We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall

Go down 
+6
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:38

It's not just liking the cute stuff!  (It's definitely partially liking the cute stuff. Embarrassed )  It's more the variety.  

Take your list: the original 151 Pokémon had, off the top of my head, four mice/rats (that looked nothing alike), four cats (one genetically engineered), three fish, four dinosaurs, four dragons (to the point where Lance struggled with his team), and one coconut tree - the latter in itself a sign of originality in design, although you can argue whether that's good or bad.  MHS can't even include a tiger without splicing it with a dinosaur.  

If you're a big dinosaur fan, or even just a big reptile fan, then MHS's monster selection delivers more.  But if you're more into birds, amphibians, mammals especially, arthropods (MHS has a few but they're mostly unhatchable), fish, or inanimate objects Embarrassed then it's lacking.  I love it when they do go full non-reptile: Arzuros, Boardrome, Zamtrios, Nescylla.  Qurupeco's bird enough for me to overlook the dragon-ness.  They just don't do it enough.

It's personal taste at the end of the day, natch.  And I do like cutemons.  Where's that fluffball thing in-game?  I wants it!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Oct 2017 - 16:11

Yeah I figured that might be the case.

Balla wrote:
Where's that fluffball thing in-game? I wants it!

A newly announced monster for MH world........that does make me wonder why they didn't give Stories it's own flagship monster bit of a missed opportunity there I feel.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 20:01

I suppose I have the opposite question for you, Jas: since you've enjoyed not only a JRPG, but a turn-based JRPG where you can't fully control your Monstie's moves, have you been at all tempted by the rest of the genre?

Meanwhile, plot is happening! Shocking developments! Word of advice: when you have the protagonist in a cage, sending them through the floor/out of the cage is stupid. Although monsters could have broken through the cage am pretty sure...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 1:37

Balladeer wrote:
I suppose I have the opposite question for you, Jas: since you've enjoyed not only a JRPG, but a turn-based JRPG where you can't fully control your Monstie's moves, have you been at all tempted by the rest of the genre?

Even though the battles mechanics is a big part of me not liking JRPG's another is the world/setting they usually have, most are anime/fantasy driven which I'm not that keen on so if they can do something there that interests me I'd be up for trying them. While it's no where near a JRPG I am actually super excited to try out the South Park game(s) this month.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:16

Far be it from me to point out that MHS is an anime-esque fantasy setting... Winky Face I kid: although MonHun's world is firmly fantastical, it's also usually in a very Western style, and I'm guessing that's how you can stand the more Easternised trappings of MHS. Anyway, I saw elsewhere that you'd played a good chunk of Xenoblade, so I can't criticise you for not trying. UNLIKE JAY
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:37

Every time it's brought up, I slot another game in my backlog in front of Xenoblade in my queue of games. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:44

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySat 7 Oct 2017 - 8:43

DoPo: I'm going to try and finish this this week. I've let it drift and it's starting to weigh on me. I've just defeated the joke baddie, although I remain sad...
Spoiler:
And I have all the hatchables up to that point apart from Blue Yian-Kut Ku which I can't be bothered with. Frogshark remains my favourite.

Do I have long to go, gents who have already experienced this? I want to polish it up, I have Metroid and Superstar Saga waiting for me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySat 7 Oct 2017 - 21:35

Sadly I've made no progress since my last update, so I've no idea Balla!

Blue Yian-Kut-Ku is in the first area, if I remember rightly, but the bugger is super rare.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 16:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
Of course I'm picking this up, I would literally kill a man who tried to stop me

He did not pick it up.
I just haven't had the time in my life for a big game like this, and certainly not one that drags me back to the 3DS. THAT SAID: in Japan, Capcom dropped a Smartphone version completely out of the blue. Gaijin Hunter says its a nice crisp upscale, and speculates it may come to Switch. I reckon if I ever play this properly, it'll be one of these two versions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 18:11

I reckon you'll enjoy it when you get around to it sir. It's a solid JRPG with your fave beasties in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 18:17

All decent mobile game's should get ported to Switch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 21:27

So this is my 3DS game of choice at the moment. Cool I’m slowly getting into it; learning the systems, learning the rhythms of battle. I am slightly tired of monster battling games where the monsters are hard to acquire, though - I am troubled by the image that all of the dev team believed that was a good idea. Still, fun up to press.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 16:25

Stories is great! I even have the amiibo of the main character riding rathalos.

I never got too much of the post-game done, but I did finish the main story, which was plenty of play time alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 Apr 2018 - 11:27

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Stories is great! I even have the amiibo of the main character riding rathalos.

I also have that Amiibo, thanks to my secret santa last year, though I'm yet to pick up the game. Still holding out for that Switch release . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:10

I'd be a wee bit surprised if this did make its way Switchwards, but graphically I reckon it'd look alright on Switch with a bit of sparkle and polish.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 2:23

I only say that as there was an HD version on mobile and tablet released in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6