We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 14:29

Jimbob wrote:
it did get a bit tiresome on the ONM Podcast to essentially hear "Matthew you're rubbish" every 5 seconds.

I love that, not when they "bully" him but when matthew says something properly bizarre and the other two just react. Ie the stuff about his hair.

I'll probably grab the AVGN game even though it looks like something I'll literally never beat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:25

Talking about fighters Mortal Kombat X will have special guest character, anyone want to have a guess.

Here's some nice DANGANRONPA 2 Trailers.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 14:21

masofdas wrote:
Talking about fighters Mortal Kombat X will have special guest character, anyone want to have a guess.

PAC MAN
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 19:06

On this day 31 years ago, the famicom was launched in Japan.

Andrew House of Sony reckons a lot of PS4 buyers were Wii owners whom have matured that now wantt a all-round entertainment device for a family in addition to having great games. And that they have missed likes of last of us and the hd port of that is for them and guess old xbot's to enjoy not me or andy who's all ready played.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 22:28

Not buying that from Andrew House one bit, any of the current consoles can be an all round entertainment devices with the likes of netflix/amazon etc these days & while there will be some people who didn't experience TLoU I don't think there's nearly enough of them to warrant a port of a game that's just a year old.

It's nothing more than a quick cash grab until the the big releases appear, which reminds me that none of the big 3 seem to be able to time these games for launch day or at least close to it.

(side note: it will still sell though because too many folk buy into the hype)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 22:41

They've got got weird stats like 40% of PS4 owner's didn't own a PS3 and X% of that was just Wii.

Let's say that's true, that means 3.2m couldn't of played TLOU that seems a lot of possible sells there.

It's always been the same, 1st year not great only the dreamcast & cube had really good 1st years I think.  But PS4 did launch with one of the best launch titles there's been with only a few better like Super Mario 64 & that's Resogun.

Also House runs what ever of playstation,  that's sold 8million PS4'S and we are just some guys on a gaming forum,  I think he would know more than us about the industry.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 13:01

Nah you won't ever convince me on the TLoU thing.

masofdas wrote:
It's always been the same, 1st year not great only the dreamcast & cube had really good 1st years I think. But PS4 did launch with one of the best launch titles there's been with only a few better like Super Mario 64 & that's Resogun

Laughing what the fuck have you been smoking? PS4 launch in terms of games was worse than wii U.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 14:41

masofdas wrote:
But PS4 did launch with one of the best launch titles there's been with only a few better like Super Mario 64 & that's Resogun.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 Nw2Cg
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 21:07

What you been smoking they both had ports at launch but the PS4 did get superior versions in most cases with it's ports (let's all forget madden 14 & nba 14). So looking at the games only on the system at launch and resogun is best launch title of the 8th gen systems, what did the Wii U get yet another NEW how's it NEW Super Mario Bros and a awful (imo) survival horror or our we counting pikmin 3 as it was in the "launch window" of 6 months (would mean infamous counts as well).

I'm not saying resogun is in the same league as super mario 64 as a game in general but if we were doing a top 10 launch titles, they would most likely be on the same list.

PS4 Launch Titles that weren't ports:
Blacklight: Retribution, Console Exclusive
Contrast, Timed Exclusive
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Warframe, Console Exclusive

Wii U Launch Titles that weren't ports:
Chasing Aurora, Console Exclusive
Sports Connection
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
Funky Barn, Console Exclusive
Game Party Champions
Little Inferno, Console Exclusive
Nano Assault Neo
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Transformers: Prime, Console Exclusive
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 23:48

What do ports have to do with anything? I said "launch games" no matter how good Resogun actually is it's not a game to buy the system for or a game that even shows off the systems features that well.

Also weird that you put Blacklight & Warframe on your list as they were ported from the PC.  Laughing 

-----

If you put a Wii U with zombi U, NSMBU, nintendo land & a ps4 with Killzone, Knack & Resogun in front of me I'd bite your hand off for the wii U every time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 23:59

Wii U list has a ios game on it,  and game's also 3DS I'm on about consoles and reason I said only exclusive as who's buy a ps4 or wiiu to play COD for example they buy them for exclusive content.

To me out of your list at the bottom I would bite your hand of for the PS4 as resogun is that dam good and the WiiU selection there is a awful survival horror, a rehash and a tech demo.  I mainly bought my ps4 for the indie games that were shown for it at E3 2013 which would include resogun.

Actually it uses the light bar & speaker on the dual shock 4,  what other features you want it to show apart from the power of the ps4 and I sooner have games with gameplay like resogun then something that looks great without decent gameplay.

Sorry if I seem really down on the Wii U but seeing I spent £500+ at launch on mine and having since day one. I feel I'm entitled to my opinion on it compared to the other's, I say others as the Xbox One on paper looks like it had the best launch line up of exclusive content but quality might not be the best as even it's best title Forza 5 seemed like a rush job to have it at launch. But I just feel if someone said you can have any of the three 8 gen systems and all it's launch game the PS4 would be the hands down pick over the other 2.

