We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread

Go down 
+13
masofdas
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
beemoh
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
ZeroJones
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 2:02

I'm guessing Batman: Arkham City isn't going to turn up either. Pity. I enjoyed that a lot more than I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros U, NintendoLand, Sonic Racing and ZombiU - maybe I'm the crazy one here.

(For what it's worth, I think I went a bit over-the-top on the love for Sonic & All Stars Racing and Need For Speed when they both came out)

Forgot to write in any dishonorable mentions myself, so I'll throw in a couple now...

• Game & Wario - massive disappointment to me, I couldn't stand to play it any more than I did.
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited - not for its content, but for being delayed for so damn long that we all stopped caring about it when it actually got released last month.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 2:30

Rayman, Pikmin and Mario will be the final three, no doubts about it, shame for a lot that aren't included but just goes to show the Wii U is a lot stronger than people think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:05

Now, this is terribly early, but I am going to be busy tonight, so... BRONZE!

Third Place:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:08

Unsurprising.  The only reason it's ranking outside the top two, I reckon, is because many of us haven't had time to give it the playing it deserves.  I'm almost certain it'll poach my number 1 spot when I acquire it in under a week! Father Christmas (Not too fond of it resembling an up-scaled SM3DL, but as you say, that's somewhat inevitable.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:11

I think that's a decent place for it at the moment like Balla said some still need to play it. But makes me think what's number 1 & 2 surely it can't be ZombiU placing now with Rayman Legends and Pikmin 3 still not featured.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 17:19

I disagree with Balladeer on this - I find this very surprising. Even thought Balladeer's logic makes total sense, the first impressions I was given in the first few hours rocketed it to the top of my list, and no doubt a few others too. Even if less people included in their list as other games, I still thought this was a lock-in for #1. If we did this thread next year, there's no chance it would be below Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, ZombiU or whatever else from 2012-2013.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 17:23

It was Number 2 on my list, after playing it for 8 hrs + and half way though the world to get the not so secret character. I think it would still be 2nd.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 19:02

Got to say I'm surprised even though I didn't vote for it at all because.....

What I PM'd to zero: I may regret deciding not to put mario 3d world in but I feel it could unfairly take attention away from the earlier games & make the overall top ten look predictable.

As I said before it will be a real shame whatever misses out as zombi U, pikmin 3 & Rayman all deserve to be up in that top five in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 19:31

Out of curiousity, what did you put into your list (in tenth) at the expense of Super Mario 3D World?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:05

Need for speed: Most Wanted U
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:06

*bites knuckle*

I'm glad I'm not the only person who ranked this as their number one game, it really is the best thing on Wii U. No chance that ZombiU's coming now.

ZeroJones wrote:
I was determined to put the comments of everyone who voted a game as their #1... but Dusty didn't add any!

My silence spoke volumes for the brilliance of the game... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:12

Quote :
No chance that ZombiU's coming now.

I think it might still sneak in as I know a few folk on the forum like it. (But that all depends if folk remembered to vote for it)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:22

There's a fair few games I like that couldn't fit into my top ten (New Super Luigi U, Little Inferno and Nintendo Land, to name three). ZombiU is good, but it didn't feature in my list, and I don't know if it would have been in my top fifteen either.

I wonder if Wii Sports Club might have found more favour had it been a boxed release (or, at least, sensibly priced). NES Remix is another one - do we think we'd have made room for that had the voting in this thread taken place now?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:31

Would be interesting if Rayman were to take top spot, a multi platform game number one in a Nintendo console vote? Unthinkable!

Super Mario 3D World in 3rd seems fair to me, it is ruddy brilliant but it's a tad easy and seems to end just a bit too early.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 7:49

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I wonder if Wii Sports Club might have found more favour had it been a boxed release (or, at least, sensibly priced).

I don't think there's any doubt about that. It'd have made my top ten pretty much by default, but it'd have slotted in above at least three of my six games. Unless they really muck up one of the later sports, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 12:34

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
There's a fair few games I like that couldn't fit into my top ten (New Super Luigi U, Little Inferno and Nintendo Land, to name three). ZombiU is good, but it didn't feature in my list, and I don't know if it would have been in my top fifteen either.

I wonder if Wii Sports Club might have found more favour had it been a boxed release (or, at least, sensibly priced). NES Remix is another one - do we think we'd have made room for that had the voting in this thread taken place now?

NES Remix would have definitely made my list. As it is, my list featured 3 indie games - I doubt any of them will make the actual top 10. LOL.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 18:02

Crossing your palms with silver!

Second Place:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 18:27

While I preferred NSMBU (just), I hate the limbless one with a passion, so that needs to be factored in. Also real-life Rayman is ridiculous and terrifying. (And not terribly NSFW: I hoped thought it was going to be steamy Rayman-on-Globox action! Shocked )

Top one has to be P3. I can't see ZombiU getting first place over it and SM3DW and RL.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 18:37

Not going to lie I thought Legends had it in the bag & I think balla may just be right about P3 taking the top spot which I'll be fine with. (Poor zombi U Sad)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 23:06

Yay hopefully no ZombiU to be seen , Number 1 has to be Pikmin 3 now I can't think of anything else worthy for number 1 spot.

Some great word's for Rayman Legends, i do think some are a bit over the top like best game ever or even best 2D platformer ever but then I don't really get Balla's hate towards origins or Rayman apart from the game being delayed. I can't see why you would have negatives really towards it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 23:35

In Origins, the general aesthetic of the game got on my nerves (sort of... organic in a rotting kind of way?), the music was variable (to put it nicely), and the much-lauded level design did nothing for me. Legends fixed those problems, but I still prefer the feel and ambience of Mario.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 23:50

I preferred legends over any recent 2D Mario and really any 2D platformer in yonks but still don't think it's up there with Mario Bros.3, Sonic 2, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Yoshi Island, Donkey Kong Country etc
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 2:09

Wow. Surprised how highly Rayman charted.
It didn't even make my list, which shows how many good Wii U games there are.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 4:24

Very happy with how high Legends charted. Let's hope Pikmin is top!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 6:04

masofdas wrote:
I preferred legends over any recent 2D Mario and really any 2D platformer in yonks but still don't think it's up there with Mario Bros.3, Sonic 2, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Yoshi Island, Donkey Kong Country etc

C'mon now I don't think folks comments were over the top at all, all those games you mentioned will no doubt be labeled classics to most people but I think the level design in Legends tops most of them.

So I'd personally have no problems putting it in the same bracket.

sonic can piss off though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next