We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall

Go down 
+6
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Aug 2017 - 20:20

Second... egg? I'll get back to you on that one. Embarrassed

And it'd be fitting if you had to craft your own weapons... right?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Aug 2017 - 22:04

Ahh my bad you made it seem like you were not far off of where I was but now I can't even remember if my second monster egg was from a main quest or not.

zero wrote:
And it'd be fitting if you had to craft your own weapons... right?

Yup! There is still an option at the smithy that is yet to be unlocked so perhaps it's for crafting.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 8:16

Here, guys: this is is really good. It plays like a Pokémon game or Digimon World, butif those games were actually made in the 21st century. Then it also has the fantastic world and monster designs from the Monster Hunter series.

The best bit is how, even though in this one you can befriend monsters, it doesn't take away the series' edge. It's made clear that being a rider requires a very special skill/ stone and requires a monster be raised from an egg, so it's not like everyone else in the monster hunter universe could be doing an Ash Ketchum but they're slaughtering monsters for the hell of it. Then,

early game, even in the demo, plot spoiler:

I am very optimistic about the full game now.

ZeroJones wrote:
I have just got past the character selection bit. The control I'd had up to that point reminded me of Ever Oasis, so I recreated my character from that: Tethina.

I created Visenya Targaryen; very pale blonde hair, purple eyes and a black and red outfit. When I have a suitably impressive dragon, I'll name it Vhagar. (My Velocidrome is called Yondu).
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 20:46

Right, the demo is downloaded. I'll play as much as I can and likely buy the real thing. That'll be both my main games of the moment on 3DS. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 17:42

@Jas: I can now confirm that Egg Two contained an Aptonoth. Thumbs Up!

@Drunka: really pleased to see you rate it so highly (said he, as if he had some part in developing the game Eh? ).

@Jay: Get. It. Played. Tongue
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 1:55

Zero wrote:
@Jas: I can now confirm that Egg Two contained an Aptonoth. Thumbs Up!

Upon using the google machine since I asked that question it appears the demo only had 5 monsters, Yian Kut-ku, Velocidrome, Arzuros, Aptonoth & the sub species version Kut-ku.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 23:33

This is pretty gosh darned brilliant, isn't it? I'm loving that the monsters have different abilities on the field and the battling is simple enough whilst still rewarding some knowledge about Monster Hunter as Jas was alluding to earlier. This is an easy buy for me now. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 0:20

Yes Jay! Grin I like that the production values are amazing, as well. I think I've decided to ask for it for Christmas. Father Christmas

None of those sentences really relate to each other. Embarrassed Still, it is late! Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 21:12

Demo version done... and preordered the main version! Well keen for this.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 12:50

I also finished up the demo last night & it has made me really want to get it on day one but that will depend on how much money I have in the old bank.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 2:18

Considering I also ordered all the amiibo for the game from PlayAsia prior to ordering the game, it's just as well I ended up really liking it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 9:29

This is really close isn't it? With Double Cross and now Mario + Rabbids keeping the Switch in use, I don't know if I'll be getting this or Metroid straight away.

(Narrator: he definitely will.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 9:36

If I were to get a 3DS game this year it be this but I'm in the same situation as Drunka with a bunch of games all at once and MHXX is not here yet.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 16:05

It's looking like I will have the money for this after all & what a way to break up my sessions of MHXX with another MH game. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 5:51

I've pre-ordered this now, so it had better be good.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 6:29

Oh my goodness! Shocked Have you played the demo? You can transfer all progress on said demo to the full game, so it's not wasted time, or anything. Also, it's good. Or, at least, I think it is.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:28

I think this is going to do gangbusters - it's a relatively easy sell to the Monster Hunter fans and the fact that it's tempted at least a couple of other folks here (I appreciate GNamer isn't the best for sample size) is a pretty darn good sign. I'm excited for this, more so than anything else coming out in September. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:53

ZeroJones wrote:
Oh my goodness! Shocked Have you played the demo? You can transfer all progress on said demo to the full game, so it's not wasted time, or anything. Also, it's good. Or, at least, I think it is.

I have not! Not much of one for demos., me. So I'm really chucking my eggs into the one basket, from the top of a skyscraper, and the basket's on a sleeping Hinox's tummy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 11:31

Seems the amiibo will work from this video from IGN which is in English and how I read the description is that the amiibo are only in Japan but will work on any 3DS and possibly any version of MonHan Stories.

More I see of the game, I'm more tempted to turn my 3DS on and at least try the demo.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 17:48

You could do worse, sir... I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 21:56

I'm super interested in this game, but I won't be buying it right away. There's too many damn videogames and I've got one of those stupid job things capitalism insists on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 23:00

I think it'd be a nice Christmas game and would serve as a fine stopgap before Monster Hunter World hits, so there's no harm in waiting. My preorder is already away and I'm expecting a delivery of a bunch of amiibo for the game anytime soon, so I'm all in on this!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 19:33

But it might quickly become a rarity in the UK if not many people buy it!  You can never be sure... Afraid

I don't know when I'll get around to playing it either, but it's nice to have the option. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 20:46

Considering that Nintendo are marketing this pretty heavily - well, for Nintendo at least - I don't think it'll be too tricky to come by. You should still be able to order it online at worst.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 20:49

Shh! I'm trying to justify my impulse buy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next