We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition

Go down 
+14
flora-chan
oldschool
Vidofnir
shanks
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Athrun888
JayMoyles
beemoh
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 9:49

You say that Athrun but I saw some compassion things on twitter and it didn't look that much different to me of course that's neither game running.

But the game is quite old now & SD that it might just not look good.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 10:50

Xeno is a funny one, it looks great because it has amazing views, however up close everything looked pretty alright-naff. I was fortunate enough to play the game on an SD TV myself so I did have that to help make it look a bit nicer.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 20:15

Saw a trailer for this and well I don't go much on the voice acting
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 22:56

The English voice acting seemed totally out of place to me when I played it but thankfully I could switch it to the Japanese one, Xord especially sounds a lot more evil that way as well.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 18:23

I loved the voice acting! It felt nice and personalised to a GB market. They had some talented people on the job also, go look em up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 18:26

Jas clearly wasn't REALLY FEELING IT!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 21:25

Vidofnir wrote:
I loved the voice acting! It felt nice and personalised to a GB market. They had some talented people on the job also, go look em up.

Not saying they didn't give good performances I just felt it didn't fit that well within the games world.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 0:11

But what if I wanted Australian voices.. Actually if it was the stereotypical accent that would be kinda cool
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 0:30

shanks wrote:
But what if I wanted Australian voices.. Actually if it was the stereotypical accent that would be kinda cool  

After listening to the bogan Australian accents in Final Fantasy XIII, I could live without a local accent thanks. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 7:31

The only thing that ever bothered me about final fantasy 13's acting was the orgasmic cries of vanille every time she did anything in battle.  Although I do think they exaggerated the accents of her and Fang just a wee bit too much.

On the note of xenoblade's acting, I liked it myself with the exception of Xord, who felt too cartoony for me to take seriously.  Not that I think there was anything wrong with the acting mind you, I just feel the way they went about it cast Xord in a light that made it impossible for me to take him seriously.  Now Metal Face on the other hand. . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 9:13

Athrun888 wrote:
Not that I think there was anything wrong with the acting mind you, I just feel the way they went about it cast Xord in a light that made it impossible for me to take him seriously.

That was the turning point for me, I couldn't help but feel the English voice didn't match the way he looked and considering.....

minor spoiler:
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 9:50

Athrun888 wrote:
The only thing that ever bothered me about final fantasy 13's acting was the orgasmic cries of vanille every time she did anything in battle.  Although I do think they exaggerated the accents of her and Fang just a wee bit too much.

Oh yes, I remember that, very uncomfortable playing it with my teenage daughters around, passing comment on how she seemed to be having some kind of sexual experience. Naughty

On Xenoblade, I love the English accents, but I also believe they could have done it better, with less over the top ones, maybe more classic English accents.. "What a bunch of jokers' can wear you out after a few hours of it. However, it could have been worse, all done in Essex, Yorkshire or Cornish accents, how bad would that be? Come on gentleman, I am sure you know some English accents you hate. Whistle

I personally want to hear more European English accents in games, make the different groups of people French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, German et cetera. There are plenty of people from those countries that could do the job surely? Even go into Asia for the right character. That is what I want to hear more of, not generic American ones that seem out of place in Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:04

Glaswegian. Laughing Utterly incomprehensible to >80% of British players. I wouldn't mind a few regional accents, so long as they're done well: I can see Xord, the former blacksmith, with a Yorkshire accent.

Anyway, I had the whole thing in Japanese, which also prevented me from getting bored with "Reyn time!"
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:56

That'd be hilarious if all the High entia had Glaswegian accents.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 13:23

Here's a New 3DS/Wii comparison video. Some early-game plot spoilers here.

I'm surprised by how decent it looked - some obvious texture quality drops here and there, but nothing too jarring. I'd like to see some actual gameplay as opposed to cutscenes, as I remember the framerate was pretty sub-par during the battles on the reveal trailer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 17:52

That looks perfectly acceptable to me and I'm more likely to play the game looking like that on a handheld then looking that on a TV.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 19:23

masofdas wrote:
That looks perfectly acceptable to me and I'm more likely to play the game looking like that on a handheld then looking that on a TV.

I'd be very wary of that video though - it's a cut scene, and it's not in the most visually arresting of areas. When it comes to the sweeping vistas and breathtaking views Xenoblade throws at you, I'm not sure it'll translate to handheld. I'd love to be proven wrong though. I'm just very skeptical of this port.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 8:03

The cutscenes themselves were suffering problems when they first revealed it way back, so seeing those problems gone makes me suspect they've fixed most of the performance issues. There'll still be some I imagine, but then the Wii version also had areas it started to drop frames as well so it's just one of those things one lives with as long as it isn't constant.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 21:41

the best game on the wii and than sends a remake for it to the new 3DS, I can see why they wanna do this so people can be interested in the new 3DS it's pretty easy to see that. Laughing it would work like a treat who were nintendo fans of the Wii or wants to try it.

I am not buying the new 3DS just for the sake of this game well I can play it on the Wii but fair enough for people who are really interested of playing the handheld version instead of the big screen. The bigger the better with this really personally but that my opinion. Whistle

Not fair for people who wants to try it on the 3DS or 2DS as it's in the same family but since they upgraded the New 3DS they can and will with it but wouldn't care for the older versions. Like saying nope! you even sell your old console or do without - harsh! Thumbs Down...

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 9:28

Welcome to the forum, Flora! Smile Here are some threads you might want to use:
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t3-welcome-introduce-yourself
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t10-gnamer-personality-profile
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t221-gnamer-personality-profile-two

And yes, pretty much agree with you. I just don't think it'll have the same sense of "epic" that XC gave us on a full-size television; and I'm still not buying a New 3DS. Nope.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 20:20

Balladeer wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Flora! Smile Here are some threads you might want to use:
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t3-welcome-introduce-yourself
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t10-gnamer-personality-profile
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t221-gnamer-personality-profile-two

And yes, pretty much agree with you.  I just don't think it'll have the same sense of "epic" that XC gave us on a full-size television; and I'm still not buying a New 3DS.  Nope.

Thank you~! Grin

yeah I have done all the threads for you and anyone else that interested Thumbs Up!

I am not sure about this new 3DS as I have not try it myself in a store yet but not a fan of 3D so I would not buy it.
it's good for people who are really interested in the full 3D angles and better pixels etc? But if it's not people's interest than there no point of it.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:47

I've always been a big fan of the 3D, but that's probably because it works fine for me on my current 3DS.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:34

I only use the 3D if it really enhances a game - Link Between Worlds is great for it, but I don't play with it on for Fire Emblem or Pokemon. I reckon Xenoblade will benefit from the 3D effect though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:41

I never used the 3D before I got my N3DS as it was awful unless I kept still but the 3D wasn't the reason I got a N3DS it was the faster loading times / downloading games, the new control methods and of course the possibility of exclusives such as Xenoblade.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:58

I thought I'd use the 3D more with buying a New 3DS, but no. As I'm a glasses-wearer, the facial position recognition doodad has trouble recognising me, so there's more ghosting than there ever was on the original. Aww!

Back on topic, I'm torn about getting this. My 3DS sees far more playtime than my Wii U and my progress on Xenoblade Chronicles is like half a drop in the ocean... I could easily start again and almost certainly get further. Hmmm... Eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next