We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
gjones
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2021 - 8:35

I used to be a bit gutted for any wrestler when they were released by WWE, especially back in the days where the only option was to go lose to Jeff Jarrett on those weekly TNA PPVs. Yet these days there's so many great possibilities for some of the names that have released here. There'll be a couple of them that'll have the whole in indy wrestling in the palm on their hand, and I'm certain that others will wind up full-time in Mexico, Japan or in another North American promotion. 

Also what treesmurf said.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 19:04

Didn't know where else to stick this, so it might as well go here. WWE Battlegrounds is coming to Playstation Plus next Tuesday, anyone interested in having a fuck around with it online at some point?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 13:22

Being the wresting thread, the obvious place for you to stick it is straight up your candy ass.

I don’t have PS Plus, but I recommend youse get a few games of WWE 2K Battlegrounds in. I finished it earlier this year and I thought it was all right. It’s a pretty daft game that’s mostly played for laughs, and together I think you’d get enough entertainment out of both it’s good qualities and it’s bad ones.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jul 2021 - 9:39

I'd play, might as well give it a go and it looks daft enough to be fun at least once.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:45

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I don’t have PS Plus, but I recommend youse get a few games of WWE 2K Battlegrounds in. I finished it earlier this year and I thought it was all right. It’s a pretty daft game that’s mostly played for laughs, and together I think you’d get enough entertainment out of both it’s good qualities and it’s bad ones.

Me, Jas and Dusty gave this a bash the other night - it's alright, but I definitely can't see me getting more than one more session out of it as it felt like we'd seen everything the game had to offer after a wee while. Not bad for a freebie, mind you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptySat 4 Sep 2021 - 12:51

Anyone been watching the wrasslin'? I've not, but did see the CM Punk return which was really well done. Might have to give AEW another go now the crowds are back.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptySat 4 Sep 2021 - 12:56

Not really but CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk! that am watching All Out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 17:05

I've actually been trying to keep up with AEW since CM Punk came back and I've been really enjoying it. Their weekly show has been a fun and breezy watch each week and knowing that I don't need to set aside 4+ hours every single month to keep up with the PPVs is a god-send. I find their structure to be a lot more palatable than WWE's.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 18:32

I actually ended up buying All out on psn the following day in the end and yeah it was pretty damn good, though I do think with all the recent hype surrounding AEW folk are on such a high they can't see the weaker points of the product.

EDIT: also I've not kept up with NWA power but I saw this the other day on twitter.

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 E-47tByXoAIXf37

Trevor Murdoch is no longer an OSW boy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 21:31

Oh aye, it's not a perfect show by any stretch of the imagination - the women on the roster are booked horrendously for the most part, for one - but I've been enjoying the bulk of the show so I'll stick with it for a while, I'd say.

Also christ above, if that's not a indictment on the state of the NWA these days I don't know what is. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 19:23

Yeah the women's roster on AEW is its weakest part, maybe with Soho and Statlander getting time will be pushed better, but none seem to be on the same level as Britt. This is very much well, I would like to see the forbidden door opened.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:00

They've got a good roster, but nobody seems to get regular TV time outside of Britt. Shida wasn't on Dynamite for four months straight after she dropped the belt, which is mental.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:44

Maybe to me it doesn't seem a good roster as I don't know who X is because not be built up in anyway.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyTue 9 Nov 2021 - 22:20

WWE fired another collection of wrestlers over the past week. Some of those names ultimately didn't surprise me, but one that I did find particularly shocking was Keith Lee. I've not watched a lot of WWE over the last couple of years - I've mainly watched AEW for my wrestling fix - but I remember watching the Royal Rumble in 2020 and seeing Keith Lee square off against Lesnar and thinking that he was going to be a big name for them. How they ended up squandering him, I'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 10:35

I've not watched a WWE show in what feels like about 4 years now. I still see the occasional bit of news about it, although that's typically to do with them firing somebody.

AEW isn't a product I've kept up with particularly, I think I've seen one episode of Dynamite and a few of their Dark shows (AEW Dark is just squash after squash, it's not really worth watching imo). From what I hear about it, I'm glad that a lot of people really get to shine there. I never got to see Punk in his prime so having him, Moxley, Bryant, and Miro there, alongside a load of stars I've never really seen like the Bucks and Omega. Yeah, that's pretty dope.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 12:08

I haven't really watched Wrestling since I moved to Japan, apart from when I hit up Wrestle Kingdom. Watching it alone doesn't do it for me, so I doubt I'll get back into WWE or AEW without a group of local pals. That said there are many more opportunities to see good live stuff than there were in the UK, so once the 'rona calms down a bit I think I'll get stuck into all that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 13:23

Seeing how WWE keeping squandering the likes of Keith Lee (and Rusev, and Aleister Black, and Andrade Cien Almas, and Shinsuke Nakamura, and The Hurt Business, and…) makes it virtually impossible to get excited about anything in that company anymore. Why bother your arse investing in any of these characters or their matches? You know they could just get dropped or canned at any point during these seemingly non-stop releases.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 16:36

I don't understand why WWE spends all that time and money developing talent, building them up only to completely shit the bed once they get over. I didn't even bother with Wrestlemania this year and similar to Buska, I can't see myself getting back into WWE.

I enjoyed a bit of AEW with Punk and Bryan's returns, but I really wish it was shown on the night it happened. Chucking it on ITV4 at 11 pm on a Friday, two days after you've seen any spoilers or results online completely saps the joy out of Dynamite. Is there actually a place to watch AEW's weekly show live (like Raw on Sky Sports)?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 17:20

I know EofGiz and CW have Fite to watch AEW, and I'll be watching the PPV this weekend.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 18:04

God bless the cinch.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptySat 22 Jan 2022 - 8:35

I require context. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptySat 22 Jan 2022 - 12:18

Matt Hardy battered Livi's manager down at Almondvale Shopping Centre and they've been feuding since.

Also, this is only the second greatest Scottish football and wrestling crossover as it doesn't trump that video of Bret Hart calling Kilmarnock the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 21:28

Royal Rumble chat:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 13:06

I think that was the worst men's Rumble since that woeful one in 2015 with the Big Show and Kane slowly chucking out all your favourites so Roman Reigns could beat them both in the end. Zero star power besides AJ Styles for a huge chunk of the Rumble and a crap ending. Just felt draining to watch.

The women's Rumble wasn't much better either. I normally enjoy the Rumble a lot, but christ, it was bad.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 13:54

Glad I skipped out on it this year! The rumble is normally a treat but I don't think I've watched one since they started having both a mens and womens rumble. How have the rumbles been since they started doing two?

I kind of feel like they'd be better having 1 rumble in the traditional slot, and another later in the year, but it's awkward because the Rumble is such a big part of the Mania build up. But again that's kind of it as traditionally the show was booked around this special match that leads to a big payoff. Having two in one show kind of dilutes it?

Also in no universe should Alicia Fox or Summer Rae be referred to as legends, that's properly taking the piss!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread III
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next