We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread

Go down 
+13
masofdas
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
beemoh
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
ZeroJones
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 8:24

The_Jaster wrote:
sonic can piss off though.

Insufficient.

The_Jaster wrote:
Sonic can piss off though.

Much better.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 10:12

Sonic with the best 2D platformer ever in pocket adventure or CD that's a hard choice.

I'm not saying Legends is bad or anything I voted for it fairly highly and like I said best 2D platformers in years but to me it will never be good as the classic as you put it. Like Kobe Bryant will never be as good as Michal Jordan.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 18:01

HeartGold! Grin

First Place:

Huge thanks to everyone who took part in this thread - it's been a blast. Over the next few days I'll be adding a few more bits and pieces - dishonourable mentions in particular!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 18:05

Which leaves ZombiU chewing dust. Poor Jas. Razz I've never played it, because ARGH strategy, but I'm glad it's deemed worthy!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 18:07

Superb winner, I'm pretty happy with the top 10 there. Thanks for the excellent thread ZeroJones.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 18:08

It's not over yet!  I've got some venting to come, and I presume that you have too, from past performance.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 18:16

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I wonder if Wii Sports Club might have found more favour had it been a boxed release (or, at least, sensibly priced). NES Remix is another one - do we think we'd have made room for that had the voting in this thread taken place now?

A complete boxed release of Wii Sports Club would surely have gotten plenty of votes. Ditto NES Remix, had we done the vote now. Although it wouldn't have troubled my top five, both it and EDGE would have been in my top ten. There wasn't a vast amount of love for eShop exclusives, all told - more on that story later.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 18:29

No complaints here about the winner as pikmin 3 is an excellent game & that mission mode is fantastically addictive, however looking over the top ten again I'd personally bump out Lego City or wind waker to make room for zombi U which at the very least deserved a top 5 finish.

Out of interest how many points did it get, ZJ?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 18:54

I know it's not over but the main portion has run it's course. The credits have rolled, all the rest is bonus content! There's not much for me to complain about as I've not played enough Wii U games  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 21:29

Woo! Pikmin 3.
What a good list.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 21:34

I think that's a worthy 1st, be cool to see the bonuses like what finished 15th etc, what honourables (I sent two) and dishonourables. Also I think I voted for 8 out of 10 game's in the top 10.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 0:37

Thanks to Zero Jones for all the effort that he's put into this. Certainly, I feel it's been one of the most enjoyable vote threads we've had on NGamer/GNamer.

Even without ZombiU, I think we can all be happy with that top ten. It must be quite consistent with what we each had. On that, here was my list:

Spoiler:

It's not all been doom and gloom in the Wii U's first year. We've stuck by it, and I think we've been handsomely rewarded with some excellent stuff. I'd like to think that the Wii U has had it's rough patch and can only improve from here.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 2:04

Can't grumble at this, it's a damn fine game *forgets about the terrible end boss*.

Here was my top ten if anybody cares...
Spoiler:

A few 'out of interest' questions if you have the time to answer, ZJ.

• What game came 11th? (Guessing it was ZombiU)

• What was the most voted-for eShop-only game?

• Did New Super Luigi U get many votes? (I was unsure whether this counted as its own game or DLC when I was voting)

• And finally, who else placed Super Mario 3D World at the top of their list? I'd like to shake their hands
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 2:45

Thanks Zero, for all your efforts. I'm curious to know, did anyone vote for Rayman Legends and not play the Wii U version? (Remember that debate we had on whether multiplats counted if you played them on a different console?)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 2:54

I'm not sure anyone would have picked up another version over the Wii U version (though I would recommend the Vita version over it now the invasion levels are in).

The Cave might have received a dishonourable mention if I'd spent any money on it or actually remembered it existed.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 7:21

Balladeer wrote:
I've never played it, because ARGH strategy, but I'm glad it's deemed worthy!

You and I are the only ones who didn't vote for Pikmin 3. Shocked

The_Jaster wrote:
Out of interest how many points did it get, ZJ?

ZombiU was twelfth with 21 points, 5 voters and 0 first places.

Dusty Knackers wrote:
A few 'out of interest' questions if you have the time to answer, ZJ.

What game came 11th? (Guessing it was ZombiU)

What was the most voted-for eShop-only game?

Did New Super Luigi U get many votes? (I was unsure whether this counted as its own game or DLC when I was voting)

And finally, who else placed Super Mario 3D World at the top of their list? I'd like to shake their hands

1) Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition came 11th, with 23 points, 5 votes and 1 first place. Before I placed it top it was 14th.

2) Little Inferno, which was 16th with 8 points, 2 voters and 0 first places.

3) New Super Luigi U attracted 3 voters, including myself. As a boxed release, it did count as its own game.

