We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 7:57

Yeah I think I've got the hang of Corrin now, had a few online matches and did alright
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 10:51

Balladeer wrote:
Do they both have counters?  Ugh, I'm sick to death of counters.  Especially from FE characters.

Corrin's counter is your traditional FE counter, complete with the "ching" noise when you miss and everything. They morph into a dragon when they hit it, though. Bayo's counter is a little different in that it slows you down for a period of time dependent on your percentage. Usually, it gives the Bayo player enough time to fully charge up a smash attack, and it's pretty much game over for you then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 13:37

Okay, having spent the afternoon CRUSHING Bayonetta's with superior dragon waifu Corrin I feel safe in saying this immutable uncontestable fact: Corrin >>>> Bayonetta.   A fair number of the guys I fought seemed to know how to use her too.

Corrin's better looking too.  Elegance >>>>>>>>>> everything else

Oh and on the off chance nobody has heard about this, you can tech her dragon lunge (side special) so it impales the ground immediately rather than at the end of the leap by hitting A straight after starting the move, needless to say I'm practising this one till I can nail it at will.

Speaking of Dragon Lunge that move is so awesome if you nail someone with the tip while you're in the air, who needs forward airs when you have dragon lunge?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptySat 6 Feb 2016 - 12:48

Whilst I dislike the idea in general I have to wonder why there was no season pass for all the Smash DLC, they did it with Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors and I was more than happy to buy them, I'd have been even happier to pay for a Smash one, even more so considering I paid under the odds for the game to start with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 14:32

Hopefully we get another patch... this right here is dumb. 3%. THREE.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 9:11

Eh, I disagree.  Just seems typical stupid Mac getting punished for being stupid.  He has one of the strongest forward smashes in the game, not really that shocking he'd get killed that early with a counter that uses launching power of the move it was triggered by in its retaliation.  Especially given his own lack of weight.

Also that was horrid DI right there, like, really horrid. Like, that shouldn't have even killed horrid.  And for all the rabbiting on I see around the internet about Corrin's counter being broken I've yet to get a single kill with it beneath 70 or so percent unless I was way up in the air (and I've played a TON of matches with her) or hit by a Smash, so frankly I don't really hold any stock in the current complaints.

Besides everyone calls every bit of new dlc broken when it launches, then a few months down the track those assumptions end up miles off the reality. Heck Mac himself was considered utterly broken at launch, capable of scoring easy cheap kills with his smashes. Now he's considered garbage.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 10:16

Regardless of the fact of what move a player uses, nobody should be getting killed at 3% off a counter. That's just silly. I've died from Corrin's counter at like 40% using something as simple as Ryu's up-tilt.

Had a bit more of a chance to tinker with Corrin and Bayonetta. Getting the hang of Corrin now - her back air is really weird in terms of its momentum, so it catches a lot of folks out. Bayo's definitely my style of character though, so I think I'll be using her more often. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:12

I prefer Bayonetta to Corrin. I like the punchy punchy kicky kicky.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 20:21

Played with 'em a bit, mostly Corrin.  S/he's certainly more interesting than any other FE character apart from Robin, which is damning with faint praise. Another anime swordsman at the end of the day, it's just occasionally the sword gets longer.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyTue 9 Feb 2016 - 9:01

My reaction to the corrin hate, in general.  Mostly around the net, although I'm seriously fed up of the whining in its entirety.  

Spoiler:

Putting aside immature but oh so satisfying jabs for a minute.  

When far (FAR) more complex fighting games can have rosters that almost entirely consist of sword users and still remain almost entirely unique with each member I really think saying "anime sword user" like it's some sort of negative is a bit silly (slightly understating that for the sake of manners).  Sonic and Falcon both use fists and feet to fight, it's the exact same thing, the only thing that limits the moveset is creativity, it most certainly is not the weapon.  

JayMoyles wrote:
Regardless of the fact of what move a player uses, nobody should be getting killed at 3% off a counter. That's just silly. I've died from Corrin's counter at like 40% using something as simple as Ryu's up-tilt.

I disagree, it's simply what happens when a counter factors in launching power of the move.  Given how little use counters have in skilled play I'd argue it needs to be this good solely to be viable, missing a counter at high level play is basically immediate death so it needs quality returns.  And as for non-high level play, well, whatever.  Smash at that level isn't serious enough to care about the counter anyway.  

Besides this isn't even the first counter with serious killing power, Shulk also has it.  Only real difference is Corrin's is always closest to a blast zone, Shulk's can be on the other side of the stage from a blast zone.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyTue 9 Feb 2016 - 11:09

You had to pick the most vile of bad guys to prove your point? Eh?

