We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread

Go down 
+13
masofdas
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
beemoh
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
ZeroJones
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 20:42

Yeah, ME3 is a difficult one. The Wii U port is apparently really well done, but due to the ENTIRE TRILOGY being available on other formats for cheaper, and the fact that this is a series that relies on your choices, it is hard to recommend.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:46

The Wii U first birthday vote is officially OPEN! Grin

It will remain open until midday on Saturday 14th December, at which point I'll start revealing the top ten.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:49

Huzzah! Tagline changed in honour of the occasion. Will probably send my votes in tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 14:54

Going to play as much as SM3DW before sending votes in, I have a top 10 all ready to go without it will it get in the top 10, More than likely yes.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 15:08

masofdas wrote:
Going to play as much as SM3DW before sending votes in
I've a funny feeling that most GNamer Forumites will follow suit! I know I'm delaying my input until I've played it enough.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 16:35

Balladeer wrote:
Huzzah!  Tagline changed in honour of the occasion.  Will probably send my votes in tomorrow.
THIS WAS A LIE. My six votes, one honourable mention, and four dishonourables have been dispatched. Efficiency!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 20:42

A late question.

I assume voting for Wind Waker HD is acceptable?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 20:48

I just sent out my votes. Smile 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 21:16

Axis1500 wrote:
A late question.

I assume voting for Wind Waker HD is acceptable?
Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 22:05

Much like everyone else, I can't to write this until I've stopped playing Mario. Which won't be for a while...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 2:00

I find it really surprising that anyone actually has 10 Wii U games. I mean that seriously. It isn't just the limited library, but the cost at this stage. In all honesty, I have just 2 Wii U (3 if you include Nintendoland) games and a list of games I want to buy that extends to just 6. This is from a player who has over 160 Wii games. Sure, there are a stack of games I would buy if really cheap, but I doubt I would play much of them.

Even the 2 games I have, Zombi U and NSMBU aren't games I have enjoyed all that much. Nintendoland has been more enjoyable, but not enough to have me playing a lot of it. The only MUST OWN title for me is Pikmin 3, which I will get soon enough, but until Mario Kart and Smash Bros turn up, it is slim pickings for me.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 7:23

It all depends on the kinds of games you like though, doesn't it? I have about 14 retail games & I've enjoyed playing everyone of them (obviously I have my favourites) but I can gladly say I don't regret any of my wii U purchases so far.

Also I don't see how comparing a collection of wii games amassed over 5+ years to a system that's a year old is relevent.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 8:51

Going have to agree with Jas here, It depends on what game's you like. I've played on my Wii U 23 retail game's, that's just retail yet alone eShop , VC or playing likes of Zombiu at a mates.

So maybe this 1st anniversary vote might be handy for you oldschool, to see what the top 10 game's and if ZJ does it what finishs 12th or something after the main 10.

If in 5 year's time we do a overall Wii U vote to see what's the best game's over it's lifetime, I'll doubt hardly any of these 10 game's in this vote will be in a future top 10 though.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 10:02

The_Jaster wrote:
It all depends on the kinds of games you like though, doesn't it? I have about 14 retail games & I've enjoyed playing everyone of them (obviously I have my favourites) but I can gladly say I don't regret any of my wii U purchases so far.

Also I don't see how comparing a collection of wii games amassed over 5+ years to a system that's a year old is relevent.
The relevance was to dismiss any possibility that I wasn't a Nintendo gamer. Of course it is subjective, but I still can't see much that is all that inspiring in its first year. I have high hopes for year 2, but year one has been very uninteresting overall. Keep in mind, very few consoles have an inspiring first year. Hell, I think the 3DS took a lot longer than a year to get interesting - subjective view.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 10:18

I seem to remember voting for KIU and MK7 in the 3DS first year voting thread, and OoT was longer ago so it was worth playing again, unlike WW. So subjectively, the 3DS had a better year for me.

