We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 15:01

The_Jaster wrote:

Oh I'd also argue that we only have 4 definite faces in there which are Christian, Sheamus, Orton & RVD then Punk is still technically heel by association with Heyman & Kane/Bryan are in a weird limbo week in & week out.

I guess you could say Punk is a tweener, but Kane and D-Bry are still surely faces? And we don't know if RVD will debut as a heel or a face - him coming out with Paul Heyman would surely mean heel RVD?

Masofdas - I reckon AJ will be facing some NXT Divas soon - Paige is surely ready for a call-up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 0:11

It definitely seems like an all heel and all face affair, although Fandango was on the verge of turning face before the concusion I think as well as any of Bryan, Kane and Orton potentially turning heel, my money is on Bryan turning heel, winner wise I think it might be Orton's time. The winner of the WHC match is anyone's guess though, Ambrose is the only one I can see winning at this moment in time but I don't think he actually will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 0:26

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Oh I'd also argue that we only have 4 definite faces in there which are Christian, Sheamus, Orton & RVD then Punk is still technically heel by association with Heyman & Kane/Bryan are in a weird limbo week in & week out.

I guess you could say Punk is a tweener, but Kane and D-Bry are still surely faces? And we don't know if RVD will debut as a heel or a face - him coming out with Paul Heyman would surely mean heel RVD?

Masofdas - I reckon AJ will be facing some NXT Divas soon - Paige is surely ready for a call-up.

I was thinking an RVD/Heyman reunion could happen but when they've been showing the RVD highlight reel to the live raw crowds its been nothing but loud cheers, so I think it'd be difficult to debut him as a heel.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2013 - 9:46

I'll always remember this date and the year for personal reasons, but I'll also never forget staying up for the most pedestrian episode of RAW to that point...then seeing this happen. I was gobsmacked.

Eight years ago already! Such an exciting summer in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2013 - 9:58

Ahhh I remember that! Brilliant stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2013 - 14:19

Led to that hilarious match at SummerSlam where Michaels acted like every punch from Hogan was like a bullet to the head, right?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 6 Jul 2013 - 0:55

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 10:01

So I just finished watching RAW - the highlight without a doubt was the Wyatt Family debut with an excellent promo leading into their entrance, which gave me goosebumps bit of a shame that some folk had to try and ruin it with Husky Harris chants.

Also I totally didn't expect Kane to be their target but it makes perfect sense when you think about it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 10:13

I don't get the hype around The Wyatt Family. Don't get me wrong, the entrance was original and it's a fantastic repackage effort, but as the audience rightly noted it's still just Husky Harris. They'll be losing to Randy Orton and the rest by the end of the summer. I don't see where this can go, particularly as it's so soon after The Shield.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 10:35

Bray Wyatt is nothing like Husky Harris at all, for one he's already spoken more as Bray than he ever did as Harris.

Also from his NXT matches his whole in ring style/persona is totally different, I think if handled right he can be a massive main event player in the future.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 18:01

Wonder if Kane will be out of the MITB match now with an "injury" after that? Brilliant debut - I had proper chills when they transitioned from the vignette to their entrance. I still reckon they should have had Bray cut a promo - his mic work is one of the huge parts of the gimmick.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 13:26

Hmm he could be but who would replace him? Especially if they still want to call it the All star MiTB match.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 16:51

They either leave him out, or give the spot to whoever wins out of Ryback and Jericho, we need a reason to care about that match.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 19:36

I agree with dusty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 22:43

Dusty Knackers wrote:
They either leave him out, or give the spot to whoever wins out of Ryback and Jericho, we need a reason to care about that match.

Can't believe I didn't think about the latter. Makes so much damn sense. Duh! 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 22:49

Just found out in the cricket thread that this is fake
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 23:53

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 Its-still-real-to-me-dammit
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 0:42

Phillips wrote:
Just found out in the cricket thread that this is fake
After all that match fixing malarkey it's less fake than cricket.

I wasn't all that excited about the Wyatt Family debut, it just seemed a bit too dragged out not only over the last few weeks but even over the space of that one show and I'm unsure where they're gonna go with them too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 21:02

Kane's officially out of MitB.

The suggestions for who to replace him in that WWE.com article are horrid. I reckon Dusty's prediction will ring true.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 1:02

It can't be anyone but Bray Wyatt, in my opinion. It's just about explainable storyline-wise, and there's no chance WWE will wheel in anyone who's a bigger star than RVD. Nobody's going to steal RVD's thunder, not in Philadelphia, and WWE surely won't risk that.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 2:17

JayMoyles wrote:
Kane's officially out of MitB.

The suggestions for who to replace him in that WWE.com article are horrid. I reckon Dusty's prediction will ring true.

I think WWE.com have hit the nail on the head, it'll be Hulk Hogan
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 4:54

Can any, or all of you, the fans of 'wrestling', please explain to me why you like it? I for the life of me don't get it at all. Forget the fact that it is clearly big bloke ballet and scripted within an inch of its life, but more importanty, the 'characters' are just so horribly stupid and not in the slightest bit entertaining. Knowing it is a sweaty soap opera, what is the atttraction? Just looking at the 'fans' during an advertisement for it makes me cringe, as it is below base levels of human endeavour when it is clear they do believe it is real.

Sorry for any offence given here, but it is impossible to express a view without it.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 10:13

I don't really know to be honest oldschool, I don't think any of us are below base levels of human endeavor.

I kinda grew up on wrestling where the characters were larger then live and just continued watching. my opinion on wrestlers etc have changed as i used to like the silly ones but now huge fan of CM Punk etc who can wrestle and is brilliant performer. When watching a show on TV i record and fast forward it to watch the match's i really want to watch with wrestlers whom can actually perform and skilled at there art.

I feel the same as you with people whom watch the stuff like TOWIE, jersey shore as it's suppose to be real but is clearly fake with idiots going out partying getting drunk etc but i know lots of people seem to watch it all the time and go to clubs when they have a "STAR" from one of these shows there.

I don't know if you have seen the film the wrestler, even if your not a wrestling fan worth a watch. Even it's Hollywood you might understand about wrestling a bit more.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 11:39

Ive also been watching it since a I was a kid and back then it mattered who won & lost but now I purely love it for the technical aspect of the matches & how those manage to tell a story (not every match achieves this) and apart from that I don't really know what to say.

A documentary that may explain it better is Beyond the Mat.

(Side note: Oh also those "fans" make me cringe too )
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 11:58

masofdas wrote:
I don't really know to be honest oldschool, I don't think any of us are below base levels of human endeavor.

I feel the same as you with people whom watch the stuff like TOWIE, jersey shore as it's suppose to be real but is clearly fake with idiots going out partying getting drunk etc but i know lots of people seem to watch it all the time and go to clubs when they have a "STAR" from one of these shows there.

Don't get me wrong, as I hate virtually any form of 'reality' television, which is anything but reality.  Jersey Shore and the Essex ones appear to be the amongst the worst.  Just watching The Soup stuns me with all the crap that fills American television channels.  The fans of those shows aren't exactly my favourite people either.  It isn't that I am a culture snob, as I can enjoy 'stupid' television, but wrestling is just one that is just beyond my comprehension.

Last edited by oldschool on Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 13:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next