We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread

Go down 
+13
masofdas
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
beemoh
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
ZeroJones
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 17 Dec 2013 - 21:59

I'm afraid I never was. Two of the Wii U games I've played were awful, but I felt I should include them somewhere, so they got put down the bottom. Another one was bad, but substantially better than those two; and another one was good, but substantially worse than my top two.

...I feel like I've let you down now by being serious. Sad 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 0:57

The_Jaster wrote:
Also Mas & smurf, wind waker is really your best on wii U so far? Really? Now don't get me wrong WW is a fun Zelda game but to place it above other games that utilise the system better (IMO) is just sheer lunacy.  Cuckoo 
A part of me didn't want to but it's just that good for me and it did genuinely feel new, a combination of not having played it for a while and the Wii U features probably did it. I think if I were to recommend some games to go with the Wii U to a new owner, this would be the first game in that list.

Lego City is an utter joy to play, as Cap has said, Frank Honey is a brilliant character and I'd love him to get some sort of side story or something but outside of Honey and the humour Lego City has a lot going for it, probably up there with ZombiU as best use of the gamepad so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 1:26

I never picked up lcu but you guys might just have convinced me. And ww was a cracking game. I can't remember where I placed it but it was high!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 1:31

It helped get me through a tough period with the Wii U as well but definitely one of them games you'll get the urge to come back home to whilst you're out doing boring things in the real world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 5:31

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I really don't get the dislike for Nintendo Land as its very good at what it does especially in full on 5 player mode (which I sadly didn't get to experience that much) then we have 6th & 5th placed games which didn't make my list at all.

Also Mas & smurf, wind waker is really your best on wii U so far? Really? Now don't get me wrong WW is a fun Zelda game but to place it above other games that utilise the system better (IMO) is just sheer lunacy.  Cuckoo 

I thought we were voting for the best game we played on the Wii U, not the game that utilities the Wii U features.  That's a completely different question, ZombiU uses the Wii U features very well but is still a crap game (IMO). Super Mario 3D World barely uses the Wii U features but is a amazing game (IMO). So should I put something like ZombiU above something like SM3DW just because it use the consoles features better. Answer NO.

Also I've voted so far for 4 of the games. I can kinda guess 3 of the last 4.

Used as a example SM3DW not WWHD as I think WWHD actually does use the gamepad in some good ways but we know the game could be done with a normal controller and doesn't really need the gamepad.

Yes, we are voting for the best game on wii U & surely you have to consider all aspects of a game? So how said game(s) use the gamepad is a big thing (for me anyway) in fact most of my top 5 used the pad in interesting ways & was a key factor of why they're in the top positions.

Maybe it's just my inherent dislike for HD remakes but I just couldn't personally make that my top choice as it'd just feel like I was ignoring the newer experiences mostly because of nostalgia.

Also hope yer ready for Zombi U (at the very least) to be in the top 3 Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 6:07

Firsrtly: yes, Balla had his votes set out as he said and they went in exactly as he said.

Lastly: the criteria you use to set your votes is entirely up to you. For the record, my top choice is a fabulous game that makes great use of the GamePad... and is eleventh on the list, mostly because my ten points put it there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 11:22

I could see ZombiU being 4th but I can't look past Rayman, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World being top 3.

I did consider how the game uses the gamepad and how wind waker hd uses it is very good, if the Zelda U uses it in the same way then I'll be happy.

But in the end of the day I wait for the game I thought was the best to play at a game-play stand point.

I'm not a huge fan of HD remakes either but just shows how good the game is that it's my number 1 at the moment on the Wii U.

I could of put something newer at number 1 but because it's new doesn't make it better then a older game.

I bet if Balla was allowed to put Earthbound in his top 10 it be higher then quite a lot of these newer experiences and that's a 19 year old game.

A good game will always be a good game and that's what wind waker is.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 11:55

I'd completely forgotten Pikmin 3! Duh! That throws my guessed top four into disarray. I'd have thought NSMBU would make it in there, being a solid platformer that shows more imagination than its forebears. Intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 15:29

NSMBU didn't even cross my mind as being in the top 4 and I hope it isn't!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 17:12

It seems I've hit a nerve there, I wasn't saying WWHD is bad or even that newer equals better I was just stating that I don't see why it could be someone's number one wii U game that's all. [also wasn't earthbound rejected due to it being a virtual console game?]

