We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
gjones
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:39

Aye, it's rotten that WWE (Vince) are hiding behind the TV networks saying they are holding them to the contracts that say they need to produce live weekly shows as surely due to the unprecedented circumstances they could renegotiate that contract? Even though it'd still be a risk it is utter madness they aren't just pre-recording episodes in bulk instead.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 1:32

We're in the post-modern kayfabe era
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 21:38

That's one of those moments where you are absolutely sure you are dreaming.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 2:12

WWE chopped a sizeable chunk of their roster last week, which was a real shame to see and really unfortunate considering the current climate means a lot of those wrestlers don't have much hope of being hired anytime soon. I think some of them will land on their feet somewhere eventually - Rusev, Gallows and Anderson all come to my mind - but man, rough times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:36

Six months ago, you'd have probably been quite chuffed for Gallows and Anderson, Rusev and others getting out of their WWE contracts - the free agency was booming, and there seemed to be loads of places to work. Now, it's a real shame, and unfortunate. That's the most diplomatic way you can put it.

~

WWE on BT Sport's Twitter page is about to hold a World Cup of WWE theme songs:

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EWIZNoUWoAAqtTZ?format=jpg&name=360x360

Group A is this picture's Groups of Death. Broken Dreams pisses over the other three from an almighty height. I could quite happily go the rest of my life without hearing the DX theme again, but the other three are belters. Cult of Personality and Stone Cold's theme from Group D.

Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EWIZOrxXQAUAlL1?format=jpg&name=360x360

Obviously, Batista's theme from Group E. Group F is BRUTAL. If it's Hollywood Rock theme, then that. Otherwise, Shinsuke Nakamura's theme edges it. Burn In My Light was always shite, and Here Comes The Money is just a meme these days. Probably Evolution and Edge from Group H.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 21:05

A: I voted HBK. It still bangs. Undertaker's is a classic, of course, but it's not something I would listen to outside of his entrance.
B: Drew obv.
C: My Time is one of my favourite WWE themes, so much better than the Motorhead years.
D: Real Man's Man lol - a funny track but nothing touches Stone Cold. It's been my ringtone for the past 4 years.
E: Christian all day, love that track. I like Batista's but it lacks something without Dave's machine gun actions.
F: Has to be Naka.
G: The Brood is the best theme not used by D Lo Brown.
H: Between Sasha and Evolution for me, I'll go with Evo.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 21:13

So is it just one song through per group? If so that makes group E really tough for me as I both love Batista's I walk alone and Kane's Slow Chemical.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 21:22

I'd say:
A) Undertaker - Some good ones in this group but it's just too epic not to make it past the first round.
B) Undisputed Era - Drew's theme is great but I'm too much of a UE mark not to pick it.
C) Triple H - My Time is such a banger
D) CM Pink - Cult of personality tied in so well with his character at the time and is a great song in its own right.
E) Batista - The part of his return I was most excited about was hearing his music again.
F) Nakamura - I'd even choose his new version over the others, it's that good.
G) The Brood - If I'm remembering it right, it had the weird whisper at the beginning right?
H) Edge - All day, that Rumble reaction alone was good enough to win it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 2:55

I think it's two per group according to their Twitter to emulate the actual World Cup, so that makes things easier to decide.

A) HBK should top that with Taker's theme also getting through to the Round of 16.
B) Drew stomps the competition. UE's theme gets through on account of the other two being shite.
C) My Time to win, with Vince coming through in second.
D) Cult of Personality in 1st, Austin in 2nd.
E) Ooft, rough group! I'd like Slow Chemical to win with Batista also getting through.
F) Nakamura to win, Glorious in second.
G) The Brood's theme is an all-time banger. Easy win there. Shane squeaks through in 2nd.
H) Edge in first, Evolution in second.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 19:02

2K21 has been cancelled and on Monday 2K will share info on a different game.

I watched Impact this week as they have the made Rebellion PPV a two-night weekly show instead, the main event was Ken Shamrock v Sami Callihan in sort of cinematic match which was fine but the best match was Ace Austin v Willie Mack for the X-Division belt.

Next week was meant to have Tessa Blanchard v Eddie Edwards v Michael Elgin for the World Title but both Tessa and Eddie are stuck at home that I don't know if Tessa will have to vacant the belt and will get a different match or what, but hey it's made next week intriguing to watch now.

On the songs
A HBK and Taker
B UE bay bay and Drew
C NWO 4 LIFE and HHH
D CM Punk and Stone Cold

E Big Dave and Christian
F Glorious and Shin
G Shane and Brood
H It's Boss Time and EDGE
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 19:54

Here's my picks for the songs.