If you wondering why buy a Wii U at launch then, I buy almost every system at launch especially Nintendo as I like Nintendo and after the disappointment which was the Wii. It was nice to go back to a more traditional ways to play with some innovation with the gamepad which nintendoland does do (still a tech demo), Pikmin 3 at launch (well window which ended up being 6 months) and knowing Nintendo would delivery which they did in the first year with likes of Super Mario 3D World now in stunning HD, you can see from our 1st year vote how it good it was and how much better it looks like compared to the PS4's & Xbox One's first year will be, they do have the advantage of 3rd party though such as Destiny & Dragon Age with both being GOTY contenders but just exclusive content though Wii U has been the best.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 9:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wii U clarifying)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 14:56

No where in my previous comments did I say you weren't entitled to your opinion on the wii U just as I'm entitled to think what ps4 had on offer at launch was really poor, again no idea why you brought up the fact it (wiiU) had an ios/3ds game on it as I clearly picked out 3 games from each system that everyone would've had their eye on depending on your preference & were exclusive as well.

masofdas wrote:
To me out of your list at the bottom I would bite your hand of for the PS4 as resogun is that dam good and the WiiU selection there is a awful survival horror, a rehash and a tech demo.  I mainly bought my ps4 for the indie games that were shown for it at E3 2013 which would include resogun.

That's a ridiculously harsh thing to say about all 3 wii U games, I know zombi U was a chalk/cheese type of game for most & I'm not saying its the greatest game ever (though it was my favourite wii U game for a long time) but its the one launch game that nailed the two screen experience that not many have got close to (even Nintendo) since, I honestly think folk mostly got put off by its difficulty as the modern gamer isn't used to dying in that way & legitimately being punished for it. (Too used to inifite respawns etc)

NSMBU was great fun and easily the best out of the "New" Mario series, calling Nintendo land a "tech demo" really grinds my gears though this is a tech demo NL is a mini game compilation that's great fun especially in multiplayer.

Out of the ps4 owners I've spoken to you're the only one I've seen say how great it's launch was, it's just mind boggling to me especially when media opinion/reviews etc doesn't help back up what your saying but each to their own I guess.

(side note: yes I read all of your post but this what I wanted to specifically reply to)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 17:03

You said I put PC games down on PS4 which I did but also put iOS & 3DS games down on Wii U list.

Yeah it is a very good NEW mario game but did we need another one so soon after 2 on 3DS, and nintendoland did show of the wi u well know denying that but that's all it did.

I'm not saying it's great I'm saying it has one outstanding game resogun (84 on meta, which is the joint highest reviewed launch title that's an exclusive, tied with mario) and had a better line up overall with games I wanted to play and enjoyed playing, not so much on the Wii U till Pikimn 3. But if you compare it to past launch line ups be it dreamcast (which I think was the best), cube, og xbox maybe even 360 it's rubbish.

But off this to news Microsoft to lay off 18,000 staff members, mainly from NOKIA but there will be some from the xbox division.

The Destiny BETA won't be in 1080p on Xbox One but they hope to have it in 1080p when it releases .

The hacker behind the ps3 hack a few years ago now, now works for google and there security.

Homefront Revolution news, nearly all crytek uk have walled out / stopped working as they've not been paid but deep silver might step in and save the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 17:05

I've played Resogun and I'd class it in the same category as Geometry Wars - a nice curio, bit of fun for fifteen to twenty minutes at a time but if you're classing it as being "the best launch title", I'm going to continue posting .gifs of people laughing.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 Laughing-GIF
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 17:14

Well reviews don't lie for it either as it's the joint highest rated exclusive launch content and one of funniest games of 2013 (it would of be 11 on my top games of 2013) , actually I would say Flower was the best launch title but that was on PS3.

If you listen to IGN a lot even Colin on there who I've got similar game tests as always says it's the best PS4 title even now.

So keep posting GIFs of people laughing as it's the best exclusive 8th gen launch title (ONE, PS4, Wii U), by a country mile IMO. I'm not saying all time as that goes to Super Mario 64, then Halo most likely second then things like SoulCalibur right up there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 17:47

This small article that I found sums up how I feel about the PS4 launch period.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/11/14/ps4-has-a-games-problem/

Especially this part:

Forbes wrote:
Resogun and Contrast are perfectly enjoyable downloadable titles that, while pretty, don’t quite justify the $400.

EDIT: I felt NSMB2 on 3ds was a mistake which is why I didn't buy it as I knew about Mario U & decided to wait for that instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 17:52

Depends on what you want, I now prefer Indies then AAA and PS4 the best place (apart from PC yes jay) for them. I would even be tempted to pick up a ONE again for Ori & The Blind Forest.

But what he says at the start is right about rare any have that great of launch, I'm just saying it's the best of a bad bunch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 18:04

I'm generally more excited for indie games too these days but I'm not going to pick up a console for those alone, and yes a knockout launch is rare but for me ps4 didn't have anything that wasn't possible on previous gen from a general game play/concept perspective which he points out with this:

Quote :
"you buy them to play games that simply wouldn’t have been possible on older technology — games that justify our constant march towards the future with awe-inspiring new experiences."

