We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)

Go down 
+9
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Jimbob
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 19:37

Like this doesn't deserve its own thread.  This is clearly a fair way off, but it's going to be ace, obviously.  So: what do you want to see?

I want dungeons, collectable items, and to play as Zelda.  Not much to ask? Shifty

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 13 Sep 2022 - 16:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:15

I want the exact same game with a new area to explore.

I actually would be happy with just that although I guess proper dungeons would be nice this time around. My initial thoughts is it seems more story driven with it all looking very serious and dark and that it's a direct sequel set after Breath of the Wild. I'm also gonna guess that there's gonna be a bit of an underworld type area to add to the size of the map and it'll have some links to Twilight Princess as I got a lot of Twilight Realm vibes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:23

When I clocked that this was Zelda I honestly thought it was just going to be an expansion to BoTW but it being a full blown sequel is unreal! Not going to ask for anything specific though because after the other one I know they'll knock it out the park. Thumbs Up! (It's also maybe like 3 or 4 years off Laughing )

Last edited by The_Jaster on Tue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:23

The Majora's Mask of Breath of the Wild.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 0:22

The_Jaster wrote:
(It's also maybe like 3 or 4 years off Laughing )

I think that's a stretch - it'll probably use a lot of the same assets and engine as BotW, so I'd expect a similar turnaround to OoT and MM. Like, I honestly wouldn't be stunned if this was the big winter game for Nintendo in 2020.

On the point of the game... fucking YAS. A follow up to one of my favourite games of all time? Sold. I don't need to see gameplay - I know this will be awesome. I share Balla's wishes for the game, but I do hope they still retain the ability to do the game in any order you'd like. That was part of the magic of BotW. It was your journey, not the same path as every other player would follow.

I'm excited! Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:11

Holiday 2020 would make a lot of sense as if both Scarlett and PS5 are launching, Nintendo something that will get eyes on the Switch and a sequel to one of the highest rated and best selling games will do that.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 13:55

Hmm, are they going to play it straight and have it actually be Ganondorf, or go for a twist like some other force either inhabiting his abandoned body or using it as a source of power. Or go for the mega-ultra twist and play it straight, then reveal it's someone else, then reveal that Ganondorf was in his body biding his time all according to keikaku.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 17:16

masofdas wrote:

Hope not as that's the only Zelda game I've never got on with. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 17:19

I mean in terms of a darker setting and very story driven, as MM is also the only 3D Zelda I've not finished.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:06

masofdas wrote:

I know that was my, and a lot of other people's, stock answer for what Nintendo should do next. It's going to be a long time before they can properly top BotW, so to twist on it and do something interesting and different with what they've already built feels like the right move to me. Maybe with some more dungeon and enemy variety as well, to please some naysayers.

JayMoyles wrote:
On the point of the game... fucking YAS. I'm excited! Grin

That's as close as I'll ever get to putting my feelings into words. I'm genuinely buzzing right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:17

Sorry me again but just watched this https://youtu.be/xWfDeMiisP4 video and the lore does checkout, which gets me a tad excited as Twilight Princess is a banger.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:28

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Hope not as that's the only Zelda game I've never got on with. Laughing

While I never got on with it either, that's because of the time mechanic. I absolutely didn't mind the tone and the focus. I'm guessing you're the same Jas? I doubt we'll get the 'three days' thing again.

JayMoyles wrote:
I share Balla's wishes for the game, but I do hope they still retain the ability to do the game in any order you'd like. That was part of the magic of BotW. It was your journey, not the same path as every other player would follow.

I would think that this would need to be slightly linearer (shush) to maintain MM's story focus if they're doing something like that. Of course, it could just be like BotW but darker in tone.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:47

Seeing the Smurfview above; I fear you're getting the same area to explore but with a whole new game. I'm actually a bit apprehensive - playing Skyrim soon after Oblivion did feel a bit "the same again but with more snow", but I trust Nintendo to do a good thing. And it looks like Zelda's been given dynamic animation-friendly hair Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:54

Balla wrote:
While I never got on with it either, that's because of the time mechanic. I absolutely didn't mind the tone and the focus. I'm guessing you're the same Jas? I doubt we'll get the 'three days' thing again.