A: HBK & Undertaker
B: McIntyre & Lita
C: Triple H & Vince
D: CM punk & Stone cold

E: Kane & Batista
F: Nakamura & Kurt Angle - which is purely because of the "You suck" chant the fans added to it.
G: Brood & Shane
H: Edge & Evolution
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 17:43

2K announced a brand new WWE game called WWE 2K Battlegrounds, which is an arcadey brawler from the makers of NBA Playgrounds:

I'll basically take anything that isn't what they've been releasing since 2012. However, if this is structured like NBA Playgrounds 2 was, then I'm not interested in the slightest. That game was butchered by 99% of it being locked behind micro-transactions, and a virtual currency that was nearly impossible to accumulate. They ruined it by being greedy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 20:33

Yeah I thought the first NBA playgrounds was decent but definitely agreed on the second being absolutely rotten with their microtransactions. Also not sure they have nailed a good caricature style at all in fact most of them just look like they have dwarfism.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:20

I wouldn't hold your breath on it being micro-transaction free - any recent 2K sports game is addled with them. Those character models are horrific too, ooft!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:49

NBA 2K20 literally has a slot machine in it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 16:01

Some really disappointing and sickening news coming out of the wrestling community as of late with the #SpeakingOut movement. It seems to be focused around the British wrestling scene for the most part too and it's highlighted that there's some real scumbags in the wrestling scene today - the likes of Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Ryan, Wolfgang, Joe Coffey, Jordan Devlin to name but a few have been implicated in some really horrific sexual abuse allegations. I'd recommend checking out the hashtag on Twitter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 13:30

On a lighter not this Saturday is Slammiversary and Impact have teased almost every free agent under the sun to be at this event

The card looks like this

Vacant Impact World Title Match Ace Austin vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Trey vs. TBA, I'm thinking Ace or TBA

Knockout Title Jordynne Grace (c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo, I'm going for Grace

X Division Title Willie Mack (c) vs. Chris Bey, Mack for me

Gauntlet Match for Number 1 Contender for KO Title Alisha Edwards vs. Havok vs. Kiera Hogan vs. Kimber Lee vs. Kylie Rae vs. Nevaeh vs. Madison Rayne vs. Rosemary vs. Susie vs. Tasha Steelz vs. Taya Valkyrie, for me this is Kylei Rae

Tag Title The North (c) vs. Ken Shamrock and Sami Callihan, Ken and Sami for me

TNA World Title Moose (c) vs. Tommy Dreamer in an old schools rules match, Moose Moose Moose

Tag Match The Rascalz vs. TBA, I'm going TBA as I think it will be Gallows and Anderson
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 17:49

I think the World Title TBA is almost definitely EC3 and the tag title TBA has to be Gallows and Anderson.
More importantly, when are the Good Brothers turning up in NJPW again?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 18:09

It's either EC3 or EY, I would think

Also confirmed the good brothers have signed so very likely they're the TBA team but they've kinda spoiled that though if them
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Jul 2020 - 16:04

I just finished watching Slammiversary and got some thoughts

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 19:16

Summerslam is on tonight, traditionally one of my favourite WWE PPVs. Thing is though, that my interest in wrestling has never been lower, and it's only the Drew McIntyre Vs. Randy Orton match that takes my interest. The Thunderdome took my interest last week, but the novelty wore off pretty quickly, and the artificial crowd noise backed with motionless and emotionless faces in the audience make SmackDown even more lifeless than it was when they were filming at the Performance Centre.

Anyway, anybody watching Summerslam?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 19:18

I'll watch highlights tomorrow, I'm interested in the women's title picture and Drew v RKO that's about it though
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2020 - 22:47

I've lost all interest in wrestling in the lockdown era, to be honest. It's made me realise how important a role the crowd plays in my enjoyment of a show. It was a novelty seeing promos in front of a silent room at first, but now it's just sad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 9:34

That's my biggest issue with Impact as they have no audience what so ever, where AEW do have some sort of crowd.

I've not watched much Japanese wrestling but I believe they've got general public now but limited seats
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 20:45

AEW definitely seems to have one of the better setups so I may end up checking out All Out II when it's on. NJPW is a weird one as they've got fans in but they're not allowed to cheer or chant and if you've ever watched a NJPW show, that definitely takes away something from the ending of the big matches. Japanese crowds are renowned for starting off polite and reserved, only really applauding and occasionally chanting but the fever pitch they reach during the final moments of a match really gets you into the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread III   Wrestling Discussion Thread III - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread III
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next