We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 17:38

Hm. Interesting question, but I reckon the different names in Japan compared to the West will end up fudging that plan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 15:06

DEMO CONFIRMED
You better have your Japanese Switch accounts ready to roll by August 10th, lads! And this comes just days after Jas said there wouldn't be a demo Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 18:54

NICE! Also I never outright said there wouldn't be one just that it seemed a bit late in the day to release one because the game is weeks away.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 19:02

Sounds good but as I've already paid for a physical version of the game, I don't really need to play a demo unless something transfers over.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 19:21

Nah nothing will transfer over.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 21:56

masofdas wrote:
Sounds good but as I've already paid for a physical version of the game, I don't really need to play a demo unless something transfers over.

The demos for Monster Hunter games drop you into a hunt with good gear, so it's worth using it to test out each weapon and get a feel for what you want to use in the game proper. It won't be like starting the actual game and walking around the village and stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 0:30

Got my Japanese e shop account sorted & now we wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 16:45

It might worth me having a look then and using that as a weapon test to see what I should use when the game does land.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 20:32

Definitely, especially if you combine that with Gaijin Hunter's excellent tutorials.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 20:09

Which ones should I checkout?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 23:59

All of the tutorials from the most recent game.

---

On another note from a visual standpoint MH World has spoiled the look of this game for me somewhat but I'll likely forget about all that once I'm actually playing it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyFri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:02

I've had a quick watch of the MHX Weapon Tutorials and from that I like the look of:
Long Sword, I feel due to size and not being very good I'll end up hitting you guys
Bow, I do like playing Archer's occasionally in RPGs
Dual Blades, Used in previous games
Sword and Shield, Not sure I'd fully utilise oils etc
Prowler, I get to play as a Cat

I will give these ago in the demo and then after I've selected which one I'll use then I'll go back for a in depth look at the videos.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptySat 5 Aug 2017 - 9:56

Even though I'd recommend starting with guild style don't forget that said styles can also change up how you use a weapon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 14:05

Guild style is what I watched in all the videos to get a basic understanding of the weapons then I plan to use those 5 in the demo and see what clicks then go back and learn all about what else I can do with my chosen weapon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 14:00

masofdas wrote:
Long Sword, I feel due to size and not being very good I'll end up hitting you guys
That definitely happened with me and Andy a lot! That said, I'm planning to switch to hammer or horn for Double Cross, and I'm guessing Andy won't want to make all the same weapons again, so if you did want to play with us and use a long sword there'd be room for that.
Quote :
Bow, I do like playing Archer's occasionally in RPGs
I've not played as or with many ranged weapons in Monster Hunter at all, so might be funsies.
Quote :
Dual Blades, Used in previous games
Sword and Shield, Not sure I'd fully utilise oils etc
Can't say much about these, used them a little back in the day but I'm no expert. I think these faster weapons are suppsoed to be more accommodating for newcomers though.
Quote :
Prowler, I get to play as a Cat
Monster Hunter is very good, you can hunt monsters such as Rathian and Rathalos in monster hunter generation, you can also play as Cat.
Prowler is great for gathering items and stuff, I never played it as a main very much though. Worth having in your pocket.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 15:13

The bow is absolutely the better ranged weapon to start out with since you won't have to worry about buying or making ammo for it, you do have coatings but when I've used it in previous MH games I've got by having 2-3 types of coatings.

---

Oh do any of you know what time the Japanese e shop updates?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 23:32

I think I'm decided on Great Sword for XX, personally. With the language barrier, I don't want to pick something that's going to be trickier to use like the Insect Glaive or the Hunting Horn. I'll take a big 'ol sword and smack some monsters with it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 11:39

Yeah I think I'll be going back to the good old reliable Lance & just pair that with one of the new styles.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 11:43

I'm thinking hammer for XX, then great sword for World. With that in mind, I did a great sword for World's design-a-weapon competition. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 15:01

Steady on, lad - it wasn't that good a sword. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 16:39

It was okay. I doubt I'll even get a look in among the artistes of the internet, but it was a fun way to spend an hour and wouldn't it be grand to have something I designed in one of my favourite games?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 18:16

The_Jaster wrote:

Oh do any of you know what time the Japanese e shop updates?

I did the maths and I think if you checkout the store tomorrow around 5pm our time it should be up.

That's a lance, great sword and hammer, now if I were joining you 3 (do we know who is importing/downloading?) then would my weapon choice effect how we play and approach things?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 18:38

I think all four of us are planning to, Andy's just being his typical moaning self about the whole thing.

In reality, until you're doing real top-end stuff it doesn't really matter who packs what. 4 people with the same weapon could realistically do most stuff.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 19:20

I just wish I could see how I'd get on with the language barrier before buying...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 22:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
4 people with the same weapon could realistically do most stuff.

Stuff like this

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next