We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyMon 7 Jan 2019 - 14:35

Remember Me is a great game, you should stick with it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyWed 9 Jan 2019 - 22:25

I played a fair bit of Remember Me on PC - no idea why I didn't finish it! I remember it (har har) being rather good, so it's one I'll need to keep an eye out for rebuying on PS3 someday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:59

I've finally got round to having a go at Super Mario Bros. on the Switch - it is a tradition to play it wherever it can be played. This time however, in the midst of watching the most recent Awesome Games Done Quick, I thought I'd have a go at my own speedrun. I'm pretty good at The Marios; I should give it a go!

The world record is 4 minutes and 55 seconds.

My time was: 7 minutes and 50 seconds. Crying or Very sad
It turns out real speed runners don't stop and get a safety mushroom. Or lose two of their three lives along the way. Or carefully step up the gappy stairs on World 8.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 22:34

That is far better than most of us could manage, I'd bet!

If you get the chance, look up Summoning Salt's videos on the SMB speedrun - really engaging and absolutely worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptySat 9 Feb 2019 - 11:32

Summoning Salt is great!

Oooh, I reckon I could see you for that Speedrun though Jimmers . . . how are you timing yourself?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptySat 9 Feb 2019 - 14:19

Aye, being 3 minutes off a World record is incredible tbh plus you know the mistakes you're making so know it can be improved on.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 20:57

Drunkalilly wrote:
Summoning Salt is great!

Oooh, I reckon I could see you for that Speedrun though Jimmers . . . how are you timing yourself?

The awesome power of the stopwatch function on my phone's clock app. It wasn't a serious attempt in all honesty!

And I could probably cut out a minute and a half it I didn't die / stop. I know that, from Mr. Salt's videos, they do that trick in 4-2 to get the game confused as to whether you go down the pipe or up the beanstalk, and that isn't going to happen, so I'll keep my 7:50 for a bit.

I do enjoy AGDQ, but I don't get Speedrunners' paradoxical patience/impatience. E.g. you can do Final Fantasy VII in about 7 hours without breaking it beyond recognition - how does one practice something enough to get the time down to 7 hours?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 23:00

If you see the number of runs on a speedrunner's video, it's literally thousands of tries. From what I know, these guys don't play anything except the game they're running at that time. A lot of them stream it and try an earn a living doing it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 20:54

River City Ransom
I know there are examples of the "lefty-righty puncher" that people always place in the Classics box (Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Double Dragon), however I've always found that sort of thing to feel a bit limited - I don't get it.

River City Ransom I loved. This genre of game is silly, and I'm pleased that, back in the days of the NES, Technos realised this and made this gem. It was bloody easy (I wouldn't feel so positive about it if I spent £40 of 1990 money on Street Gangs) and the boss system is illogical, but the wacky reaction of the gangs made this a treat. No BARF! from me! I score it 7/8.5
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 21:13

River City Ransom is awesome. Levelling up your lad by eating good food and reading books to punch out bullies - that's wholesome fun.

The Scott Pilgrim vs. The World game that launched around the time of the movie about 8 year ago or so is effectively a spiritual successor to RCR. It's a crying shame that Ubisoft had to delist that game from online stores for licensing issues. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 21:15

I tried redownloading Scott Pilgrim on my PS3, I picked up recently but nope can't even do that now.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 10:52

I still have it installed on my PS3 for that reason! It's a brilliant beat em up, probably my favourite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 10:50

I've been using my Wii a lot lately as my GameCube due to the HDMI cable and even picked up Power Rangers Samurai recently in a GAME clearance bin for it. Then last night a guy on Facebook that I've bought a few things off in the past, listed a bunch of retro games with some Wii games taking my interest.

Originally I only wanted a few of the games, he wanted to sell in a bundle that I couldn't really afford plus I'm not sure what I would do with two Wii's, 4 Wiimote's, 3 Classic controllers etc. This was the same for a few others, and someone did beat me to a bundle of games that had one game I really wanted (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) in it but I did take the rest that I'm getting

Batman Brave & the Bold, Zack & Wiki, Trauma Center, SM Galaxy, Red Steel, Madworld, Nights, Mario Strikers, No More Heroes, Bomberman, Bully, Ghost Squad, HOTD Overkill, Goldeneye with Gold Controller

Beyond Zelda and Last Story, my experience with the Wii isn't that great and even though I've got a big GameCube collection, I have played most games on it at some point (yes Andy I will get to Fire Emblem) and same goes for the Wii U (Colour Splash and TMS #FE are two exceptions of a few on the U), with Switch lacking what I want from a Nintendo system at the moment that going back to the Wii sort of makes sense to me as it is a missed point in my gaming history.

