We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 15:33

If it had to be something Xenoblade then why not flesh out the first games roster in Smash bros? Anyone else such as Dunban, Mumkhar, Reyn or Fiora would have been infinitely better. She's definitely the weakest of the picks of the second volume of fighters if not the weakest of them all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 18:00

Conversely, why not pick someone from the second game? I disagree with any of those characters being more fun to play as, due primarily to the character-switching mechanism. As for more iconic, that's only because they've re-released 1 on pretty much everything. Sulk (I don't disagree with Pyra being a worse character than the ones you mentioned mind. Should've picked Nia.)

masofdas wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I'm willing to bet that Xenoblade 2 is twice the game any Kingdom Hearts is

That might be the funniest thing I've ever heard and top Nintendo series Lol!

You've given it a better recommendation than I ever could have, cheers Mas!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 18:19

I actually thought the character switching thing was a bit odd because when we had characters that had that mechanic before (Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS) they got rid of the ability to switch and just made them separate characters. I wonder why they've decided to go against that again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 18:25

I know they got rid of it because the 3DS couldn't handle it. I'm less sure why they didn't bring it back in Ultimate, apart from Pokémon Trainer. It's a fair point. Eh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 19:14

Balla wrote:
Conversely, why not pick someone from the second game? I disagree with any of those characters being more fun to play as, due primarily to the character-switching mechanism. As for more iconic, that's only because they've re-released 1 on pretty much everything.  Sulk  (I don't disagree with Pyra being a worse character than the ones you mentioned mind. Should've picked Nia.)

It just doesn't look like folk talk about XC2's characters in the same way as the first game from what I see, and it just seems like they are trying to fill a quota of putting something in from a recent release.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021 - 14:24

I'm with you on this Balla, I wanted it to at the least be a Nintendo character, maybe next can be 3rd party and the last another Nintendo one giving it an even split across the pass. I have no experience with the Xenoblade games so this could be an uninformed opinion but I'm sure a great deal of the series fans would have been pleased with this. They're never gonna please everyone with these inclusions but at the end of the day they're just optional extras in a game already boasting over 80 characters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 16:09

I knew you were a man of discernment Smurf.  Honestly I'd love to see some really deep Nintendo cuts for the last two, in the style of Piranha Plant: Dunsparce, say, or the lead character of the Famicom Detective Club games.  Not going to happen though.  

The_Jaster wrote:
It just doesn't look like folk talk about XC2's characters in the same way as the first game from what I see, and it just seems like they are trying to fill a quota of putting something in from a recent release.

Again, I think that's just because every bastard's played XC1.  I don't think its characters are all that great, and I definitely think XC2 has better ones.  (Pyra is not one such, granted.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 17:07

Then that only makes the pick even more strange for me then. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 18:25

At the same time she's one of the two main characters, and postergirl for the game.  

Basically: I agree with them putting an XC2 character in Smash since the franchise size and success merits two characters and I don't think either universe is bigger or better than the other; I think there was at least one better XC2 choice but I understand why they picked this one; she still looks she'll have something new and interesting.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 20:06

To be honest I think Pyra makes perfect sense when you consider the pre-direct charter over on Twitter.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 Screen25
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021 - 9:56

Treesmurf wrote:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 Screen25

Needless to say, I am both hungover and embarrassed. That is not the man I am.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 12:45

I really liked that Kazuya reveal. With Bandai Namco’s heavy involvement in the game, it’s surprising that there’s not been Tekken representation up until now. And while I’m not a Tekken nut, I liked the nod to the ending from the original game, and I’d forgotten about how good Kazuya’s boss theme is in the second game:

I think this just leaves us with one more DLC character to be announced? I don’t think it’s unfair to expect a big reveal to end this game’s development cycle on a high note…but any ideas who it might be?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 13:25

I haven't really played much Tekken, so it didn't spark much of a reaction in me, but the transformation between normal Kazuya and monster Kazuya looks fun. I'm hoping the last character will be one that isn't a fighter from a fighting game though, and have a character who has to fight in more unpredictable ways... Like Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton. Or a nonhuman character again - it's been a while since we got one of those.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 19:05

Yep, this is everything I don't like in a Smash character: Nontendo, from a fighting game, generic-looking dude, never heard of him.  At least anime swordsmen have swords!  His demon form is something at least, but there's no way I'll be investing in this and I'm very glad I didn't buy either season pass.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 20:29

I've never played Tekken, but I know who that lad is, and it's not a stupid Fire Emblem character, so I'm sold! I'll be honest, I'm still a bit disappointed it's not Solaire, given we got a blimmin' Amiibo - but I suppose that would be another sword person.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 1:53

Gotta end on Waluigi, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 16:24

NO LUKE, IT ENDS ON BONSLY COMING BACK
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Jun 2021 - 16:26

Muss wrote:
NO LUKE, IT ENDS ON BONSLY COMING BACK

This is me just learning this second that he isn't in Ultimate.

0/10, shite game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 20:20

Really? They can fuck the fuck off with that "Everyone is here" nonsense then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 15:42

Kazuya is great fun to play - the little touches like the Tekken hit effects and the announcer boldly stating "Kazuya... wins" after each victory is just another sign of how much love and care is put into each DLC character. I'd like that Tekken 3 Jin theme injected into my veins, please.

As for the final DLC character, I think it'll either be Waluigi - although I reckon he'd be better placed as one of the marquee newcomers for the eventual next Smash game - or a whopper crossover character. Somebody that even your old da knows, like Crash Bandicoot or something. Sakurai's mission statement of wanting this to be the biggest and most ambitious fighting game roster ever makes me think we'll get a huge announcement for the final character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyMon 4 Oct 2021 - 19:47

All this ‘let you imagination run wild’ chat that the official Smash Bros. Twitter feed is posting is only going to end in tears. One last time: who do folk want/not want to be revealed as the last DLC fighter?

I thought it was going to be Crash Bandicoot, with the logic being that Activision saying ‘you’ll have to wait just a little bit longer’ for 25th anniversary news last month, and because Crash Bandicoot was a really popular character again when Smash’s Fighter Pass 2’s roster was likely being put together and decided upon a couple of years ago.

Now I’m not so sure. I’d like it to be someone interesting, maybe like Master Chief or Kratos from God of War. Feel resigned to it being the lead character from Kingdom Hearts though.

Slightly spoiler-ish chat?:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 6:32

It absolutely will not be Sora because he has MICKEY MOUSE ON HIS CLOTHES AND THAT.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Wed 6 Oct 2021 - 13:01; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I spelled "Dizzy" like "Dizzee" then remembered that's Dizzee Rascall, not the egg)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 10:25

I just hope it's not Rayman or Crash. I'm sure any deal on Crash would have been done before Activision's sexual assault culture went public, but it would be a terrible look.

Having Master Chief would fit the Big Final Announcement thing and Cappa's spoiler.

It's not going to Waluigi. I will absolutely swear to it. He's already an assist trophy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 12:06

I've been less upset about this than Balla in the past, but I will say it shouldn't be Master Chief unless we're getting some form of Halo on Switch. At least when we got Cloud, FF had been on Nintendo consoles, even if his game hadn't.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 13:13

Imagine the fan reaction at Nintendo NY if it’s Dizzy Egg! Do you think the wee tadgers filming themselves on their phones would still be screaming and losing their minds, and jumping on top of each other in wee tadger celebration before then falling to their knees and thanking God with tears of pure happiness streaming down their wee tadger faces?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 30 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next