We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Go down 
+20
The Christ
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Jimbob
Admin
Solve My Maze
Vidofnir
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Sentinator
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:42

My biggest worry is it'll turn into a rupee grind like in Wind Waker. I never seem to have enough of the buggers to do anything useful normally so I hope the items aren't too expensive. Other than that I don't mind the idea of doing it in any order, though I do feel that takes away from the story a tad. I guess we will see.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:49

Well the trailer showed you can rent the hammer for 20 rupees, so this rent think might be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:52

I'm sure they'll have considered that, especially with the changes to Wind Waker itself, interesting to see that they mentioned both renting and buying, makes me think it won't be quite as free as it first sounds with the option to buy no doubt being once you reach a certain point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 7:52

Rum Rapture wrote:
People moaning about the "do it in any order you like" mechanic, regardless of how it's implemented, will at least be a vaguely welcome change to the moaning about how "the Zelda format hasn't changed in [time period], Nintendo need to stop phoning it in".
But why is it always the good parts of the franchise that seem to get sacrificed? Here the dungeon items, SS the overworld... Honestly, if they just made it so that the first two dungeons weren't grass and fire, that'd be an improvement. Make the main villain a bit less boring, and you're sorted!

But then, I'm a bluff old Zelda traditionalist who loves TP. With Zeldas being so infrequent, and so good, I don't feel that every new one needs to reinvent the wheel. The changes that are made are fine.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 11:22

I'm still not sure about this and it keeps growing every time I see it
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:21

Tackling the dungeons in any order you say? LttP done this and it didn't ruin the story one bit, still really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 9:16

So this is what Aonuma was hinting at when he said he'd been playing Skyrim...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 11:46

Have you guy's seen any of this great artwork.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:49

After his defeat at the hands of GrooseLink, Ghirahim went forward in time and became a painter. A Gerudo painter.

Also that story artwork is pretty great. I am feeling slightly better about the game, since having seen that there are quite a few more actual characters than in LttP. Dunno how they'll work with the dungeons, though...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:39

I panicked for about 3 seconds when they revealed the dungeon/item craziness, but then I trust them to do the right thing - I think it'll be good for a Zelda game to be less linear.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 12:29

Jimbob wrote:
I panicked for about 3 seconds when they revealed the dungeon/item craziness, but then I trust them to do the right thing - I think it'll be good for a Zelda game to be less linear.
That's about my take on it. In my mind it will take the Mega Man approach; you'll be able to do things in any order but there will be a 'best' order. However, I do hope there is a reasonable core of permanent equipment.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 14:59

This shakeup should be pretty refreshing, and it should complement A Link To The Past well -- if I remember correctly the dark world portion of that game was fairly open ended, though you couldn't really tackle the dungeons in any order you like. If there are several ways to get through A Link Between Worlds, which all converge to the same point at the end, that would be amazing.

From what I played at Eurogamer, it's no slouch in the puzzles department either. I seriously couldn't get out of the first large room!

What was slightly disorienting is that the 3D visuals (which are very slick and run at 60fps, just like the 2D games always did) made me feel like I was in 3D and DS Zelda mode. I kept thinking I could roll, and I kept expecting Link to autojump off ledges.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 9:42

New trailer, watch to the end.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 10:13

Lorule? Hilda? Oh my sides.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 10:16

Question I have is where is lorules Link or what ever he's called.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 0:43

The music at the start was brilliant! I really can't wait for this game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 8:48

masofdas wrote:
I'm guessing he's called Honk.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 10:07

Jimbob wrote:
masofdas wrote:
I'm guessing he's called Honk.
Maybe he's Dark Link? Also, Lorule and Hilda sound like concepts from bad Zelda fan fic. It does reassure me, though, that we're not going to get a retread of the Dark World (because surely Lorule is not the real name of the Dark World); having played a bit of the game at - yes! - the Play Expo yesterday, the Light World is pretty much exactly the same, to the extent that I got to the first dungeon on auto-pilot.

That's not a bad thing; enough things are being shaken up for it to work.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 11:29

The visuals remind me of a cross between Ocarina and Phantom Hourglass. I think I'm ready for another top-down Zelda adventure. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 17:54

GAME pre-order bonus announced
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 2:00

Nice!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 2:03

I still want a Zelda game to come with Links hat one day to go with the Sonic, Scribblenaughts and Mario hats I already have. (Also wouldn't mind a Luigi hat)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 9:31

I have this preordered in GAME.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 10:36

If EB has no bonus I may download this
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 21:13

beemoh wrote:
GAME pre-order bonus announced
That is the definition of 'Tat'. So why do I kind of want it? No
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next