We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Go down 
+20
The Christ
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Jimbob
Admin
Solve My Maze
Vidofnir
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Sentinator
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySat 28 Dec 2013 - 17:12

That one I've realised. Anyway, I'm afraid that I checked how to get the boots on the Internet - but I'm okay with that, because frankly...
Spoiler:
And now I'm onto the ice dungeon. It's my second Lorule dungeon after the Thieves' Hideout (I love that boss, by the way. Hoped he would be... you know, and he was, only better), and it's huuuuge. I feel intimidated. My 70h JRPG seems less scary.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySat 28 Dec 2013 - 20:36

Love the music in the ice dungeon & it's probably my favourite dungeon as a whole too.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySat 28 Dec 2013 - 23:53

That was a great dungeon, agreed. I played through it on the train, superb stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 13:53

Even just getting to it was a challenge at times, think I may start hero mode soon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySun 29 Dec 2013 - 13:56

Ooh yes. Lots of shuffling from one slim platform to another, dealing with blades and bats.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 2:01

Should I upgrade the Master Sword to it's final stage before taking on Lorule castle? I seemed to have missed an Ore and I don't want to go back unless I have to
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 19:53

Finished this yesterday. Lovely game, with some tight dungeon designs. It was quite an easy game, though. Especially with the new dungeon system, because it meant that by the last few I had every item and loads of hearts but they were no more difficult than the first.
Cracking final boss, though.
shanks wrote:
Should I upgrade the Master Sword to it's final stage before taking on Lorule castle? I seemed to have missed an Ore and I don't want to go back unless I have to
I wouldn't worry, to be honest. I never upgraded mine at all...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 8:17

Yeah I didn't in the end and beat him last night.. Now to do it all again in Japanese in a few months
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 15:14

So, having beaten Pokémon X this morning, ALBW is now firmly ensconced in my 3DS. I've just switched it on to see if I can't get a bit further - and I can't get a bit further. The file select music is the best version of same I've ever heard and I just want to listen to it for the rest of the afternoon. Shocked
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 16:08

A bit of a podcast spoiler coming up...sort of....

Quote :
Finished this yesterday. Lovely game, with some tight dungeon designs. It was quite an easy game, though

Forgot to say this on the podcast last night that I think it's just a case of Nintendo finely balancing the difficulty so it's absolutely perfect & at times it will be easy (this goes for Mario 3d world too) & at others it still provides a decent challenge.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 16:35

I've not found it too easy.  Then again, I have three dungeons left to go.  I'm putting the Lost Woods off until last. Meh 

With four temples done, and the Titan's Mitt and Sand Rod in my possession, I'm currently taking a break to hoover up the remaining Maimai babies.  Only two to go in Hyrule now!

General Lorule Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 17:57

I don't think the relative difficulty of recent Nintendo games is a bad thing necessarily but it is something I've noticed. For me, it's just right. Not so difficult that it's unpleasant to play, but some moments that make you think and occasional moments that take a while to crack. 3D World in particular was spot on in my book.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 18:02

3D World got it right on average, I think, but started to climb too late and then got really bloody hard. ALBW is fine, though: I've had a couple of near-death experiences (bloody lion-centaurs), but never got a Game Over because of fairies. That's the sort of difficulty level I expect from a Zelda (and given the renting mechanic I'd be bloody annoyed if I did die). Most of the difficulties I've had have been to do with cracking the puzzles, which is how it should be.

On a side note, how great is the Bee Medal? Pretty great, I think.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 20:57

I really should play this shouldn't I.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 22:05

Yes, best game on 3DS I'd say. Well it's either this or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and both are inspired by the 3D effect beautifully.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 13:12

Agreed with Fronkhead.  This is truly something special.

Swamp Temple spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 10:18

Totally against the spirit of the game, I spent last night harvesting saleable items so as to buy Ravio out completely. You ain't getting my stuff back if I die, rabbit!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 11:46

I've finally seen Lorule, now what out of the 7 sages is the best to do 1st any preference.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 18:19

Go create your own adventure, its like I said before you never get the feeling of "oh I shouldn't be here yet" no matter what order you take.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 22:26

Okay, cool. So I have to get the item I need in Hyrule then go to a tear between world's near a X in hyrule to lorule which will take me close to a dungeon in lorule to do. How do I know what item I need where, and when should I go get the sand rod.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 23:00

You won't know until you get there, but they all have a weather vane so you just pop back to Ravioli Poli when you know what you need.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Jan 2014 - 21:05

I agree with the above, it's best to explore until you find one.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 9:48

The only Lorule dungeon I've conquered so far is the Skull Woods one. Once I figured out how to get in (and later, to beat the boss), it was child's play. That's a bit irritating, seeing as I can't get beyond the first three rooms in either the Dark Palace or the Swamp Palace. Hissy fit Perseverance is the key...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 17:37

I can't imagine letting myself do that. Once I was in a dungeon, my brain wouldn't let me leave until it was complete.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 18:52

Aye same here, I'd likely forget where I was if I done something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next