But yeah there seems to be a lot of Corrin hate mainly with her Counter
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyTue 9 Feb 2016 - 19:32

Athrun wrote:
I disagree, it's simply what happens when a counter factors in launching power of the move. Given how little use counters have in skilled play I'd argue it needs to be this good solely to be viable, missing a counter at high level play is basically immediate death so it needs quality returns. And as for non-high level play, well, whatever. Smash at that level isn't serious enough to care about the counter anyway.

In a casual setting though you'd still be right to be miffed at it happening as you only expect to be KO'd in a high percentage.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyTue 9 Feb 2016 - 20:10

Not forgetting that Smash is arguably at its best in local multiplayer, when not everybody is likely to be competitive standard.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyTue 9 Feb 2016 - 21:01

Athrun888 wrote:

I disagree, it's simply what happens when a counter factors in launching power of the move.  Given how little use counters have in skilled play I'd argue it needs to be this good solely to be viable, missing a counter at high level play is basically immediate death so it needs quality returns.  And as for non-high level play, well, whatever.  Smash at that level isn't serious enough to care about the counter anyway.  

Thing is, I don't play at a high level. I'm alright at Smash, and I'll dabble in For Glory but I'm still essentially a casual player. If I get killed below 60% outwith crazy moves like Cloud's Finishing Touch, a Warlock Punch etc., I'm going to be annoyed. And that's what's been happening with Corrin's counter.

For what it's worth, I like the character - great aerial moves, the lance is unique and they feel different enough from the rest of the FE cast in Smash. But that counter is the only part of the character that needs changing in my view.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016 - 0:37

Athrun888 wrote:

When far (FAR) more complex fighting games can have rosters that almost entirely consist of sword users and still remain almost entirely unique with each member I really think saying "anime sword user" like it's some sort of negative is a bit silly..

To me, Smash is a celebration of Nintendo history - and more recently an invitation for select iconic gaming characters to be celebrated too. To that end, I think the problem is more Nintendo showcasing another bloody Fire Emblem character when they have so many other franchises to choose from. It doesn't help that Cloud is another RPG swordsman too.

Athrun888 wrote:

I think it's a bit disingenuous to state that a casual player doesn't care about counters. They're not typically go to moves when me and the gang play but they do get used. However, if there's a counter that can get a kill at low percentages in certain situations then it is definitely going to be used a lot. When it does connect for a kill at a really low percentage it's also going irritate/dampen the fun. I'm sure most would rather have a decent scrap into the higher percentages causing their death or laugh at their ineptitude for jumping/ random item killing them if they're switched on, than basically be one-hit KO'd. I don't really care about competitive Smash, but if counters need to be that good to be viable then maybe we'd be better off without them?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 20:11

Never would have thought that Bayo would be a slow power character before I tried her. Shows what I know.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 21:16

Balladeer wrote:
Never would have thought that Bayo would be a slow power character before I tried her.  Shows what I know.

Ooh, I wouldn't say that at all! I'd say she's more combo heavy. Her Smash attacks are slow as molasses though, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 6:31

So, bought Bayo last night (along with a metric ton of other stuff) to round out the dlc (that I plan on buying anyway, not gonna bother with Lucas), first impression is I'm never going to use this girl effectively.  I always, always, drop the most basic of combo's (side special to up special to two more side specials to an air attack, pulled that off once) and if you can't combo she's pretty garbage.  

Fun to use mind you, but definitely not going to be a main of mine.  Corrin's still my best character, and I think it's safe to say I finally have a true main in her.  A character I can comfortably go to when I want to win.  Secondary main is Cloud, not particularly good at him but he's easily the second most fun on the roster outside garbage spammy characters.  

Why does Mewtwo have to be so garbage?  If only he was a medium weight, he'd be so good.  Alas he gets knocked off the stage if someone so much as sneezes on him.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2016 - 4:56

New balance patch out!  Guess this show isn't over yet eh.

Good god, Mewtwo is fast as hell now!  Those not in the communities may wonder how fast he runs now.  Try as fast as Sheik.  As fast as Sheik.

Oh, and Corrin haterz will be happy to know she's been nerfed a little.  Runs a bit slower, her aerials do one less percent, and her counter has a reduced kill power.  That last will no doubt please a lot of people.  Can't say I've found any of it detrimental to how I use Corrin, but if it shuts the haters up it's all good.

Cloud got nerfed as well, his up air lost a percent and has less kill power now, although as far as I can tell it still has the rest of the properties that made it as good as it was.

Edit: GG Sheik, just GG.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 21:43

Happy enough with the changes, and my boy Ganondorf is even better now apparently. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25