We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 3:00

Apparently a WWE Championship match between John Cena and Daniel Bryan will headline next month's Money in the Bank PPV.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 17:13

Heard that too. Reckon they'll give him the title?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 18:40

I honestly doubt it, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 0:07

If Ryback doesn't win the ambulance match (which he won't) he's going to look really stupid coming to the ring in an ambulance every week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 1:04

If Ryback were to beat John Cena at Payback later this month, I'm sure sales of Cena's 'The Champ Is Here' t-shirt would decline massively. Ryback winning the championship is just not for happening.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 16:12

I'm sure WWE could rush out a new shirt, or Cena could cut a promo reassuring everyone that the belt won't be away from him for long. I think Ryback should win Three Stages Of Hell, it really makes his character look bad if after the heel turn he still can't win the WWE Championship. Don't know where he goes if he loses...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 21:07

Yeah, I agree. It'd really harm his legitimacy if he doesn't come away from Payback with the title.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 23:36

No harm in Cena winning it back soon after, lots of harm if Ryback doesn't win it at all.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 16:43

Predictions for Payback then lads?

WWE Championship Three Stages of Hell

John Cena (c) vs. Ryback - Ryback

World Heavyweight Championship

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio - Dolph Ziggler

WWE Tag Team Championship

The Shield (c) vs. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan - The Shield, with Orton heel turn leading to a Bryan/Orton match at MitB.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz vs. Curtis Axel - Axel if he shows up, otherwise The Miz.

WWE United States Championship

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kane - Dean Ambrose

WWE Divas Championship

Kaitlyn (c) vs. AJ Lee - AJ Lee

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk - Curtis Axel, but god I hope Punk shows up, and if he does, Punk.

Preshow: Damien Sandow vs Sheamus - Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 2:49

The only two matches I'm really intrigued by are Three Stages of Hell, and Chris Jericho VS CM Punk (he will show up by the way. It would be some real WCW heat if he wasn't there in his hometown, WWE aren't stupid enough to advertise him when they know he won't be there). I see some kind of scenario where Punk loses, and blames Paul Heyman for bringing him back earlier than Punk wanted. Which will lead to Heyman and Punk splitting, and give a set-up for the talked about match between Punk and Brock Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 3:51

Honestly, the only reason I thought he might not show is before they'd booked Curtis Axel into this Intercontinental title match. Now, not so sure.

Been hearing rumours that WWE, in the most stupid move of the year so far, is planning to turn Daniel Bryan heel this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 10:40

That's the way I've viewed it, especially the way he is saying he's the weak link & demanding respect (a heels persona) but aye they should pull the trigger on a face turn & create another top crowd pleaser which I think is needed.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 23:59

The commentary team seem to be hinting at Bryan being a heel too with Cole and King criticising his attitude and JBL loving it, either way though he'll still be as popular with the crowd as he is now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 0:11

There's no way he can be a heel and be that unanimously popular. Maybe he's meant to be an in-between role, like Stone Cold?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 0:23

Anyone else enjoy that PPV as much as me? All the matches were of a high quality leading up to the main even which was sadly a bit predictable. (Apart from the winner of the first fall, natch)

My favourite match was ADR vs Ziggler, it really was great to see a real mean streak from ADR he needs to be like that more often.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 0:36

I actually thought, discounting the main event, the most disappointing matches of the night were The Shield matches. And those were still great, so that says something about the overall quality of the PPV.

I really didn't see the ADR/Ziggler match coming, that was surprising.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 20:17

That Raw guys. That Raw was amazing.

Also:

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 0:38

Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 20:38

Swagger's been found guilty in his DUI trial.

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 Tumblr_m1aqc0nGUF1ql499io1_250
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 21:05

This no doubt why they attached Zeb to Cesaro so they could keep the political angle going.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 11:22

I've not posted here in a while, but anyway both WWE and TNA seem to be okay at them moment.