I've got those 14 games coming and I also own that I've not played Power Rangers Samurai, Super Paper Mario and Wario Land what I should I be checking out to get my Nintendo fix?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 14:36

Not a Nintendo-developed game, but Klonoa is only £25 at CEX just now. It's not been cheaper than that in years and I don't think it'll be that cheap again. Also, it's absolutely brilliant.

Otherwise, what kind of thing are you after? I think that the Wii is an excellent console with dozens upon dozens of really good games. You're getting a few in that bundle of yours.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 14:43

I wonder if some Wii game will come down in price as the system does get a bad rap but this could also mean some go up in price.

Really what I should be checking out first out the Wii games I have plus things likes of SMG2 can be picked up about a tenner that I'm open to anything to be recommended.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:18

S&P2 (shush Andy) springs to mind. Otherwise I'm drawing an utter blank. The Wii was kind of a quiet generation for me, pressed in between my golden years with the GameCube and my Nintendo Defence Force years with the Wii U; but it wasn't that quiet. Neutral

Opoona if you can handle something quirky but clunky I suppose? I presume you played Muramasa on the Vita? Cripes this is hard.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:28

I'll check out Opoona and S&P2 is a certain.

Anyway I've started Wario Land Shake Dimension which is gorgeous due to it being 2D, has made me tempted to get Kirby Epic Yarn.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:33

...I just mentioned KEY somewhere else. Duh! Get iiiiiiiiiiiiit. Absolute must-have.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:46

Kororinpa is another shout - it's a very jolly puzzler where you control a marble through mazes using the Wii remote. You can blast through it in about an hour, and it's great fun throughout. £2.50 at CEX.

Edit: There's a rarer, more expensive sequel called Marbles Balance Challenge - don't bother with that, they completely fucked the physics.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 9:27

Just to add I can play imports if I really should be hunting down Captain Rainbow

Looking on CEX what's peeps thoughts on

Brawl, is the SP worth it or should I pass because Melee and Ultimate exist
Sonic games, I'm thinking Secret Rings, Black Knight and Colours
Epic Mickey
Pokemon Battle Revolution, it's Pokemon and I'm guessing pokepark is aimed more at a younger audience
Mario Sports Mix
Endless Ocean seems it could be very me game
Metroid: Other M, be serious now would I like it as everything I've seen points to I would
Eledees, no idea what it is but for some reason I've heard of it
Dewy's Adventure, same as Eledees
Disaster - Day of Crisis

I know likes of SMG2, Pandora's Tower, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Kirby Epic Yarn could be good that is the tad more unknown
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 9:48

You would loathe Brawl Mas. The single player remains the best in the series, but all of the Mêlée hardcore loathed the changes it made to controls and you, my friend, are Mêlée hardcore.

I owned none of the others bar Endless Ocean which I disliked for reasons I suspect are why you'll like it, Eledees but not for long enough to pass an opinion, and Mario Sports Mix (on the Wii U virtual console) which is simple fun but I suspect only really comes alive in local multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 11:34

Give Eledees a go. You hunt for aliens and capture them with the Wii remote while you get to shoot and fling stuff all around. It's a really early Wii game that's mostly built on the novelty of the motion sensing technology, but it's quite nice and easy to enjoy. It's also got the worst voice acting in gaming history, so there's that too.

Dewy's Adventure and Epic Mickey are pretty missable. The later is better than the former, but neither is amazing.

Avoid Secret Rings and Black Knight, but get Sonic Colours, it's very good.

The others, fair enough really.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 22:17

Seconding Balla's thoughts on SSBB - it was fun to play at the time, but after SSBU, it's going to be a bit of slog to play. Just look up the cutscenes on YouTube - sorry, Sakurai - and you'll get your fun out of the game that way.

Eledees would be a decent pickup! You collect little electric sprites to power up your capture gun and the more you collect, the more you'll be able to unlock in each stage. For example, the first stage has a kitchen full of appliances which you can power up to reveal more Eledees after collecting a certain amount. I don't know if the pointer or waggle controls will hold up, but it'll be worth a punt, I'd reckon.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 16:02

Excite Truck too, natch. 👌
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 17:43

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Excite Truck too, natch. 👌

Not my sort of racer.

Anyway my bundle came today, so will be giving all a quick play soon and will give a up date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 17 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next