it’s probably one to save for a less game-filled time.

This is me just reading this now, two months after you'd posted it. I'm all ears, but batter away with any ideas you've got  Thumbs Up!

I always thought Nippon Marathon looked all right! Never heard of masofdas's game though. I'm looking through my Switch games, and I only own one that I think is genuinely crap (Mecho Tales). I've got Garfield Kart on 3DS though!!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2019 - 13:37

It's pretty simple:
  • Use Meta/Opencritic to find eShop games that have < 40%;
  • Check which of those games have a price of under a tenner;
  • Everyone who wants to play is given a game to buy and review.

It'll cost a bit more, of course, but it's less than the GNSS budget and hopefully not too much for a bit of fun.  I guess I'd suggest waiting for (a) a sale and/or (b) for the hectic Switch autumn's aftermath to die down.  Open to other suggestions, natch.

For now, though, let's do this.  Thank you for letting me do this, Mas: I remain delighted by the very 'me' present, and will be playing up the slagging off for comic effect. Smile
NIPPON MARATHON:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2019 - 16:06

See your rules go out the window for me as I played likes of Where the Bees Make Honey in 2019 on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 20:57

That sounds a lot worse than I was expecting it too, no wonder it was available on the cheap.

Would be totally up for that idea although I'm willing to bet I too will play games like that on purpose, I mean I've put a whole tonne of hours in to Ark over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 23:37

Christ, that announcer sounds genuinely awful. Laughing

Top write-up, Balla. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2020 - 10:17

He is by far the worst bit. Like I said, I'm talking the crapness up a bit for comic effect, but... yep, hard to recommend. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 17:58

Oh boy! I always hoped I'd "missed something" and it wouldn't be as try-hard-y as all that! Well, thanks for the warning Balla!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 18:32

Laughing Thanks for that Balla, twas a good read.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 19:55

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's a gift that's given a lot of amusement. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 15:57

This could be one for this thread maybe....

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 2:06

There must be a simulator game for everything now on Steam, surely?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 12:42

I bet someone has already made a steam simulator on steam.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2020 - 21:05

Castle brought back a lot of NGamer memories with this piece. He even referenced Kittsy in the comments!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2020 - 21:59

Cheers for linking that, it's not a review I'd have clicked on otherwise. What did Matthew Castle do after NOM? Was he not a writer for an XBox One magazine?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2020 - 2:05

He was the editor at OXM for a while, yeah, then he went online at maybe Rock Paper Shotgun or Yogscast or something like that? He just recently lost that gig so I guess he's freelance just now?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2020 - 19:36

RPS, yep. He seems to spend most of his time with his cats these days.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:02

"It’s rare to see a designer shrug and go back back to bed in real-time, but there it is."

Top notch review - cheers for sharing, Balla.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:19

Agreed, that's a top line. I quite enjoyed Scullion's review of FIFA 21 Legacy Edition too, although there's a hint more of proper anger to that one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:37

Yeah, that review didn't have that NGamer kicking that I enjoyed reading, but it was definitely necessary to write and warn people about the laziness of the game they put out. The stuff about delisting the old versions... oh dear.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020 - 16:54

Not to bat for EA, they deserve a bollocking, but there could be licensing reasons for their older games disappearing. I know that football manager games are only available digitally for at most the current and previous season.
That said, anti consumerism is EA's calling card so it wouldn't come as a surprise if this was their choice!

As for the review, I'm surprised he put so much effort into it. Certainly more than ea have!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 21:57

Balladeer wrote:
It's pretty simple:

• Use Meta/Opencritic to find eShop games that have < 40%;
  • Check which of those games have a price of under a tenner;
  • Everyone who wants to play is given a game to buy and review.

Do you still do anything like this on a regular basis? Was thinking it might be fun/interesting/painful to do something like this with the discounted 8p games on the Switch eShop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

"A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next