Aye, it was the time mechanic that put me off but everything was cool.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:12

Jimbob wrote:
And it looks like Zelda's been given dynamic animation-friendly hair Shocked

GGGGNNNNNNGGGH PLAYABLE ZELDA AND/ OR CO-OP PLEASE NINTENDO!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:40

Yep, that.

Jimbob wrote:
Seeing the Smurfview above; I fear you're getting the same area to explore but with a whole new game. I'm actually a bit apprehensive - playing Skyrim soon after Oblivion did feel a bit "the same again but with more snow", but I trust Nintendo to do a good thing.

Argh I hope not. I think the impact of the giant world would be lessened the second time around, shadowed or no.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:43

Mileage can definitely vary there. For example, Shen has replayed the main questline of BotW on three or four save files because she loves that experience, whereas personally I know I'll never feel the way I did the first time around ever again. It'd take a lot to recreate that feeling: I don't even think a new map would do it without a whole bunch of new mechanics and stories and art styles and a world and all sorts.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 21:13

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm also gonna guess that there's gonna be a bit of an underworld type area to add to the size of the map and it'll have some links to Twilight Princess as I got a lot of Twilight Realm vibes.

masofdas wrote:
Sorry me again but just watched this https://youtu.be/xWfDeMiisP4 video and the lore does checkout, which gets me a tad excited as Twilight Princess is a banger.

I've not done the same level of research but my post came before that video was uploaded. Wave
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 23:37

Drunkalilly wrote:
It'd take a lot to recreate that feeling: I don't even think a new map would do it without a whole bunch of new mechanics and stories and art styles and a world and all sorts.

I'd feel differently - a huge part of the majesty of that first playthrough of BotW was exploring and finding something new in the world, be it a shrine, a town, a nest of enemies or even a little cave with treasure in it. A new map would do the trick nicely for that, although I do reckon they'll use large chunks of the existing scenery for this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 2:26

I'd love a new world to explore, but it won't be the same, you know? I hope they try lots of new and different things on top of what worked in BotW.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 7:33

There's been a lot of talk about Zelda being playable as she has shorter hair, I just think she wanted a haircut.

But yeah when the trailer came on, I may or may not have made some unintelligible noises
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 19:08

I think we need an imitation of these noises in text form here in this thread.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'd love a new world to explore, but it won't be the same, you know? I hope they try lots of new and different things on top of what worked in BotW.

This, pretty much. LIKE PLAYABLE ZELDA.

It'll be great regardless though. We all know it'll be great, apart from Mas, who thinks it might be great. Everything else is quibbles. Speaking of, I'm up for doing a reprise of our joint review if you are, Drunka...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 19:19

Isn't it more likely to be the other way around? As the sequel might not live up to the first and as I don't like the first this might turn out to b great for me with lower expectations.

Playing as Zelda, I can do that on my CDi.

@Smurf timeline doesn't matter according to Jay
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 19:29

To be fair the last Zelda I thought didn't qualify for 'great' status (ignoring TFH which I never played) was Spirit Tracks. These fellows have a tremendous track (sorry) record.

Also, I'm somebody who tends to prefer sequels, as they're when a developer has really got to grips with the engine/IP/other and can spread their wings. I don't think this'll happen with BotW2 given how highly I prize the original, but I'm fully expecting excellence and will go full Ballamity Ganon on Nintendo if I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 2:07

masofdas wrote:

@Smurf timeline doesn't matter according to Jay

Confused

Balladeer wrote:

Also, I'm somebody who tends to prefer sequels, as they're when a developer has really got to grips with the engine/IP/other and can spread their wings.  I don't think this'll happen with BotW2 given how highly I prize the original, but I'm fully expecting excellence and will go full Ballamity Ganon on Nintendo if I don't get it.

I think you'll get it. They'll have learned from some of the quibbles people had with BotW and will be able to build upon that to make something truly special. I think that might by why the second game in a series tends to be my favourite - Assassin's Creed II, Mass Effect 2, Pokémon Silver, Gears of War 2... I could probably think of more - as the devs take what they've learned from the first game, refine what was brilliant and iron out any flaws.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next