We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps

Go down 
+12
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Jimbob
fronkhead
MatthewNG
The_Jaster
Zaphod_B
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 12:42

From your point of view, at least IS didn't get in!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 21:00

Taken the unusual (?) step of listening to TRP 23 before TRP 22 (23 is shorter). Political games was an interesting one; I would have had nothing for that, had I known it was that... Embarrassed User-generated content-y games, eh? *strokes trimmed beard thoughtfully* I've only got three, off the top of my head...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 19:07

TRP 24 has been up for quite a while, and it's got the return of Predict-O-Names! The game about Chibi-Robo extracting kidneys from people is gold. Laughing

Anyway, let's have a little vote. Make a Predict-O-Name for a Chibi Robo game, and on Saturday I'll put 'em into a poll!

My offering: Chibi-Robo: Icicle Hen. The Icicle Hen has frozen Chibi's home! Use his toothbrush, plug, and blowtorch to defrost a way to the upstairs. Get David Wise to do the music.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 19:52

Chibi Robo: Hated Claw

In the style of Evil Dead 2, Chibi Robo's hand (or equivalent) goes on a killing spree. Chibi must tidy up the offal that the Hated Claw leaves in its tracks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 20:20

Also, a grudging "well done" to Jimbob for getting Repton 3 mentioned. (slow clap)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 20:25

Chibi Robo: Hugely Onich

Chibi-Robo goes to help out the residents of the well-known* village on the west coast of Scotland. And of course it's hugely Onich - Chibi's only a little fella, after all.

*I had to look it up - sorry
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 20:41

Chibi Robo: KFC Slide

Taking in-game product placement to the absolute limit, Chibi Robo explores the children's play area of a particularly big KFC. Traverse the ball pit, avoid greasy chicken hands and eventually summit... the KFC Slide!

In other news, my phone is terrible for predict-o-names.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 1:56

Chibi Robo: Athletes Cholesterol

Follow Chibi as he makes his way around the Olympic village in a desperate struggle to surround the athletes with well over 5 foods or drinks that help lower cholesterol including Olive Oil, Green Tea, Nuts and returning character to the series, Red Wine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 9:28

Poll is up! Please don't vote for your own suggestion, natch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 9:36

Oh, are we out of time on adding suggestions? My phone and I have just come up with

Chibi Robo: Cuddling Fishbowl

In which our tiny metallic hero risks life and limb to solve the problems of a group of fish in a pet shop. Dealing with hope, loss and lack of hygiene alike, can the Chibi chappy make everyone happy before he himself rusts away?

~~~

I managed to catch up with #22 last night and learned this: no-one must say anything during Jam With The Band. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 9:37

Just snuck in, Zero! But that's the cut-off.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 17:10

Episode 25 is up!

...I don't care what the verdict is, I'm going to suggest Nightfire for each and every subsequent Space Ark. Even Cooking Mama games.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 9:58

Balladeer wrote:
Also, a grudging "well done" to Jimbob for getting Repton 3 mentioned.  (slow clap)
I could've actually put it down as a serious suggestion as well Hissy fit
Even I'm sick of this joke now. I'll only vote for it if there's actually a genre that fits it, I promise.
I didn't vote in the Bond game list, because (a) Goldeneye, duh, and (b) I won the Wii Goldeneye in NGamer's competition, and didn't have the heart to say "sry, ur prize suckd" to Greener and Castle.

I've voted for my Chibi-Game; but I'll say that they're all brilliant Grin .
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 17:13

Episode 26

Another fun one. Can we get Bloomy Scrumpler added to the GNamer ranks?

You get less of the #bantz features these days; just what-I've-been-playing, one joke feature, then Space Ark, but I feel they've built up enough of a rapport that they don't need to force the comedy any more. I found myself laughing a lot this week. And most importantly, I was described as "Friend of the show Luke Summerhayes". Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 17:15

That's a question I shall pose to Dr. Jones, but the answer will likely be "yes"!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 17:27

How on earth did you work your way up to friend of the show status? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 17:30

Also, congratulations to Smurf for his top-class Predict-o-Name. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 17:37

andyman949 wrote:
How on earth did you work your way up to friend of the show status? Laughing

Regular contact with them and the rest of the UK gaming podcast scene, I suppose? I also sent them that picture of Snakeskin Jake: Assertive Rake back at the start. I think it's fair to say all of the old NGamer crew on here are "friends of the show".
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 21:33

I am so behind on this podcast, I think when I'm playing my ML in PES I shall be throwing these on.

(I put the blame entirely on bitsocket & videogamer podcasts)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 18:36

Drunkalilly wrote:
You get less of the #bantz features these days; just what-I've-been-playing, one joke feature, then Space Ark, but I feel they've built up enough of a rapport that they don't need to force the comedy any more. I found myself laughing a lot this week.

Interesting you say that - I had a rare occasion of being bored this podcast. It was when Matthew was waffling on about Halo 5, not making jokes, just describing gameplay mechanics. Gauging the tone of your gaming discussions so that you appeal both to people who have played the game and people who have no interest in it at all is tough, it's true, but TRP manage it most of the time.

But then they got onto launch shows and Predict-O-Names and I was giggling in the street again. WWBP remains my least favourite segment, though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 19:31

I think that's quite a personal thing; I generally don't mind when the podcasts I listen to talk about games I've not played or won't be playing. I like getting an overview of the game and the opinions of people I tend to agree with, or at least people whose opinions I'm familiar with. I'd also wager that Matthew was assuming most of his audience were at least familiar with the Halo series a little, which is probably fair of 90%.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 9:21

Hm, really?  A podcast run by three ex-NGamer-ers, over an era where Sony has been on top of MS for all but (arguably) the last generation?  Maybe 90% would have played it a couple of times, but I doubt that all of those would be invested enough to want that sort of analysis.  

It's a moot point anyway - it happened, but I much preferred the rest of the podcast.  And as you say, that's a personal thing.

Incidentally, when did Matthew get so sweary? Afraid And when Kokotoni Wilf got into the Ark, I think I saw something else flying out into the lava instead - oh yes, there it is, the last shred of Space Ark's dignity. Tongue
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 16:20

I get where Drunka is coming from as Matthew is the main guy for OXM and has to play the systems biggest game & fans of that mag will likely listen to TRP, Halo is a huge series maybe one of the biggest exclusive series that there and the 360 was huge last gen in the UK that most of the UK public would of likely played a Halo at somepoint and maybe want to know should they get Halo 5 &/or a XBONE for it.

It would be the same I think if one of the others worked for OPM or something and in March talks about Uncharted 4 (they will likely will anyway) and Drunka will likely find that boring but as all of them seem to be multi-format guys that's what's going to happen.

On the actual cast I've missed about 4 weeks for some reason, I will try to listen to weeks ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 17:29

Balladeer wrote:
Incidentally, when did Matthew get so sweary?

I really enjoy sweary Matthew. It always makes me think of a schoolboy who's just reached the age where he can swear in front of his parents.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 20:46

I kinda feel like the parent. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next