We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
gjones
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 15:54

I'm down, as always. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 10:52

Royal Rumble 2020 thoughts:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 20:58

Rumble 2020 Ruminations:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2020 - 12:46

Aye that rumble match was superb just when you think the stuff with Brock was going too far they build it to an exciting pay off, looking back it could've went downhill after a build like that but it just got better and better for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2020 - 16:29

I watch NXT and AEW every week and sometimes bits of NJPW along with highlights of RAW/SD which are about 25mins long.

Did also watch Worlds Collide that very morning of the rumble, as I've got say that was rather boring PPV part from the two rumbles the women due to really not knowing who was next and mens because how it was set up for the winner and that return.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 17:24

Goldberg is coming back to Smackdown this week, probably to build up a match for the next Saudi Arabia event. I think we're all hoping and praying for this dream match:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:04

I'd be incredibly down for that - big hoss fights are a spectacle. I love the NEVER Openweight division in NJPW for that very reason as it usually ends up with two hench lads knocking chunks out of each other.

...but you'll be getting Baron Corbin vs Goldberg.

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 Vince-McMahon-Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:55

Or it'd be a chain wrestling classic like this one. Winky Face

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2td0r
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 22:04

I love JR jumping in with "I don't think we'll be seeing a catch as catch can classic here, folks" only for Show and Kane to start grappling on the mat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Feb 2020 - 11:24

The XFL came back this weekend, which means now's as a good a time as any to watch OSW's XFL Retrospective:

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Feb 2020 - 20:11

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 ER73PGkXsAAhczo?format=jpg&name=small

They also announced that Southpaw Regional Wrestling is come back for a third season in Summer '94 - well excited, much more arsed about that than WrestleMania 36.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 21:35

Anyone catch AEW Revolution? There were a few misses (the Jack Swagger match, the women's match, Cody's horrible tattoo), but there were some of the best moments I've seen in wrestling for a long time. Orange Cassidy is rightfully a sensation, loved that match! MJF continues to be immensely entertaining, Moxley and Jericho put on a clinic and I even found myself enjoying a Young Bucks match despite all of the non-selling. I particularly like that AEW isn't afraid to fill a PPV with singles matches that allow characters to tell a story.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 0:15

AEW Revolution was quality! Agreed on the misses you mentioned - I couldn't get into the Cody match at all due to that absolute bombscare of a tattoo - but the rest of the show was ace. The Young Bucks/Hangman and Omega match was right up my alley and is easily the best match I've seen all year. I watched it with my brother and we were on the edge of our seats for the whole thing. The little tease of Hangman and Omega potentially turning on each other after the match was tremendously tense too.

Orange Cassidy is incredible - such a great character idea. Shout out to the Sammy Guevera and Darby Allin match too. That whole PPV did the job of washing out the miserable taste of that Saudi show WWE put on with that atrocity of a main event.

Still, like Cappa mentioned, all of the above pales in comparison to Southpaw Season 3 being announced. Goldberg? Roman Reigns? Jon Moxley? Chris Jericho? All no-names next to the genius that is Lance Catamaran.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2020 - 14:36

It's almost WrestleMania time with this year's being odd due to lag of fans, lack of build for some matches and being over two nights

This is the card/s and my predictions

Saturday Night

Raw Women's Championship Match: Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler. I'm going for Shayna

WWE Universal Championship Match: ??? vs. Goldberg. It has to be Goldberg

Firefly Funhouse Match: John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt. Bray to get back some momentum.

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins. Kevin to get his moment.

Ladder Match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The New Day vs. The Usos vs. John Morrison and The Miz. This match is a question because of Miz but I'm still going for his team.

Elias vs. King Corbin. Elias with help from Mojo and Gronk

Women's Tag Team Championship Match: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross vs. The Kabuki Warriors. Kabuki Warriors mainly due Asuka being on like all the shows at the moment.

Intercontinental Championship Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Sami Zayn. I want it to be Bryan but it will be Sami.

Sunday Night

WWE Championship Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar. Drew and he will be the first British Champ

Boneyard Match: The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles. Taker, poor AJ

Last Man Standing Match: Edge vs. Randy Orton. EDGE!

SmackDown Women's Championship Match: Naomi vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks. It's Boss Time.

Raw Tag Team Championship Match: The Street Profits vs. Austin Theory and Angel Garza. Zelina and her boys to have all the gold.

NXT Women's Championship Match: Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair. Rhea as passing of the torch moment.

Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley. Why is this a match, anyway Black.

Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler. Dolph because Vince.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 15:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2020 - 13:46

I'll be watching Wrestlemania, but it's going to be bad. The whole "Wrestlemania moment" is negated by the lack of fans.

I agree with pretty much all of your predictions, Mas. But how, HOW, is Tamina still a thing? I also hope AJ Styles wins because Undertaker is now becoming a joke and hurting his legacy (in my opinion, he should have bowed out at Wrestlemania 33 when he lost to Roman Reigns). The streak is long dead, so he's just taking up space on the card.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2020 - 15:00

I’ve not got much interest in this. It’s a decent enough looking card on the whole, but I don’t see anything that I think will stand out ten years from now, from an in-ring perspective anyway. I think it’s badly misguided that this has went ahead and is being prepared for broadcast too – nobody’s arsed, nobody’s in the mood for sports, and nobody’s there.

Looking at the matches you’ve listed, there’s five matches where I’d echo your thoughts on Aleistar Black Vs. Bobby Lashley: “why is this a match?”. Fair enough if there was a crowd to cool down between the main attractions, but in this case, you don’t need them. Stripped back of all the fluff, this was a card big enough for one night.

My thoughts: I’m really hoping Drew McIntyre won, I think he’s got the lot. I liked that Undertaker promo on RAW , I found it quite interesting, but I’ve got no clue as to what a Boneyard Match is. Edge was one of my favourites in the past, and I think he’ll do well with Randy Orton. I like Goldberg – I appreciate that he comes across as a bit of a fanny in real life, but he’s magic in WWE. Hope he beat his new mystery opponent. Struggling to must up much enthusiasm for the rest of it though.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2020 - 17:21

I guess they're doing what makes them the most money but it's weird thinking of any PPV being done behind closed doors, let alone Wrestlemania!

Tell you what I'd have liked, ditch the WWE official shows and bring on Southpaw Regional Wrestling shows, perhaps those could genuinely work without a proper crowd and in moderation. Then again, I'm not sure contact sports are such a good idea right now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2020 - 17:34

Least two matches won't be in a normal environment, which could be a good thing Final Deletion or bad House of Horrors. I'm looking forward to it even a so-so card for the curiosity.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 17:48

"Football is nothing without fans " - Jock Stein

I've always seen wrestling the same way as well so I think I'll probably just watch the matches that interest me rather than all of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 19:17

Two more matches have been added Gulak v Cesaro tonight it seems then tomorrow Liv v Nattie
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 21:10

I ended up really enjoying the first night of Wrestlemania. There were some duffers in there - Becky Lynch's match was surprisingly dull, and Goldberg/Strowman felt pointless - but the highlights were well worth my time. The triple threat ladder match was quality and the cherry on top was, of course, the Boneyard match. Cheesy? Absolutely. Entertaining? Most definitely.

I'm now cautiously excited for Night 2 as it seems to be the stronger card on paper, minus the likes of Lashley/Black and that Raw tag team match. I'm hoping for a similar stench of cheese from the Cena/Wyatt Funhouse match.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 22:01

Yeah I agree with you Jay, and I also enjoyed the Corbin/Elias match which I never thought I'd say (or type). The Boneyard match was brilliant nonsense and was made all the more ridiculous with how they mixed reality (Mark, his wife, his relevance) with the cartoonish origins of The Undertaker (the graveyard, teleporting, the ability to summon fire). I would happily see more of these "Matt Hardy-esque" segments as while it was clearly still WWE, it didn't half look real when they were punching each other!

I really don't want to stay up until 4am again, but it may just be worth it! I also watched the Drew McIntyre documentary which was really good - felt for him when he was stuck in Scotland not knowing if Mania was going ahead.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 12:45

Wrestlemania opinions:
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 17:03

Wrestlemania thoughts:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 15:48

Stay At Home.

Protect The NHS.

Saves Lives.

Watch No Way Jose Vs. Bobby Lashley.

That the state of Florida’s Governor has deemed WWE “an essential service” when there’s a state-wide stay-at-home order is just grim. That’ll end in tragedy.

On another note, there’s lots of rumours going around that the WWE 2K21 computer game is to be cancelled. While I hope this doesn’t lead to any job losses, this could be a huge positive for the series. Although, truthfully, I’d rather see the series end: it’s been utterly miserable to play for years, just totally lacking in enjoyment and fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread III
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next