We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread

Go down 
+13
masofdas
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
beemoh
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
ZeroJones
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 11:36

Having experienced story mode in F-Zero GX, I can say that the challenges in this game can be categorised as 'occasionally harsh, but actually beatable'.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 11:45

Good to see Sonic Transformed get the appreciation it deserves. It's a very, very good game. While I agree the difficulty spikes partly stop it from achieving greatness, there's still tons of really enjoyable stuff do before you even reach a point that it gets too tricky. I got about twenty hours out of it before I threw in the towel, but it's one I'll go back to every so often.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 11:57

TESTING, TESTING, ONE TWO THREE. Can anyone see this post? And Cappa's/Stu's above it?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 11:58

Yuss. All is well again.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 11:59

Thank goodness. Forumotion having a "special episode" there, bless it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 12:39

Happy with those 2 though it's a shame Monster Hunter didn't place higher! Sonic and Allstars Transformed is probably my favourite racing game ever. I wish there was a similarly large community to that of MKWii so I could get more out of the online (though it being multiplatform hardly helps that).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 13:11

I'm glad Monster Hunter made the cut.
I've not played Sonic Trannies apart from the demo but it felt nice enough. I couldn't see groups of my friends coming round for a sesh, though, so I'm gonna wait for Mario.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 15:55

This vote has made me realise I need to play Sonic Racing more, might go back to it now SM3DW is beat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 16:42

Didn't have Sonic Racing above Monster Hunter myself, feel the former is a tad overrated. Not surprised that either made the top ten though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 17:33

Sonic didn't make my top 10, did put a good few hours into GP mode and Online but not alot else. Monster Hunter did make top 10 though. Can't wait to see the rest.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 20:10

Mon Hun didn't make it into my list. I've repeatedly tried to like it, but it just doesn't do much for me. I know others have spent hundreds of hours playing it, so there must be something there.

Sonic Racing, however, is amazing. It still boggles my mind that ONM marked it so low.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 0:56

Two really great games to start it off but I'm with andy on MH probably should've placed a tad higher, though I suppose that's down to only a select few members of the forum who play it.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 7:15

Y'know, I'm happy MH3U made it too. It's clearly a game that those who play it are very passionate about, so it's grand that we are able to reflect that passion.

Also, maybe "obscene" was the wrong word to describe the difficulty spikes in Racing Transformed, but that's what it felt like to me at the time. Aww!

Thirdly, I've added in Metacritic links for the games in question. Until tonight! *swirls cape, drops smoke pellet*

*coughs*

*awkward*

Last edited by ZeroJones on Mon 16 Dec 2013 - 7:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 18:45

Double post? Why, certainly!

Eighth Place:

Seventh Place:

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 7:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bolded up people's quotes)
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 18:52

Hell no to The Wonderful 101 being at number eight! Time to re-vote!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 18:54

Two good games well worth their inclusion in this countdown.

Fun fact: it was a toss-up between The Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land for the tenth spot on my list. Had it been a top eleven that Zero Jones was looking for, both would have been included. On this occasion, I gave the spot - and one whole point! - to The Wonderful 101.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 19:01

Ye can't complain with those placements to be honest, also you know what's a true fact? The folk who hate octopus dance simply aren't good at playing it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 19:32

Nintendo Land definitely deserves its place.  101?  Mehhhh.  I actually gave it 7th, so I can't complain, but that was because of a lack of other games I'd played.  As Mas says, it was just too long-winded to be a classic for me.  Can see why others would love it, though!

Also, because it needs to be re-posted, they can do it!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 19:48

Nintendo Land is no Wii Sports?! Is that because it's infinitely better! Happy with those 2 but I agree about how long TW101 goes on for (at least how long the missions are).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 19:55

That's what's held it back for me. It just feels like it never ends. I like my gaming sessions to be quicky and punchy - with The Wonderful 101 I feel like I need to settle in for a lengthy session. I don't think I even got that far into it, but at the end of the day I still enjoyed it more than the likes of Nintendo Land, Ninja Gaiden 3, Assassin's Creed III and the others that I considered in it's place on my list.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 19:59

I love playing for a long session but for some reason it just seems to stop and I can rarely play more than a chapter. Never had that before.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 20:00

I think that liking short play sessions is part of the reason I'm much more of a portable gamer at the moment.

andyman949 wrote:
Nintendo Land is no Wii Sports?! Is that because it's infinitely better!

It's a better game, but it's a less immediate way of showing the benefits of the hardware to the uninitiated.  Buska did something about "best Wii games" in the Wii thread which I think applies here: NL is a better game, but a less good Wii U game than WS is a Wii game, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 20:09

I see where you're coming from but the Wii U gamepad isn't as revolutionary or different as the Wii remote and I think it absolutely nails the Wii U's best feature of asymmetric multiplayer in a far tighter and more fun experience than Wii Sports. Of course I'm not the biggest Wii Sports fan so I'm quite bias.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 21:27

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally can't see what the fuss is about with Nintendo Land, which is how I feel about most minigame compilations, to be honest. With the exception there being Pikmin Adventure, which really was too good for the package. I and the people I played it with didn't get much out of the multiplayer, either.  Neutral 

From the TW101 demo I played, though, I can see why people love it and loathe it in equal measure. Maybe one day I'll get round to playing my copy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 21:58

Yay, two more that I voted for! I think I'm gonna be pretty close to ten-for-ten this time.

Balla- have you got your head around Wii Games, Wii games and games on Wii yet? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next