I just strongly believe that wii U has better games than a GameCube reboot, anyhow I know we won't agree on it so I'm willing to draw a line under the discussion.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 17:21

More results? Are you sure? Oh, alright then...

Fourth Place:

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 18:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didn't finish my write-up! Very unprofessional. I apologise to those that saw my comment in its unfinished state!)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 17:39

I had my doubts that our fourth place was going to feature at all, but I was at least assured that it was sixth on my own top ten. Glad to see that other people here like it as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 17:54

The_Jaster wrote:
It seems I've hit a nerve there, I wasn't saying WWHD is bad or even that newer equals better I was just stating that I don't see why it could be someone's number one wii U game that's all. [also wasn't earthbound rejected due to it being a virtual console game?]

I just strongly believe that wii U has better games than a GameCube reboot, anyhow I know we won't agree on it so I'm willing to draw a line under the discussion.

Earthbound was dismissed due to it being a VC SNES game which we could of all imported at somepoint.

I still think Wind Waker HD is the best game on Wii U, and it's a great HD remake of the best zelda, gamecube and 6th gen game that's highly I rated wind waker as a game. So the Wii U to have something of the same standards in it's first year is just crazy. If we do a vote in 5 year's time like with the wii , I hope to see things like Zelda U at number 1 not a HD remake of one of the greatest games of time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 18:13

"is a..."?

I gave this one my first place. Granted, I haven't played SM3DW, and wouldn't have liked ZombiU or Pikmin 3 anyway, but it's still the best in its series and a solid platformer that's frequently a bit more than solid.

And while we're on the subject, this is for Andyman: Tongue 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 18:38

Balladeer wrote:
"is a..."?

For future reference, Balla is gently alluding to the fact that I put up my NSMBU comments in an unfinished state. Embarrassed This unfortunate administrative error has since been rectified. My unlimited apologies to y'all.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 18:50

Well I can't say I'm not surprised! It's a fair addition but as said in my comment I don't see it hanging around for long. If Zombi U places soon I fear one of the finest games has been totally robbed!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 19:09

I'm with the folks who weren't keen on NintendoLand, thought it was alright, too many meh minigames.

Liked what I played of LEGO City, need to go back to it at some point, can't grumble about it being listed.

Completely forgot to put Wind Waker in my top ten. Whoops!

Wasn't keen on New Super Mario Bros U if I'm honest. Probably down to me having seen enough 2D platformer come out over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 20:41

andyman949 wrote:
Well I can't say I'm not surprised! It's a fair addition but as said in my comment I don't see it hanging around for long. If Zombi U places soon I fear one of the finest games has been totally robbed!

Since yesterday I've had the feeling either pikmin 3 or Rayman will lose out but not because of zombi U but because of Mario 3d world.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 20:43

Mario 3D World I don't mind as it does sound like it deserves to be in the top 10 and will stay there for the gen (unless there are 9 mindblowing games coming).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 20:49

True, if I had to guess what the final 3 are it'd be zombi U, Rayman & Mario 3d world.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 20:57

On balance, I think I agree with Jas. I'm surprised by Pikmin 3 missing out, but surely all four of these have to be in the top eleven; and from what ZJ's said about his favourite (it working well with the Wii U), him not having played ZombiU to my knowledge, and that I simply can't imagine Legends failing to place, it has to be P3.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 21:01

What ever does miss out will be a shame as the mentioned games could easily slot into a top 5.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 23:08

The_Jaster wrote:
True, if I had to guess what the final 3 are it'd be zombi U, Rayman & Mario 3d world.

I'll be lynching folk if ZombiU is still to come and Pikmin 3 isn't.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 23:14

Need For Speed Most Wanted U hasn't been mentioned. I can't imagine that it didn't rank highly on the lists of those who've played it...

I can probably give up on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 making an appearance though. That's a shame: it's outstanding. To be fair, I'd describe all of the games in my top eight as outstanding. Ninth and tenth, while very good, aren't in the same league as Sonic Transformed in eighth, mind.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 0:37

Your all bonkers if ZombiU has some how been voted above Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World or Rayman Legends there game's along with Wind Waker HD make the Wii U worth owning not f'ing zombiu. But there could be a dark horse like TCK said need for speed could be it, I think quite a few of us played it and liked it. Sorry in advance to TCK.

I might of put Tekken as my dishonorable mention, surprisingly didn't put zombiu as you all know I think it's crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next