I want to talk about something i was watching wrestletalk a few weeks ago and they were talking about how theirs no draft any more in WWE and seeing there isn't what would your draft picks be if you could draft between WWE & TNA (maybe ROH for some), the three of them did there picks.

I'm just wondering who's ours would be, personally my three from each

I would send from WWE to TNA

CM Punk , Danial Bryan just to see this two wrestle likes of A double, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Daniels. My 3rd pick I don't like him but just for the money reasons John Cena.

I would send from TNA to WWE
Austin Aries, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles as i reckon all could put on great match's with likes of Punk plus Angle v Lesner Two at Mania wopuld be great.

Also a bonus of The Icon Sting to WWE to wrestle The Phenom The Undertaker at Mania, it might not be the best match but just for the historic reasons. And all the knockouts to the Diva Division as it sucks.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 0:13

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 20130626_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_WHW-champ_C-homepage

JOBBER LADDER MATCH~!

And not just jobbers, but heel jobbers. This defies all sorts of logic, surely? Irrespective of the talent of the likes of Cesaro and Barrett, most of these guys are so dead and buried that they'll likely never be accepted as anything other than what they've gradually become: losers. Might as well bung Ryback in there too - he gave up on RAW after The Fucking Miz booted him in the leg! The Miz!!

Dean Ambrose might have a slight chance of success in the future, but I can't foresee anything other than a babyface turn and short comedy matches on Superstars for Fandango this year. Still, I remember the days of Jack Swagger losing handily to Santino Marella, only to win MitB the next month. Someone's got to win the title match, I suppose. Heels, though. Could they not have booked Sin Cara or Evan Bourne or another good guy for the match too?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 0:26

No idea what on earth they're doing with Ryback right now. Trying to make him into the next Big Show-style whining monster heel?

It's bizarre - both MITB matches are either filled with all faces or all heels. Think it's a little unfair to call these guys jobbers - guys like Zack Ryder and The Great Khali are jobbers. I reckon all of those guys barring Fandango, Swagger (his run must be over, right? Cesaro seems to be excelling as Zeb's new muscle) and possibly Barrett have a real chance of success.

Predictions... I can see either Barrett or Cesaro taking this, with Ambrose and Rhodes as dark horses. The former pair must have dropped their midcard titles for a reason, Rhodes is too talented to languish in the midcard for much longer and Ambrose will almost certainly be a main eventer one day, the question is whether or not it's the time to pull the trigger or not.

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 20130621_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_7man_homepage

Predictions for this one? RVD and Kane will be in the match for a couple of big spots, Punk will get taken out by Lesnar interference, can't see Christian or Sheamus winning... Orton and Bryan seem like the only two who can possibly take it in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 4:12

Bryan all day for the wwe MiTB, he's the one with most crowd momentum behind him even though they're looking to make him heel for some reason.
Oh I'd also argue that we only have 4 definite faces in there which are Christian, Sheamus, Orton & RVD then Punk is still technically heel by association with Heyman & Kane/Bryan are in a weird limbo week in & week out.

As for the WHC MiTB match I see Cesaro taking it as he can generate good heat with Zeb in his corner, though if anyone needs it the most its definitely Rhodes as ye don't want him ending up languishing in the mid card forever.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 10:32

WWE Title Match:
-John Cena (c) vs. Mark Henry I'm going Cena but with a Cash In

World Title Match:
-Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler I'm going Ziggy

WWE Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
-CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Randy Orton vs. Kane vs. Christian vs. Sheamus , Has to be Bryan whom they will cash in after Henry WSS Cena after the match

World Title MITB Ladder Match, For me has to be Wade, if he ever is going to have a push has to be now.

also 7 participants seems a weird number surely 6 or 8 would of been better

there's a few other match's but don't no if anyone really cares.

Am I'm only the only one thinking the AJ as diva champ storyline is a great time to bring someone back like kharma or lita

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next