We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 18:10

I liked the two big new games, and the two wii u ports, and I'm well into pokemon obviously.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 18:40

I'm well game for Yoshi's Wooly World on 3DS, and Ever Oasis had me interested, although if it launches anywhere near to Breath of the Wild (assuming the NX does indeed come out when stated...) then it might not see a look as it did look a bit Zeldaesque at points.

It does make me wonder how the 3DS is factoring into their future plans - they don't seem like they're finishing up with the console quite just yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 18:46

JayMoyles wrote:
It does make me wonder how the 3DS is factoring into their future plans - they don't seem like they're finishing up with the console quite just yet.

I see a lot of people saying that, but in first party software we have ports, Marios party and sports, and eShop goodies. It feels like the big teams are working elsewhere. Plus, Nintendo do have a history of overlapping a little more with handhelds. The GBA and the DS were still fairly popular right up to the releases of their successors.

The only anomaly is Pikmin.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 18:51

Hmn, that's a fair point actually. And even Pikmin 3DS doesn't quite seem like a mainline Pikmin game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 19:21

Also Nintendo have to have something to come out over the 6 or 7 months to keep fans, as I know from the past when SEGA had nothing between the Saturn and Dreamcast the fans went elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 20:06

I read on Twitter that Nintendo intend to support the 3DS into 2018. That might not pan out if the NX takes off, natch...

Anyway, that was the first Direct I've ever watched live with the sound up. Embarrassed And I call myself an admin for the best Nintendo forum out there! 'Safe' has been said a couple of times already and, yes, got to agree with that. On the other hand, I've been thinking the 3DS should have some sort of Super Mario Maker Player for a few months now, so glad that's happening. Mario Sports Superstars could be a very fine piece of software if everything holds up and has enough modes. The Pikmin game reminded me of Kirby Mass Attack in the best way. I'm liking the look of Ever Oasis the more I see of it and, finally, you can never have enough Poochy. That game is a sore temptation, even though I left Yoshi's Woolly World with a sad taste in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 20:12

Yeah as they said the same about GBA & DS, and the GBA went on for a good while but the DS did come the priority quickly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 20:52

Nobody's mentioned the best thing from the Direct yet:

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 Large

Poochy anime! Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 20:58

They mentioned those will be included with the game to watch, didn't they? Bonus points if they include them as unlockables - that'd be a lovely reward for tracking down collectibles.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:23

That is really tempting. I don't want to play Woolly World again - I 100%-ed the first lot; that's enough. But Poochy is the frickin' best. I think I want that Amiibo a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 22:46

I only seen half of the direct but I did like the look of what I saw, Rhythm Paradise megamix (the demo is ace!), Pikmin 3ds, Mario sports superstars all get the Thumbs Up! from me.

LumBEARJack > Poochy

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 RhythmHeavenMegaMixReviewSPOT1
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 0:22

I was sold as soon as Mario Maker came up, I kinda can't wait to sit at work and make some more courses. Then Yoshi came about which is also cool as didn't finish the Wii U version
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 3:28

Downloaded Picross 3D and all the StreetPass games and I must have all the Amiibo, they really know how to push my buttons. All in all it's pretty much what I expected it to be, a recap of what we've seen and a few nice but not amazing surprises in there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 5:50

I've been hearing that Mario Maker will have its internet course sharing removed. Can't say I see any point to the game if they're removing the single most viable method of sharing courses in every country besides "everyonehasa3DS" Japan. Such a typical move of Nintendo's though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 8:09

Picross 3D 2! That was another brilliant thing wot got dated! Grin Ah happy days.

The_Jaster wrote:
LumBEARJack > Poochy

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 RhythmHeavenMegaMixReviewSPOT1

Controversial! And he's a wolf isn't he?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 12:26

Looks more like a Hypno to me...
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 12:42

Pretty good direct which got me excited about owning a DS again. Definitely a couple of games on my radar now, but the Mario sports mini-game package in particular caught my eye. Not because I think it'll be a helluva great game, but because it has been so long since football has had a good arcade game. Definitely one I'll keep an eye on among the other larger announcements.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 13:41

As much as I love the WiiU version of the game I can't see myself picking up the 3ds version of Mario Maker, taking away the ability to search for any course made on the U and leaving out the online uploads seems to defeat the purpose of the game. I understand they don't want to spend money on ever bigger servers but it just seems a bit... pointless.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 15:19

Poochy & Balladeer wrote:
Picross 3D 2!  That was another brilliant thing wot got dated! Grin Ah happy days.

The_Jaster wrote:
LumBEARJack > Poochy

Controversial!  And he's a wolf isn't he?  

The game says he's a bear & he definitely looks a bit weird.

NintenDUCK wrote:
As much as I love the WiiU version of the game I can't see myself picking up the 3ds version of Mario Maker, taking away the ability to search for any course made on the U and leaving out the online uploads seems to defeat the purpose of the game. I understand they don't want to spend money on ever bigger servers but it just seems a bit... pointless.

This has to be down to memory issues rather that servers, doesn't it? Also seems like you could still get lots of levels through local sharing if you A) know plenty folk with the game & B) get plenty of streetpass hits from wifi hotspots.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 19:51

#TeamBear
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 12:22

I thought it was a decent Direct given it was just for the 3DS. It does surprise me a little that there is nothing for the Wii-U this Christmas, given the Zelda delay. Paper Mario in October doesn't count really. In fact, the Mario Sports title for the 3DS looks like a bit of recycling - the Baseball, Soccer, Golf and Tennis were all titles on Gamecube, and the Horse Racing was on the recent Olympics title. It didn't really look like a new title.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 19:05

Yay someone agrees with me on the Mario Sports game.

Well I think the direct basically confirmed Wii U is dead when they have one game coming for it within the next 4 months at least maybe even longer if nothing else in till Zelda.

Unless you don't own another system and you like nindies or missed stuff like Pikmin 3 to pick up as a select game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 19:24

The Wii U is a tricky thing to sell at the moment. That it was a 3DS Direct rather than a Nintendo Direct speaks volumes about the way Ninty are seeing its future. That said, they still mentioned Breath of the Wild (though that is an NX game too, of course). Unless there's something that's not been announced that's coming out before the end of the year, you can sign off on it, I reckon. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 19:29

Well there not even trying to sell it, the forecast is 800k for the year worldwide.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 21:50

I don't expect Nintendo to start shifting Wii-U consoles over Christmas, but it's a little odd that they aren't giving those faithful Nintendo customers who DID buy a Wii-U, something to play/buy between November and March. This is why the Wii-U sorely needed titles like 1080, Wave Race, F-Zero, Battalion Wars etc. Not big adventure games, but still fully fledged titles that aren't HD remakes. Then again, last year's Xmas game was Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next