We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 14:52

I've unironically wanted to see the Chief turn up for the past few reveals, so I'd be well game for having him as the last DLC character.

I really don't think we'll be getting Sora due to the big Disney copywrite issue hovering his head, but I'm almost glad for that as I'd much rather have a somewhat interesting fighter from a design standpoint than a character that would inevitably end up playing like a Hero or Robin.

EDIT: Aw sonuvabitch
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 15:47

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 Sora-kingdom-hearts-screen-shot-kingdom-hearts-humor-wallpaper
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 16:36

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 Sketch12

Ah well. Onto Smash 6 wee man 💪
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 16:40

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 Dewayne-johnson-dwayne
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 16:59

I'd imagine they'd have had fewer licensing issues including the comedy walloper compared to Sora, so they've missed a trick there.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 18:01

Oh fuck, I can't believe they've done this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 13:01

I know a few people who are over the moon about Sora, and he was literally the most requested, so no complaints.
That said - when the fire burned out and then the ember was left I was 100% of the belief we were getting a Dark Souls character.

Buskalilly wrote:
It absolutely will not be Sora because he has MICKEY MOUSE ON HIS CLOTHES AND THAT.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 1p1tdx
iT aBSoluTElY wIlL nOt BE SoRa BecAUsE hE HAs MicKEy MOusE

JayMoyles wrote:
I really don't think we'll be getting Sora due to the big Disney copywrite issue hovering his head,
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 1p1tdx
i ReaLlY DonT tHiNk wELl bE gETtiNg SoRa dUe to THe BiG dIsnEY CoPyWrItE iSSuE

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Do you think the wee tadgers filming themselves on their phones would still be screaming and losing their minds, and jumping on top of each other in wee tadger celebration before then falling to their knees and thanking God with tears of pure happiness streaming down their wee tadger faces?
Yes.

JayMoyles wrote:
I've unironically wanted to see the Chief turn up for the past few reveals, so I'd be well game for having him as the last DLC character.
When he did the tight five on Doomguy and the history of FPS, I believed for a second!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 13:32

I was thinking about getting Smash but my kids are 6 and 3 and the game is PEGI 12. I don't usually let them play fighting games but they do play stuff like Runbow Arena mode. Is there anything else in the game besides the violent gameplay that makes it a 12?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 13:57

Buskalilly wrote:

i ReaLlY DonT tHiNk wELl bE gETtiNg SoRa dUe to THe BiG dIsnEY CoPyWrItE iSSuE

I don't know what deal Nintendo wrangled to get Disney to play ball but when even the lead developer of FFXIV (and a man on the board of directors at Square Enix no less) said not to expect any Kingdom Hearts crossovers due to the legal nightmare it would involve, I don't think I was wrong in thinking that'd cause barriers for Nintendo!

neil wrote:
I was thinking about getting Smash but my kids are 6 and 3 and the game is PEGI 12. I don't usually let them play fighting games but they do play stuff like Runbow Arena mode. Is there anything else in the game besides the violent gameplay that makes it a 12?

It's probably a 12 due to characters like Bayonetta and Joker having actual guns as part of the movesets. I can't think of any other reason as it's all pretty cartoony scrapping otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:02

Ending it on an anime swordsman. Can't think of anything more Smash. Laughing

I know that Sora was the most wanted character in polls. Is he still the most wanted character after they've stripped basically everything Disney out? Or is he just going to be, as he looks like from the outside, so dull he makes Pyrah/Mythra look like the best new characters ever?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:17

[quote="JayMoyles"]
Buskalilly wrote:
It's probably a 12 due to characters like Bayonetta and Joker having actual guns as part of the movesets. I can't think of any other reason as it's all pretty cartoony scrapping otherwise.

Ah thanks. I wondered if there was adult humour in the cutscenes or something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:18

There are barely any cut-scenes for that to be a problem.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:24

Are there any besides the cast (Kirby aside) getting dusted by Galeem? I genuinely can't remember and I've sunk a lot of time into this game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:26

There are maybe four in the one-player. The only one of any substance is the cast getting dusted by Galeem.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:28

*reminisces wistfully about the Subspace cutscenes in Brawl*
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 15:52

Balla wrote:
Or is he just going to be, as he looks like from the outside, so dull he makes Pyrah/Mythra look like the best new characters ever?

I think that's a very harsh thing to say and I have zero attachment to him as a character.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 15:57

Heartless
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 23:18

Balla, folks who are into Kingdom Hearts are really into Kingdom Hearts, beyond the Disney stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Oct 2021 - 15:20

Case in point - Andrew Rice.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Oct 2021 - 15:37

Who may have been better at what I just put up elsewhere as I believe he's played all the games (or what is the HD remasters as some are now movies) where I've only played I, II, III (I should play the DLC), Birth by Sleep (the best one) and 0.2 -A fragmentary passage-
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Oct 2021 - 20:48

neil wrote:

Is this where Nickelodeon’s All-Star Brawl could fit in? It looks like it mirrors Smash Ultimate really closely, except without Devil Kazuya threatening to send anybody to their burial ground.

~

I can’t say I’m fussed either way about Sora, but it seems disappointing that there’s no new remixed music, and that the stage included is just one of those Battlefield-style ones that flies around a Kingdom Hearts-ish background. That those upcoming Kingdom Hearts games are Cloud Versions is baws too – sure I’ve got one of them on PS2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Oct 2021 - 20:58

What's coming to Switch is the All-in-one collection which makes more sense why all is cloud as its basically one big thing for £50.

The trailer did make it seem like it was three games/collections though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Oct 2021 - 14:07

Buskalilly wrote:
Balla, folks who are into Kingdom Hearts are really into Kingdom Hearts, beyond the Disney stuff.

Really? I thought even folks who were into Kingdom Hearts acknowledged that the extra-Disney writing had become a big mess, and that's what would bring Sora to life for me.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I can’t say I’m fussed either way about Sora, but it seems disappointing that there’s no new remixed music, and that the stage included is just one of those Battlefield-style ones that flies around a Kingdom Hearts-ish background. That those upcoming Kingdom Hearts games are Cloud Versions is baws too – sure I’ve got one of them on PS2.

Wait what, no remixes? That is baws. Squeenix has been pretty terrible with Smash all told: Cloud only having two tunes and both of them original pieces, now this. I really do think Smash as a package would have been better without any Squeenix characters being included: they're all anime swordboys and their trappings drag down the quality of the entire package.

Got to admit that I laughed when Squeenix said it was bringing these games to Switch though, albeit cloud versions. That's how it's done Atlas! I hope they come at a sharp discount given that they're effectively long-term rentals requiring stable Internet. They won't, of course.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Oct 2021 - 15:12

Sora was a highly requested character so I can understand the inclusion. I would have preferred to see a gun lad, punch man, thrower lass, nibbly wriggly; anything but an anime swords boy with a puff of magic tbh.

It is what it is though. There's something for everyone in that roster and you have to hand it to the team behind this as they really gave it their all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Oct 2021 - 18:03

Muss wrote:
nibbly wriggly

Ahh it will forever be a dream but he will dance on regardless.  Sad

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 Monster-hunter-wiggler
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 31 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next