We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall

Go down 
+6
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 16:38

I've seen no talk of the amiibo from Nintendo so if they aren't released alongside the game then I may give it a miss.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 20:02

My 3DS is floating around now for Ever Oasis, and might well be so into 2018 for Way of Sushido (seriously I'll buy it just for the music). So yep, I'll probably pick this up.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 23:27

New trailer:

There will also be a demo available on August 10th.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 0:10

Lots of 3DS demos these days. I've picked up from here that sometimes MH demos don't represent the final game all that well; hopefully this one will buck the trend.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 8:48

Monster Hunter demos don't show the whoe game because one hunnt doesn't represent the addictive gameplay loop of the whole game. In that sense, though, what demo is representative of the whole game? (Apart from Puyo Puyo Tetris, which has such a good demo I may never buy the game!)

On Stories, though, The Carve have just done an episode on that very subject with Gaijin Hunter himself, which I'm excited to listen to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:01

Can I say how nice it is to have a hero obviously overawed and in wonder at the world he's exploring?

Other than the voice acting (urgh), that trailer has me more pumped than I was. This could fall under the radar if I'm not intermittently reminded that it exists, but it did look good!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 0:21

Fun Fact: They completely made up a language for this game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 7:10

I thought they were speaking Japanese Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 8:41

Balladeer wrote:
Can I say how nice it is to have a hero obviously overawed and in wonder at the world he's exploring?

That was a really nice feeling, I'm with you there for sure. Also, the world seemed so open and freeing compared to the flat grids I'm used to playing Pokémon on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:36

Aye, after BotW any game without a feeling of verticality will be a little bit of a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 23:44

It's still shite that it looks like they won't be releasing the amiibo over here for this game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 9:22

Meh, the amiibo look like your standard-issue figuriney things. Unless they're fluffy, squishy, or posable, I don't mind missing out. I'm just glad that, considering the Double Cross furore, the west is getting the game! (And not being, erm, double-crossed by Capcom).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 9:52

You can remove the little rider characters that sit on top then mix & match with whatever others you may have, it's just annoying because in terms of quality they are easily the best looking amiibo IMO and I wouldn't mind having more detailed/affordable MH figures.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 14:03

They were on offer the other day on PlayAsia for £9.99 each and they've changed their posting as well now that it's much cheaper, I almost bought them myself as they look really nice but being a MonHan fan, I did decide against it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 13:45

Balladeer wrote:
Meh, the amiibo look like your standard-issue figuriney things.

That's all I want, some nice figurines of my favourite Nintendo stuff! Functionality is just a bonus. I'm definitely interested in Monster Hunter monster amiibos.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 23:19

Aw, this looks pretty fun actually! I'm really keen for a proper single player experience like this as most of the games I've been playing lately are multiplayer focused ventures. Plus, rideable Kut-Ku! Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 11:22

Jay wrote:
Plus, rideable Khezu! Love

Fixed that for ye. Winky Face

----

Oh forgot to mention that despite me being annoyed about there being no amiibo I'll still be trying out the demo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Aug 2017 - 21:28

DOUBLE POST! Razz

-----

So I've played the demo now (for 3 hours in fact Shocked ) and I quite like the turn based combat Shocked and I'm glad to say it's all wrapped up neatly in that classic monster hunter charm. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Aug 2017 - 23:00

I have just got past the character selection bit. The control I'd had up to that point reminded me of Ever Oasis, so I recreated my character from that: Tethina. I'm going to keep going tomorrow, because I've got the day off to wait for a cooker and washing machine to be delivered. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 10:42

I just managed to download this earlier this morning.
I miss being unemployed . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 21:01

The_Jaster wrote:
So I've played the demo now (for 3 hours in fact Shocked ) and I quite like the turn based combat Shocked and I'm glad to say it's all wrapped up neatly in that classic monster hunter charm. Thumbs Up!

Proof that Jas will enjoy literally anything with Monster Hunter on the front. Razz Coming soon: Monster Hunter Maid Café Simulator!

I'll not try the demo., but good to know that it plays gud.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 22:07

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Proof that Jas will enjoy literally anything with Monster Hunter on the front. Razz Coming soon: Monster Hunter Maid Café Simulator!

I'll not try the demo., but good to know that it plays gud.

Nah, the Monster Hunter MMO Frontier is a pile of shit, I've not played it of course but I trust the opinions of the people who have plus I only said that I like it & nothing more. It probably won't even be a day one buy either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 22:21

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Aug 2017 - 10:07

So I'm much further in than last time I posted in this here thread. It feels like I'm playing through the tutorial rather than any hand-picked levels or whatever, which is nice. Quite getting into it, too, such that it's moved up from 'No Way' to 'Definitely Maybe' on my sliding scale of gaming purchases. Far more of a turn-based combat man than our Jas, me. Still...

Spoiler:

Better yet, I understand you can transfer this progress to the full game. That's a fine thing. Cool

Long story short (or 'tl;dr', for you Internet types (i.e. all of us)), it's good enough to stop me playing DQVIII for even a single second. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Aug 2017 - 14:50

Zero wrote:
Better yet, I understand you can transfer this progress to the full game. That's a fine thing. Cool

You can indeed do that. Oh what monster (monstie) did you get from your second egg? I got an Aptonoth (which I named Alexander) as I just want to see if those first two are random or not. Also you can change weapons & armour like the mainline games though I'm not sure yet if those unlock over time in the village through playing or of you need to keep the monster carves you gain from battles to make them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next