We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)

Go down 
+9
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Jimbob
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 16:23

Any final guesses at the name of the game before we presumably find out? I'm going for 'Breath of the Wild 2: Cursed Kingdom' because I'm unimaginative. I did like 'Death of the Wild' which I saw elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 16:33

Oh mate you are setting yourself up for disappointment Laughing

I think Blood of Something would make a nice follow-up to Breath of Something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 16:33

Yep, been doing just that for the last couple of hours. Laughing / Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 17:52

Hahaha Laughing Other people are still trying to make Videogames. Go home, lads, take the night off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 17:57

This looked tremendous, which I wasn't really doubting. I was a bit worried that it'd all be dark and miserable, set underground. Hahahaha no.

Looks like they're really building on the verticality with this one, which is good to see. I did set myself up for disappointment on the title though!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 18:00

Looked good, and I wonder what Link is diving off, like is Skyloft in it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 18:16

lEt'S hOpE nOt

It looked more like the Sacred Realm to me - i.e. the not dark Dark World.
Or is that actually Skyloft anyway? The timeline is confusing.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 19:33

I liked the squelching-through-solid-rock mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:29

Balladeer wrote:
Any final guesses at the name of the game before we presumably find out?  I'm going for 'Breath of the Wild 2: Cursed Kingdom' because I'm unimaginative.  I did like 'Death of the Wild' which I saw elsewhere.
Geoff of the Wild

I'm pleased to see there's a bunch of new powers Link's got. Or is it actually Link? Yes. Not so much for their direct usefulness, but the discoveries that people will make over the next few years in how to make weird shiz happen!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 13:35

Jimbob wrote:
Or is it actually Link?

It's clearly Robert Patrick of T1000 fame playing Link for this sequel as you can see him transform from 49 seconds to 55 in the new trailer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 19:13

Jimbob wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Any final guesses at the name of the game before we presumably find out?  I'm going for 'Breath of the Wild 2: Cursed Kingdom' because I'm unimaginative.  I did like 'Death of the Wild' which I saw elsewhere.
Geoff of the Wild

I'm pleased to see there's a bunch of new powers Link's got. Or is it actually Link? Yes. Not so much for their direct usefulness, but the discoveries that people will make over the next few years in how to make weird shiz happen!

Seems legit, Keighley hosts everything else in the industry.

Yes it's definitely Link. Lots of wishful thinking from people who want to play as Zelda. It's not her.

Also: is it definitely the same Hyrule, the landmass under the floaty bits? That'd be a bit duff if so, unless they've changed it lots - but how does that work with Link going underground?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 0:59

I think it is the same Hyrule but it looks like they've done a hell of a lot of stuff to make it unfamiliar. "A bit duff" is pretty unfair . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 10:53

So it begins the comparing BotW and BotW2, which as someone almost on the outside might do BotW2 a disservice with that's a bit duff same Hyrule.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 20:42

It is Link but as I've seen suggested elsewhere, you never see his face in the trailer after the thing grabs his arm, perhaps his face is marked in the same way his arm is? I've already watched the trailer loads of times like I did with the first game, they've done a cracking job again at making this look like something unforgettable we've not played before. They also said the title of the game is spoiler so I'm gonna go with

The Legend of Zelda: Link dies at the end lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 0:07

The Legend of Zelda & Knuckles
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:19

Buskalilly wrote:
I think it is the same Hyrule but it looks like they've done a hell of a lot of stuff to make it unfamiliar. "A bit duff" is pretty unfair . . .

If it does feel really unfamiliar then 'a bit duff' might well be unfair. I'm just slightly concerned that, given that the best thing about the original was exploring and discovering the new landmass, any repetition is going to feel a bit duff in comparison, unless almost every step is impressively subverted.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:38

Buskalilly wrote:
The Legend of Zelda & Knuckles

& Big the Cat.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 20:19

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:

If it does feel really unfamiliar then 'a bit duff' might well be unfair.  I'm just slightly concerned that, given that the best thing about the original was exploring and discovering the new landmass, any repetition is going to feel a bit duff in comparison, unless almost every step is impressively subverted.

This is just a thought and I've no real weight behind it but we've seen Hyrule Castle lift out from the ground, perhaps this has happened all over Hyrule and what's left underneath could be areas like seen in the first trailer. However this would also mean the areas in the Sky are just the same as the first game but lifted from the ground rather than built from the ground up.

Last edited by Treesmurf on Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 20:20; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I made the last sentence make no sense just so I can include a sort of pun.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:04

Including puns at every opportunity is good. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:14

Make the underground and above the Dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:36

Speaking of dungeons: I don't mind whether this game does or doesn't have them. Either way is fine. Unless they're just responding to people whining that the last game didn't have dungeons, and they make them long and meandering. Or with those digging pricks from Skyward Sword.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:59

I would like them to scrap the Shrines, or at least differentiate them visually and make them unique. I would prefer dungeons, but I was fine with the Beasts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 16:55

Bump for updated name. More thoughts later.

Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 17:50

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 AgitatedRevolvingHoneyeater-size_restricted
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 19:08

Or to give it the UK name they didn't want to broadcast, The Legend of Zelda: Queensm's Dead LOL.

It's still early days in terms of what we've seen so I've no idea what to expect from this but it looks as if the sky sections might play a bigger part than what I initially thought they would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next