We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy

Go down 
+9
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 12:08

This is a bit special, isn't it? Feels like Splatoon & Smash bros had a baby - personally couldn't get on with the motion controls as I felt it hampered my overall movement but that disappeared when I tried using a controller & I thoroughly enjoyed my first hour (well, 45 mins) with the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 20:45

I'm sold.

What other game lets you play as a goo man and take out three ninjas? (Shameless Twitter crosspost.)

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 DA2yos9V0AAlopV
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 21:06

Motion controls are naff.

Once I changed to my Pro Controller and started using Min Min instead of Ribbon, I started to get into a rhythm and really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 21:09

Ribbon Girl is ace. The trick I found with her was to mix up jumping and air dashing - kept my movements unpredictable and allowed me to wait for an opening.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 22:21

I was hoping y'all would come back with happy posts. Love Looks like a pre-order is in order. Dance
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 18:20

I know there are ways to counter people who spam throws over and over but my god it's still super annoying when they catch ye out with it, so I was thinking maybe they need to make a throw more obvious - the current visual cue isn't bold enough in my book especially when some fights can get a bit chaotic & you confuse a throw for a punch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 19:29

Obviously I missed the entire Testpunch, but online multiplayer with randoms isn't my thing in any case.  Glad people came away from it with positive experiences though.

Although having heard all about the latest Injustice game on the newest IGN UK podcast, I'm very sad that this isn't getting more than the basic arcade mode in single-player.  Even if it's not integral for youse lot, it can extend a fighting game to those who aren't always the greatest fans of the genre - so, me then.  

Come to think of it, fighters I've played are Smash, Soul Calibur II, and... is that it?  That might be it.  Anyway still up for this, I just hope it's got something for the reactionally challenged to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 20:55

Balladeer wrote:
Obviously I missed the entire Testpunch, but online multiplayer with randoms isn't my thing in any case.  Glad people came away from it with positive experiences though.

Although having heard all about the latest Injustice game on the newest IGN UK podcast, I'm very sad that this isn't getting more than the basic arcade mode in single-player.  Even if it's not integral for youse lot, it can extend a fighting game to those who aren't always the greatest fans of the genre - so, me then.  

Come to think of it, fighters I've played are Smash, Soul Calibur II, and... is that it?  That might be it.  Anyway still up for this, I just hope it's got something for the reactionally challenged to enjoy.

I haven't been the biggest fan of the genre either but I still think this is going to have enough content to keep me interested as a solo player, I was even saying to Andy & Jay on skype that I've already decided I will be going through the Grand prix with every character & no fighting game has ever made me want to do that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:29

I think the lobby system makes this much more palatable than your average fighting game. A lot of fighters launch with your basic arcade mode and once that's been rattled through it leaves with either trying to scrounge up a few mates into a "one-on, one-off" lobby or the daunting prospect of playing with randoms. ARMS's lobby felt genuinely engaging, keeping everybody playing as much as possible without having repeat fights on the go. Cycling modes was a plus too, and I think it's going to be a real hit if we pile all the GNamer lads into a party lobby. That's where the bulk of my time will likely end up with this.

Although having said that, much like Jas I reckon I'll bash through the Grand Prix mode with every character too. The core game is just that much fun. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:37

I just hope they don't skimp on customisation options when playing with friends, as well as party mode I'd like to be able to break down all those modes within that individually and pick lots of different rules.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:42

I'd imagine they will, but on the flipside I hope they can balance it so we don't have tryhard Jay or Jas rumbling in with their level 5000 lightning Arms wrecking fools. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:57

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd imagine they will, but on the flipside I hope they can balance it so we don't have tryhard Jay or Jas rumbling in with their level 5000 lightning Arms wrecking fools. Laughing

Is there actually a level system for arms then?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 22:06

They mentioned in the Direct that getting duplicate versions of Arms levels those Arms up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 22:13

oooh I missed that bit of info, that'll be another reason why ranked games stick to a finite number of arms per fighter then.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 5:58

JayMoyles wrote:
I think the lobby system makes this much more palatable than your average fighting game.

Although having said that, much like Jas I reckon I'll bash through the Grand Prix mode with every character too. The core game is just that much fun. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

It's still going to have to have an engaging offline to keep me interested, I reckon. Fingers crossed (or, er, ARMS crossed?) I want to do the same.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:13

If you can, you should definitely try and get on board for one of the next Testpunch sessions. I wasn't sold on the game until I tried it out there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:15

If there's one thing that's going to put me off, it's being battered by randoms online. I'm not a good loser. At the very least I need a chance to practise before I go onto the webzzzz.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:19

My natural fighting game prowess meant there would be no such problems for me. Winky Face

To be fair though, the average skill level was pretty low online on the Testpunches. I think you'd do fine judging by your performances in Smash at the last meetup.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:24

I think that's literally years of practice coming through. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 22:53

After one very drunk 1AM session and then a couple at more reasonable hours, I am incredibly sold on this game. I'm gonna try writing up a proper preview after both Testpunches.

One thing that I surprised myself with: I actually didn't like the motion controls much at all. All pad for this lad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 1:55

Drunkalilly wrote:
After one very drunk 1AM session and then a couple at more reasonable hours, I am incredibly sold on this game. I'm gonna try writing up a proper preview after both Testpunches.

One thing that I surprised myself with: I actually didn't like the motion controls much at all. All pad for this lad.

It might not be the case but I get the feeling that the motion controls were perhaps developed last as everything just feel so right with the button only layout.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 8:04

The_Jaster wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

It might not be the case but I get the feeling that the motion controls were perhaps developed last as everything just feel so right with the button only layout.

That would lead me to believe that it was originally intended to be a Wii U game. Eh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 8:32

Considering how long it takes to develop games these days that is probably true.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 9:33

On the Single Player stuff, I still think it's not a lot as it is pretty standard (unless your SFV) for a fighter and what I was doing on Mortal Kombat II back in 1994.

I do like the lobby idea fro multiplayer and be great to get on Skype with you guys and we can have a bunch of matches going at once. I think it was Muss on about a Kart league but what about ARMS that sounds like something that makes more sense.

On motion controls, I said this whilst on Skype that I think they were put into the game to show off the motion controls of the Switch.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 31 May 2017 - 17:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 13:23

I'm sure you's have already seen this but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: