We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 20:29

It is the only N64 game worth playing, get on it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 20:32

andyman949 wrote:
It is the only N64 game worth playing, get on it!

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 Now-comes-the-part-where-we-throw-our-heads-back-in-laughter
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 20:38

It's a good game but I played it so long ago that I don't remember much beyond that impression and a feeling that it was a bit linear (they all are, though).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 20:40

How does it compare to TTYD.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 20:46

Stu thinks it's better than TTYD. But he's wrong. Still a good game though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 9:01

I'd have to say that, as someone who played TTYD first, and enjoyed it, but doesn't reeeally like RPGs, the original felt too clunky in comparison.

Hm. I guess I've invalidated my opinion withthat middle bit. Er, sorry

(Also the music on the grassy fieldy world is possibly the worst thing ever)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 9:09

I saw that and started listening to Petal Meadows from TTYD. Now that's good grassland music.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jun 2015 - 8:43

Just downloaded Earthbound Beginnings. Can't wait to get back into that world!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jun 2015 - 11:31

Interested to see what you think Zero. The world is still very much the same Mother goodness, but I'll be interested to what yourself and others make of the game itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 21:00

Good luck Zero. I haven't started it yet myself, but I'm properly excited to.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 22:33

Thanks, both! I've just made it into the first town, Onett Podunk, and although it looks basic it feels quite advanced for a NES game. You can see EarthBound in the future, even based on the small amount of time I've played so far. More when I have it. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 22:48

Absolutely. If I remember rightly, one of the first enemies Ness Ninten can encounter in Mother/Earthbound Beginnings is a "shifty looking crow". The humour is already in place, even this early on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 9:32

Mario Tennis coming to at least the American VC this week. I'd be gob-smacked if, in Wimbledon week, it doesn't come to the UK as well.

For those of you who didn't play it, I'd say it's the best Mario sports game ever. Ignore the blocky graphics and the different looking (and much less annoying) Daisy: it's all about the pixel-perfect gameplay (and the cut-scenes, and Waluigi's walk, and Birdo being an annoying twerp, and, and, and). I gave it third place in Phillips' "best of Mario games" vote, and it got joint 10th overall. It's brill. Get on it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 18:09

Aye, it's the best Mario sports game ever indeed. An absolute classic.

That said, I'm ready for some 60hz N64 racers now, Nintendo Virtual Console-decider people.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 21:52

Better than Mario Smash football?

(side note: I also really like Mario Golf toadstool tour a lot)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 22:18

Never played MSF. I did enjoy MGTT a lot too, but MT knocks it into a cocked hat. Then urinates into the hat.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 22:39

Urinates into the hat from an almighty height. Mario Tennis 64 is miles better than either Smash Football. It's firmly in my N64 top ten, which is high praise indeed.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySat 11 Jul 2015 - 16:51

Ah, cool. Even my mum likes Mario Tennis. And it's a sports game. This is why I'm hoping that the WiiU version's going to be good - Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. have been good iterations, doing the basic things right.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySat 11 Jul 2015 - 17:42

Looking into getting more VC stuff when I next have dolla. Is DKC3 better than 2? I'd get 1 but I used to own a SNES and played it to death.

Also, is the new Kirby stage in Smash worth it? (I know that's not VC but it's sort of tangentially related.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySat 11 Jul 2015 - 17:56

Not sure the Kirby stage is worth it per se. I like having all the Smash stuff, in particular all the tunes. But honestly, you presumably know what it's like by now - you know whether you want it or not.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 10:50

Not that I've finished DKC3 yet (nashen shacken frashen rashen Code Name S.T.E.A.M....), but I can tell you that 2 is the harder game by far. It might even be better - just.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 17:49

Does anyone have any impressions on the GBA Castlevania games? I hear Aria of Sorrow is really good, but to be honest I can't be arsed with Metroidvania type stuff and I'm not wanting to plant seven quid on something I'll really not put the effort into. Are they anything like Super Castlevania IV on the SNES?

That's another Street Fighter II port on the eShop. I like this Turbo Revival version, but...Dead horse
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 19:53

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Does anyone have any impressions on the GBA Castlevania games? I hear Aria of Sorrow is really good, but to be honest I can't be arsed with Metroidvania type stuff and I'm not wanting to plant seven quid on something I'll really not put the effort into. Are they anything like Super Castlevania IV on the SNES?

Nah, they are Metroidvanias. Aria of Sorrow is really bloody good, but probably not for you if you're not a fan of Metroidvanias.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 19 Jul 2015 - 22:13

JayMoyles wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Nah, they are Metroidvanias. Aria of Sorrow is really bloody good, but probably not for you if you're not a fan of Metroidvanias.

Thanks for answering that. I know that the public gets what the public wants, but I'm yearning for something that's more like what Castlevania used to be on the SNES and Mega Drive. More recently, the ReBirth game on WiiWare was bloody immense and I'd really like to find something similar to it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2015 - 9:47

This week's one for you, Cappa!

(It really isn't.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next