We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
gjones
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 18:16

Are we doing another Rumble sweepstakes again? I'd be keen if you lot are - no prizes, natch, but it's always a laugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 18:20

Get on it Jay
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 19:14

I'll draw numbers on Sunday afternoon if folks are keen, then! Just post that you're in for it and I'll add you to the pot. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 20:43

I am declaring for the Royal Rumble (sweepstakes).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 21:11

Yeh I'm in as well even though I probably won't be watching the event.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2021 - 20:08

Count me in
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2021 - 23:26

Will Balla know to pop his head in to draw Goldberg and win?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Jan 2021 - 8:40

I miss watching Wrestling . . . I might actually check out the rumble. And then make my third attempt to properly get into NJPW.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Jan 2021 - 12:12

You've also got the other promotions which might be easier for you to watch being in Japan as I hear Kento Miyahara always has a good match in All Japan or some Joshi with likes of Stardom that has had some good matches like last year a time limit draw between Syuri & Giulia.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Jan 2021 - 12:45

Enter me in your sweepstakes too, and go watch AJPW's Toshiaki Kawada Vs Mitsuharu Misawa match from 3rd June 1994
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Jan 2021 - 13:56

Puro connoisseur Cappuccino Kid is in the Rumble, as is Smurf, Mas, Dusty, Buska, Jas and myself.

That's 4 numbers each at least and bugger it, I'll give the Grackler the final two.

Here are your numbers as according to a random number generator I used:

Jay - 3, 4, 12, 23

Mas - 5, 9, 16, 22

Smurf - 10, 13, 20, 26

Jas - 18, 19, 28, 30

Dusty - 1, 6, 7, 24

Buska - 15, 21, 25, 29,

Cappa - 2, 14, 17, 27,

The Grackler - 8, 11

Watch as I end up with Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin, Shelton Benjamin and Tucker.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Jan 2021 - 20:20

I think this could be Tucker's year.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2021 - 22:34

JayMoyles wrote:
Dusty - 1, 6, 7, 24.

Imagine my face when I saw these numbers... now imagine it now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2021 - 22:44

It's mad that the winners of both of yesterdays rumbles are from spots that have only won it two maybe three times?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2021 - 23:06

Two (Shawn Michaels 1995, Chris Benoit 2004) winners from number 1, one (Ric Flair 1992) from number 3.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 19:33

Aye, the Rumble was a quality show all around, wasn't it? It's been ages since I've watched a PPV live and even longer since I've watched one without feeling knackered towards the end of the show, but I was into every match on the card and both Rumbles were top notch as well. Top stuff.

I'm very excited to see where this NJPW/AEW crossover is heading. Seeing Okada on AEW will be amazing, if it ever happens.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 21:04

Meltzer seems to think Okada is coming and got Impact mixed in like FinJuice will be on impact soon.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021 - 21:49

Crying with laughter at Mick Foley's earlier Tweet where we wished The Big Show the best of luck with All Elite Wrestling, only for his autocorrect to change from the @AEW username to that of an SNP MP from Cowdenbeath.

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 Screen10
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 9:05

It's very telling that we’re literally hours away from the start of WrestleMania - and five days into the so-called WrestleMania Week - and yet we've got no chat for what’s supposed to be the biggest show of the year. That's completely understandable given the circumstances though. My interest in wrestling is just about gone in the last year, and the build-up for WresltleMania 37 hasn't helped that at all. I'm sure that's the case for most folk too.

The most intriguing aspect about WrestleMania is having fans back. You’d hope we get big reactions to everything and everybody, it seems that the programming since last March has really lacked that genuine human reaction and excitement. And yet sound doesn't travel well in stadiums, especially in ones that are half-full.

The full card is in that video. On paper, it doesn't look up to much. However, I'd expect many of these matches to exceed my expectations - you'd have to think that the majority of these performers would be really motivated to do the best they can. 

Is anybody arsed about WrestleMania this weekend?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 14:14

Mania is why I'm off at the moment, but I can't be arsed to watch it live especially over two nights. I will watch tonight's whenever I get up tomorrow, then the same on Monday for Night 2.

I like that Bobby v Drew is on first, which should get a decent pop from the audience which is 25k then Sasha v Bianca the main event for Night 1.

Wrestling as whole though I still just watch highlights of AEW Dynamite and NXT (Which I did for stand & deliver) and that’s about it.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 16:04

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Is anybody arsed about WrestleMania this weekend?

I have had this discussion with my wrestling pals. It's the first year since 2006 that I have no interest in the wrasslin' and that's primarily down to the lack of crowds. When I think why I enjoy WWE, it's for moments like the Royal Rumble pops, the storytelling of a Bret/Shawn match, the whole Daniel Bryan angle, The Rock's promos where he has the crowd in the palm of his hand... It's all related to the crowd. My favourite match of all time is The Rock vs Hogan at Mania 18 and that's down to the crowd. Watching wrestling without fans has affected the feel of it all, much more than it has the football in fact. I still see what's going on thanks to Twitter and the Cultaholic YouTube content, but it doesn't sound like I've missed much.

I was really into AEW in its first year but watching them continue to sign WWE people and repeating this whole Tyson thing is really depressing. It felt like an alternative to WWE but now comes across like a modern WCW. Having JR, Schiavone, Tazz and crew doesn't help - it just feels like they are trying to get that Attitude Era fanbase back when many have moved on. When Sting came back I just had that Homer Simpson quote come to mind: "You're living in the past Marge, quit living in the past".

Once the crowds are back, I'll probably start watching again but for now, it feels a bit too "violent panto" for me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyMon 12 Apr 2021 - 17:21

WrestleMania 37 Opinions:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:16

Sounds like they put on quite a good show overall which I did expect to be fair, I'm just a bit done with wrestling now, it's too much effort to watch one night for me, nevermind 4 with the NXT stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:18

Well almost a week after Maria and WWE have released 9 talents including Samoa Joe.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:39

And there's reason number 2 why I'm pretty much done with WWE, Vince is a cunt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread III
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next