That's why zombi U was a stand out for me as you couldn't experience it the same way on any other system other than wii U.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 18:07

Yeah I feel the same but replace ZombiU with Resogun likely could of been done on PS3 but still.

But what he point's out is even rarer as you look at the past gens only a few mainly Super Mario 64 couldn't be done on a previous gen,.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Jul 2014 - 10:38

It's NPD time

Wii U sales were up in June 233% with the first 6 months being up 48% compared to 2013 with software also being up 373% for June and 129% for the first 6 months.

Mario Kart 8 sold 470,000 physical and download copies in the US in June, taking its lifetime sales in the country to 885,000 units. The Tomodachi Life figure was given as 175,000 US sales in stores and through the eShop.

It's estimated the 3DS sold 150k which was up on May by 55% but likely to be down though from last June (Animal Crossing came out) & the Wii U did 140k

Overall hardware sales were up from June 2013 by 106% but software was down but overall with other things like controllers the industry was up by 24% on June 2013.

The top selling software for the month, with SKU's it best selling to worse selling.
1. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) This was actually the best selling game on a individual SKU basis.
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
5. FIFA 14 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
6. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
9. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)

The PS4 was the best selling console for the 6 month in a row and the playstation brand (So all three systems added together) was also the best selling.

This was the first time the kinect-less xbox one was on sale, which helped the console double May's sale but still not enough to top Sony.

If you combine the PS4&ONE they sold 80% more then the PS3&360 combined.

More on the Microsoft lay-offs the entertainment division of Xbox will be gone but Halo TV isn't affected.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Jul 2014 - 1:23

Some amazing news.
Seems Nintendo is doing another Treehouse Live style streaming event on Twitch during the San Diego Comic Con - that's next weekend - 25-26 July.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/490284918610489346

I loved Treehouse Live so this is awesome. Hope we can all make the Skype chat again.

EDIT: Facebook update: " Super Smash Bros. will be at San Diego Comic-Con in full force! Join us for the first-ever Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, tips and tricks live-streamed straight from the show floor and even a few special surprises. http://spr.ly/6183lYOc. "

https://www.facebook.com/224173137756374/photos/a.266600980180256.1073741830.224173137756374/300089866831367/?type=1

EDIT 2: Seems it will be called Nintendo Challenge Live.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/IQxkisotdxmRizGl8NwnfvsH53CZq7tH
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Jul 2014 - 8:13

I loved Treehouse too, but... well, by the end of it I thought that it had dragged on. I think I said in Admintendo that I'd have been happy with one less day of it. I can only watch so many Splatoon death-matches before I start to criticise the depth of the game.

I'm dubious about this, therefore.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Jul 2014 - 9:25

That's cool, I feel it will be a lot of the same as SDCC isn't really a place to announce anything maybe a character for SMASH but would be nice to see how the 3DS holds up at tournament level.

But seeing there doing this for SDCC gives me great hope they'll do something for gamescom.

Some News a American TV Network had a piece on there news section about children in war, they used a screenshot from MGSV: The Phantom Pain  Duh! 

This one is Fronk, a new trailer for a very Japanese PS4 exclusive.

Naughty Dog, Think a HD collection of The Uncharted Trilogy for PS4 would be cool. Summer 2015 anyone?

The Evil Within will now becoming out a week early on Oct 17th, Good Luck with that.

Japan get yet another special edition PS4, this time to go long side the Frozen edition a Last of Us edition which looks awful.

Korea's age board have leaked that Unfinished Swan is coming to PS4 & VITA and rumours now going around it will be cross-buy, so great for free as I bought on PS3 but never actually played much of it.

More on Microsoft's lay-offs, it seems the UK Branch of Xbox EMEA could be pretty much gone as 75% of employees to be laid off with rest having to reapply for any positions that are left.

EA have delayed Battlefield: Hardline to Q1 2015, I would think this has been done to avoid COD but now will be out same time as Witcher 3, The Order 1866, Bloodborne, Batman to name just a few. The other which I am disappointed about is Dragon Age Inquisition which has been delayed by a month I think this is to give it the spotlight in November as only really COD which is complete different genre & pokemon which is of course only on 3DS. But the good thing about that is gives me a chance to look at some of the maybe games in Oct such as Alien: Isolation.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 1:45

The Nintendo Challenge Live stream seems to start at 7:30PM on Friday, UK time. That of course means it will end at some ungodly hour like 4-5AM.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 18:45

That's why I'm hoping for a similar thing at gamescom only problem then it be 9am - 7pm and most of us will be at work during it.

The PS4 will finally be getting 3D Blu Ray support in it's next update 1.75 making it the only one of the three 8th gen consoles to offer this feature, now for 4k Sony.

More ports this time Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed will be getting ported over from the PS3/VITA to PS4 sometime this year in North America at least but seems the PS4 is finally seeing some niche Japanese titles with this and the one in a few post's back.

Sonic BOOM has a launch date in NA at least with the 3DS version coming first on Nov 11th then the Wii U one coming on the 18th.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next