We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 12:37

We talk a little about SM64 on the podcast, but is there any N64 or DS games that you want on the VC.

There's ones you can't see happening like Goldeneye due to, to many people having fingers in that pie or licensed games like No Mercy for instance.

Myself
F-Zero X
Mischief Makers
Paper Mario
Spacestation Silicon Valley

That's about it from the N64, there is loads of classics that make it the best consoles of all time but I don't need the N64 version of OoT as I've got the 3DS version or Kirby 64 as I will be playing the rainbow brush one soon and why do I need MK64 when I've MK8 especially as it's not remake, so not like we can now play 8 player online or the game I want is made by rare like Jet Force Gemini.

Where those 4 I would buy and if enough people bought F-Zero Nintendo might think there a demand for a new one.

On the DS myself would love to see any of the core Pokemon games & Conquest, Chrono Trigger if we don't get the SNES original, Both Zelda's, Ghost Trick, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Infinite Space, Okamiden, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Hotel Dusk: Room 215 just to name a few I think there's more potential from the DS's library especially for some like me that didn't play much DS and hear about this top games like Ghost Trick & all these RPGS that the system has.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 14:18

So many JRPGs I would love to have on the VC, especially Infinite Space, all the Dragon Quest games as well as the multitude of Final Fantasy ones, especially Tactics. Trouble is, 3rd party companies will probably be dicks about it. Do they not want our money?
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 14:41

Konami have been fairly decent with Castlevania & Capcom with Mega Man along with a few others that I can't see them having a issue with there games coming to VC but I think a few like Square would sooner (which they have) bring there games to iOS and get £10.99 for it instead of what ever a DS games is on VC - Nintendo's cut.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 18 Apr 2015 - 9:44

Happy days are here, as Nintendo of America just released Yoshi Touch & Go onto their Virtual Console. However, in what must be the first case of Nintendo Life in reverse, they've catastrophically underrated it.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/yoshi_touch_and_go_ds

I say: bollocks to that! Don't look at that Nintendo Life 5 and say 'ah, that must mean it's a 3/10' - it's a grand use of the hardware, and one of my favourite high score attacks ever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 7:54

To provide a counterpoint, I think that that "adjusted for NL" score (so 3 or 4) is pretty fair. Note that I'm no score attack fan, but even if you are, the sluggish pace of the game would (I'd have thought) deter most high-score seekers. The level designs incur serious déjà vu, the music's nothing.

I'll agree that it was a great use of the hardware at the time, a brilliant tech. demo. But in an era where the tech. used is no longer so extraordinary, the adjusted score seems fair to me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 9:11

Have you played it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 8:46

The Wii U version?  Nope, but I played the DS version at the time.  Was impressed by the tech. on offer, but found the game itself disappointing.

Fair play to you if you enjoyed it, mind. Just offering a counterpoint.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 11:38

I really enjoyed Touch & Go back in the day, but at the time I lamented the fact that there wasn't a little more to it in form of maybe extra modes and maybe a series of progressive challenges. There was a lot of potential there.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 15:34

I enjoyed it also, perhaps with them attaching Yoshi to it though people expected more from it?

balla wrote:
...the music's nothing.

Music isn't the be-all an end-all of games. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 16:16

I definitely think that was my problem with Island DS.  A competent platformer, but with Yoshi's face on the front, a grave disappointment.  

And visuals aren't the be-all and end-all of games either, but they impact enjoyment - just not as much as gameplay or longevity.  Speaking of which, for all my criticisms of YT&G, it was a very pretty game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 14:43

I can hear Andyman's yelps of joy from here.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 17:12

Sin & Punishment 2 is quality!

~

They've been doing Kirby weeks on Virtual Console for both 3DS and Wii U. *clears throat*

Kirby Adventure Wii - Aye
Kirby's Dream Land 3 - Naw
Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land - Naw
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - Mibbes Aye, Mibbes Naw
Kirby's Dream Course - Naw
Kirby Super Star - Aye

...the Kirby games didn't get really good until the mid-to-late 2000s, natch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 17:50

Your Kirby assessments are bang on, Cap - but I do not like Sin & Punishment 2. Very frustrating game - it's not a genre I enjoy, to be fair, and I can tell that it is quality... just not my kind of quality. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:05

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Aye
Naw
Mibbes Aye, Mibbes Naw

Why were these not the options in the referendum?

I don't enjoy the genre either, Zero, but this:

Sin & Punishment 2 is quality!

gets an "Aye" from me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:06

Eugh S&P 2, probably my least favourite Wii game, I didn't find it frustrating as much as tedious or boring. What a waste of space.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:42

Yeah S&P is great, one of the best on Wii.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:49

andyman949 wrote:
Eugh S&P 2, probably my least favourite Wii game, I didn't find it frustrating as much as tedious or boring. What a waste of space.

Aye quite boring. Razz

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 I6YMzfb5EECNu
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 23:26

You can just as easily sit there and not shoot anything. You wouldn't because you're desperately trying to squeeze some fun out of it, but it is just poor.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 23:32

87 on meta with only one bad review also it's from Treasure who I don't think have ever made anything bad.

Also it's GNamer's Number 1 Shooter ever on Wii
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 8:02

I'm not even trying to be confrontational. It's a game that I genuinely cannot see how anyone could enjoy it. There are no niggles that end up bothering me too much, it's just an ugly game that you point at the screen and press a button occasionally if you want to get a better score for no reason whatsoever. Even to score attackers there are much better games for that, it's just not fun.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 9:35

Maybe it's just a game like me not getting why Metroid is so popular that you just don't get as it's clearly is popular & fairly highly regarded game especially the first S&P on N64.

On Kirby what is the verdict on Mirror as Cappa seems so-so on it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 3 May 2015 - 0:07

For me, Amazing Mirror is let down by the design of the layout. Structurally, I think it's a bit of a confusing mess. If you take one wrong exit in any level, you're knackered - you've got to play right through, seeing sights you've probably already seen. The backtracking takes the piss as well.

Still, it's a big game by the standards of the Kirby series. Everything else is as you'd expect of all the Game Boy-era Kirby platformers.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 21:27

I've bought, at £3.14 can't really go wrong. I'm also very tempted to download Super Mario 64.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 21:02

For me, Amazing Mirror is let down by the design of the layout. Structurally, I think it's a bit of a confusing mess. If you take one wrong exit in any level, you're knackered - you've got to play right through, seeing sights you've probably already seen. The backtracking takes the piss as well.

Still, it's a big game by the standards of the Kirby series. Everything else is as you'd expect of all the Game Boy-era Kirby platformers.

I agree with this. I downloaded it as an ambassador game and enjoyed it up to a point but got a bit lost, and then whenever I've tried to go back to it I have absolutely no idea where to start. I can't even begin to understand how any of the doors connect.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 20:04

I'm very tempted to download Paper Mario 64, anyone played it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next