4) The others who voted SM3DW as top were Axis1500, Buskalilly and The Cappuccino Kid. As you've seen, one point separated it from Rayman Legends. Shocked

Axis1500 wrote:
I'm curious to know, did anyone vote for Rayman Legends and not play the Wii U version?

If they did, they didn't declare it. The only game that got into the top ten where someone hadn't played the Wii U version was Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (I went back and edited accordingly Embarrassed ).

Later today I'm hoping to get an eShop exclusive Top Five out there, along with all the honourable and dishonourable mentions.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sun 22 Dec 2013 - 7:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added emoticons)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 14:46

My Top 10:

Will you be posting the Top 27 (was it that many games you said) in full as I'm curious what was last and were my 5th choice which seemed to get a few mentions all ready and my 9th choice which I'm guessing only I voted for.

Ohh look only 5 out of 13 people voted for ZombiU, so much for it being a top 5 game like some though it would be.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 21:58

Nice indirect post about me there, the way I see it that's 5 folk that were clever enough (or played it long enough) to realise how great a game it is....maybe it was just too hard for you?

Also I had to chuckle at your choice of black ops 2 over MH3U. Laughing

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 22:04

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 Tumblr_mmlbp1BTnB1rf3vado1_400
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 23:25

Nah not to hard for me I just like proper survival horror games like resident evil (not 5 & 6), silent hill, fatal frame for instance and looking forward to evil within which looks like is going to get back to what the genre should be. Also played long enough to know what the game is like 12 mins demo on my wiiu, a good hour or so playing on ibbsters wiiu and 30mins ish in GAME on a demo unit, so nearly 1hr 45mins in total which I will never get back.

9th. Call of Duty: Black Ops II, This for a while was my most played Wii U game single player was okay, zombies sucked but online multi player was decent unlike other systems there wasn’t 11 year old kids screaming abuse. Everyone was mature and tried to work as a team, also playing modes like CTF was great as the map was on the gamepad.

10th. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Just sneaks in I’ve not played much of it by myself but when I’ve joined up with other’s from here it’s been really fun.

So MH3U could be higher if I ever get around to playing it, so that's my fault really but i did vote for it along with 8 in the top 10.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 23:49

I'm not ZombiU's biggest fan but how anyone can describe it as not proper survival horror. It has all the deliberately awkward menus and combat that you could possibly ask for. For the record I voted for ZombiU but that was based on its multiplayer.

As for your point about CoD that really is ridiculous, I can't say I've ever encountered an abusive 11 year old on CoD on any system and even if I did it's irrelevant because there's a mute button.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 23:57

andyman949 wrote:
I'm not ZombiU's biggest fan but how anyone can describe it as not proper survival horror. It has all the deliberately awkward menus and combat that you could possibly ask for. For the record I voted for ZombiU but that was based on its multiplayer.

As for your point about CoD that really is ridiculous, I can't say I've ever encountered an abusive 11 year old on CoD on any system and even if I did it's irrelevant because there's a mute button.

Yeah it was awkward to play but not in the same way as a resident evil 2 is awkward. I will give it the multi player which wasn't bad on ZombiU.

Really no abuse ever (mainly 360 versions of COD, and now PS4 as well which i guess is people they've gone from 360 to PS4) your lucky, I know there's mute options but not really the point is it also like I said the Wii U community ever time I played a mode like CTF people tried working together. I've not found that once any other time on any COD (I've played all of them on consoles). Also bringing up CTF the game pad was great for that sort of mode.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 5:08

masofdas wrote:
Nah not to hard for me I just like proper survival horror games like resident evil (not 5 & 6), silent hill, fatal frame for instance and looking forward to evil within which looks like is going to get back to what the genre should be

Zombi U is everything the genre should be though, tense & atmospheric having to be always on the look out for ammo/enemies & the weapons were satisfying to use as well & as for the menus? You grow used to them & learn these little short cuts to help manage your inventory quicker which is a key skill in my book.
I think a total play time of 1 hour 45 mins (in 3 separate sessions) isn't giving it a fair crack, assuming you started over each time you would've barely got past opening/tutorial phase.

A big problem with some who dislike it is that they may be approaching it like your normal fps ( or thinking it might be like left 4 dead) if you try to play it like this then you're going to have a frustrating time.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 18:37

Zombi U is a good game. Incredibly tense.
It didn't make my list though because I'm a wuss.  Whistle 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 19:45

I thought Zombi u was excellent, it scared me plenty. My only annoyance was that if you died on the last bit (like me!) then no matter how well you posted the rest of the game, you got the crap ending.
Here's my top ten, for solidarity.

I've left my comments on because I just copied and pasted my original message to ZeroJones and can't be arsed to edit it:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next