Then again, I'm sure SM3DW will be much better than SM3DL, but... Father Christmas 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 11:40

I'll be another one of these later voters. Had I not had SM3DW to play, I could send you my top ten right now. I'll definitely get it over to you in the next fortnight though.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 14:52

oldschool wrote:
I find it really surprising that anyone actually has 10 Wii U games.  I mean that seriously.  It isn't just the limited library, but the cost at this stage.  In all honesty, I have just 2 Wii U (3 if you include Nintendoland) games and a list of games I want to buy that extends to just 6.  This is from a player who has over 160 Wii games.  Sure, there are a stack of games I would buy if really cheap, but I doubt I would play much of them.

Even the 2 games I have, Zombi U and NSMBU aren't games I have enjoyed all that much.  Nintendoland has been more enjoyable, but not enough to have me playing a lot of it.  The only MUST OWN title for me is Pikmin 3, which I will get soon enough, but until Mario Kart and Smash Bros turn up, it is slim pickings for me.
It's quite easy to amass them as it includes eShop games too. EDGE + Toki Tori (2 games) for example, can be had for less than £5.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 15:02

Another point to be noted is that Wii U games generally aren't that expensive here in the UK. All right, a select few like Monster Hunter and Lego City Undercover haven't really come down in price since they launched, but there's a lot of stuff out there for around ten quid ($18AUS). I've found it quite straightforward to build up a Wii U collection, as there's a good variety of decent stuff available here for a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 17:43

oldschool wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

The relevance was to dismiss any possibility that I wasn't a Nintendo gamer.  Of course it is subjective, but I still can't see much that is all that inspiring in its first year.  I have high hopes for year 2, but year one has been very uninteresting overall.  Keep in mind, very few consoles have an inspiring first year.  Hell, I think the 3DS took a lot longer than a year to get interesting - subjective view.
You're a member of a predominately Nintendo based forum so I still don't see your reasoning behind mentioning it, sure the first year could've been better (always room for improvement) but what has been there has been great.

Like I said though its down to what genres you prefer & from my personal point of view the first year has delivered the genres I like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 18:45

Just looking at console exclusives and retail only you've had

Family Party, Funky Barn, Game Party, Game & Wario, Lego City Undercover, Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, New Super Luigi U, New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Rabbids Land, Scribblenauts Unlimited (Not in EU during 1st year), SiNG PARTY, Sonic Lost World, Sports Connection, Super Mario 3D World, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, ZombiU

That's 22 game's okay some rubbish but a few quality game's there and of course there's a few games like transformers prime which was on Wii & Wii U but still Nintendo exclusive. Also things like Tekken Tag 2 Wii U edition which okay is on other systems but you can't play as Nina Williams dressed as Princess Zelda on those.

So even if you were just buying nintendo console exclusives or games with exclusive content there's plenty there without 3rd party.

So can't see any reason why anyone would say the wii u lacked games.

I've sent my top 10, honorables and dishonorables aswell.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 19:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sent Vote)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 21:01

I'm going to have to do some scraping if I'm to manage a full list of ten, but at least I already know what my top choice is. I'll most likely send my votes off this time next weekend.

Oh, and I will commence the relevant plugging on The Twitter™️, as always. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 23:42

Thanks for any and all plugging anywhere, team! Just to let you know, there have been five voters so far, one of them in the last few minutes. They've caused the lead to change hands. Shocked

There are also twenty-two different games in the list so far! Bounce
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 23:49

ZeroJones wrote:
Thanks for any and all plugging anywhere, team! Just to let you know, there have been five voters so far, one of them in the last few minutes. They've caused the lead to change hands. Shocked

There are also twenty-two different games in the list so far! Bounce
I wonder who that was? Winky Face

I found the Dishonourable Mention section really hard because I stuck to games that I actually bought, and because I read a lot of games reviews, I generally don't buy games like "Funky Barn", etc Razz
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 0:33

Can you imagine someone insane enough to send in a list with no Mario on it?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 7:13

If you're referring to 3D World I'll have to because I can't afford to play it yet.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next