We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:19

beemoh wrote:
Kuru Kuru Kururin

FINALLY!

We seem to get VC games like this three months after Japan, so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 7:20

That's one for me, once I've cleared out this pesky backlog. Isn't it meant to be face-breakingly hard, though?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 9:37

I didn't think it was too difficult. The challenge is there if you want it, but you've also got the choice the change the size of the spinning rod at the start of each stage.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 20 Jul 2014 - 12:23

News of upcoming NES/Virtual Console promotions:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/nintendo_of_europe_launching_wii_u_virtual_console_nes_remix_promotion

Up to 50% off of the likes of the four Super Mario Bros games is decent going. That said, I felt the other 'better' NES games were in the 30p promotion last year (Donkey Kong, Kirby's Adventure and Punch-Out!!).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 14:56

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (oxymoronic subtitle, or just plain moronic?) has just been announced for the Wii U.  Any good, Jay and other 'Vania fans?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 20:00

Never played that one; sorry, Balla. However, I bring other news.

As you may already know, the three SNES Donkey Kong Country games are being released, one a week, starting this Thursday. If you buy one of same, you can get 33% off the download of Tropical Freeze. Not a bad promotion! I've never played the third one; does anyone have any insight?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 20:44

ZeroJones wrote:
I've never played the third DKC; does anyone have any insight?

I got most of the way through it back when it was new on the original Virtual Console. Having played all three a fair amount, I'd say it's about on par with it's two prequels (in that it's quite good, but in my view not as good as the Mega Drive's best). Cliché to say it, but if you liked the first two I'd imagine you'd like the third.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 21:14

Ah, good old DKC. I actually had the port of it on the Game Boy Color back in the day and was never able to finish it, it was just too difficult. Still, I picked it up on the VC yesterday and managed to blast through the first 9 or so levels with relative ease.

Even though it's a 20 year old game I still think it holds up pretty well in terms of gameplay and also looks.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 23:00

ZeroJones wrote:
Never played that one; sorry, Balla. However, I bring other news.

As you may already know, the three SNES Donkey Kong Country games are being released, one a week, starting this Thursday. If you buy one of same, you can get 33% off the download of Tropical Freeze. Not a bad promotion! I've never played the third one; does anyone have any insight?

Aw, but I've got the Wii VC versions! And I just bloody bought Tropical Freeze! Mad
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 19:12

Cheers, Cap - I'll be getting it, then, on balance. I loved the first DKC and got annoyed at the second for being so tough, so hopefully DKC3 will be hard but fun at the same time.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 19:55

Duck Hunt is being released on the VC! Part of me still can't believe this never happened in the Wii era, what with the Remote being, y'know, a light gun. Rolling Eyes

Is anyone excited for a fix of being laughed at by a dog?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 22:54

Aye I'm well up for getting that, as you said very odd that it never happened on wii by at least we have it now.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 20:42

Quite the coincidence that one of my absolute favourite Wii Virtual Console 'uncoveries' - the utterly brilliant Wild Guns - is out on the same day as what it likely my absolute least favourite (Nastume Championship Wrestling).

Like Jaster used to do with Cave Story, I'd go into full-on 'BUY IT!' mode with Wild Guns. Superb.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 23:50

Someone just downloaded Zero Mission. I downloaded it about ten minutes ago, so I've no idea who that was. Nah nah! I can't wait to get stuck into it; having beaten the original Metroid through the Wii VC a few years ago, it'll be odd to come back to it (and finally play the extra bit!). Grin

Anyone else jump on?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 4:16

I'll most likely download that later today. Bounce
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 11:39

We do have VC thread as I was looking for one for mother / earthbound but hey I think that series can have it's own thread.

I really should play a metroid game for more then about 5 minutes but haven't liked anything about any of them but I do like games in the metroidvania genre.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 19:33

masofdas wrote:
We do have VC thread as I was looking for one for mother / earthbound but hey I think that series can have it's own thread.

I really should play a metroid game for more then about 5 minutes but haven't liked anything about any of them but I do like games in the metroidvania genre.

MothEarthBound can and should have its own thread! In the meantime, why not play a Metroid game for more than 5 minutes? Winky Face If you got all the 30p games, then there's a Super Metroid waiting for you. It's both beautiful and brilliant. Zero Mission is shaping up well, too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 19:35

Because I didn't like those 5 miniutes. I do have Super Metroid and maybe one day I will play it.

I didn't almost buy fusion one but went for Golden Sun instead as that looked far more interesting.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 7:39

mas wrote:

1) Metroid-like

&

2) So, you're basically saying you just like Castlevania?

Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:07

Well Shadow Complex is metroidvania and I like that along with a few other's.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:21

I was messing about, anyhow on a more serious note I don't get how you could play something for 5 minutes and pass a fair judgement on it especially when a series like Metroid is a slow burner that's about exploration and not the moment to moment action.

Although that typically comes from boss encounters etc.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:28

It could be longer then 5 minuted, I must of played Prime for a good long while but just wasn't for me. If a new one comes to the Wii U ill try it to see what the fuss is about as reckon people will go nuts if shown at E3.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:36

I'm sure I've said this before but fusion is probably the best entry point.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:42

Seconded! Zero Mission seems like a good Metroid-after-that, as there's a bit more exploration than Fusion. Thumbs Up! That does also mean that there's more opportunity to get stuck, though (which I've totally not done - twice - so far).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:30

I'd say Super Metroid or Fusion are solid entry points for the series. The Prime games really are fantastic though, so you should make an effort with them. The first game has one of the most hauntingly lonely atmospheres in any game I've played.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next