We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 13:02

Gwyn400 wrote:
Found this site http://mhapi.info/translate/ which seems pretty useful

Nice find!

masofdas wrote:
This is the one benefit of me being 5-14 days behind as you can all figure out what's what and where.

Tbh I think it's still going to be more of a struggle for you since you haven't previously got into the series, obviously we will help out where we can but you'll still need to do/figure out certain thing by yourself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 22:26

I'm enjoying having Monster Hunter on a big screen, but I'll admit the language barrier has been a problem for putting together an armour set and finding which food skills I need for eating before a quest. I'm not even touching the new styles either considering I'm struggling with things I had already learned about in English, let alone trying something new in Japanese!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 23:02

Yeah I spent a good half hour or so today trying to figure out what my talismans were to see if I could add an extra skill to what I have but had no luck, I'm definitely going to sticking to full armour sets but even then I just know I am not going to get the most out of them beyond upping my overall defence/gem-ing out any negative skill & that makes me sad.

As for styles, figuring out Brave style has been pretty easy as it's all visual as your focus is building up the the brave gauge so you can then unleash your new moves.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 7:41

I've not found any of that stuff majorly problematic. If anything, it actually feels like it sets me free. A lot of the time with Monster Hunter, I feel like the game resides in the menus. I'm always searching for this item or that part, working towards some weapon or armour set. By just building what I can for the most part, I can concentrate on the in the field, boots on the ground action. Combined with the nicer sound and visuals on a big TV and the feel of playing with a pro controller, the hunts have never felt better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 12:28

You're not wrong about the hunts feeling better but I've just always liked min/maxing my gear so I can get the absolute best out of it, so when a part of that is basically taken away from me it actually makes me want to experiment with new armours even less.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 13:43

I don't think it would be too much extra effort to get the most out of your gear, just find the names of the stuff you want online and then find that in game
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 16:01

Gwyn400 wrote:
I don't think it would be too much extra effort to get the most out of your gear, just find the names of the stuff you want online and then find that in game

I tried that with the talismans with a translate app & it only confused me further by saying the one of the skills was called "gunshot add" which could be a number of things tbh.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 16:30

The_Jaster wrote:
Gwyn400 wrote:

I tried that with the talismans with a translate app & it only confused me further by saying the one of the skills was called "gunshot add" which could be a number of things tbh.

I mean, can't you just find somewhere that lists all the skills in english and japanese, find what the skill you want is called in japanese and then just look for a talisman with that skill?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 19:27

Yeah maybe but's it's going to take a while to get used to that process & even then it'll still be long and annoying to do that with each new talisman.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 19:29

I take it there's not even a peep of a sniff of a hint that this is coming out in the West yet? Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 19:34

ZeroJones wrote:
I take it there's not even a peep of a sniff of a hint that this is coming out in the West yet? Aww!

Beyond the standard line of "no plans at this time" there's been nothing which is fine as they'll likely not want to ruin the momentum of MH world.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2017 - 22:01

The_Jaster wrote:
Yeah maybe but's it's going to take a while to get used to that process & even then it'll still be long and annoying to do that with each new talisman.

Fair enough, doesn't really bother me because I always forget what skills do what and have to look them up anyway so it won't be much different Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 2:20

ZeroJones wrote:

Aye, as Jas said it's unlikely Capcom will be localising it any time soon as they'll be focused on Monster Hunter World. Perhaps Nintendo will take over the localisation reins much like they did for Stories.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 10:11

The_Jaster wrote:
You're not wrong about the hunts feeling better but I've just always liked min/maxing my gear so I can get the absolute best out of it, so when a part of that is basically taken away from me it actually makes me want to experiment with new armours even less.

Well, you know I've always been more interested in fashion souls anyway! As long as it has okay defence and I look cool, I'm happy for now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 14:08

Drunkalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Well, you know I've always been more interested in fashion souls anyway! As long as it has okay defence and I look cool, I'm happy for now.

Aye I guess I can do a bit of that in fact I've already looked up what armour I'll want for high rank and it has 3 good skills built in & no slots so I don't have to worry about decorations.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 23:34

The_Jaster wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Beyond the standard line of "no plans at this time" there's been nothing which is fine as they'll likely not want to ruin the momentum of MH world.
Urgh if anything that has put me off World as I really wanted XX, fingers crossed Nintendo saves the day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 0:55

It's just very poor timing from all involved as even if Nintendo jump in they'll still likely want to give MH stories a bit of breathing space, my worst fear is a translated version of double cross will end up out at the same time as MH world & if that happens I'd be going for the latter only.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 22:44

Yep, I think a lot of people - myself included - felt a bit salty about MHW essentially barring a Western release of MHXX any time soon. To be honest, it's probably going to stop me from double dipping if there is a Western release considering I've already put 20+ hours into XX.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 9:36

There's no way I'd double dip now, I reckon, unless it came out tomorrow or something.

The best possible scenario, which I think someone mentioned earlier, is that an English version is released and the Switch recognises it as the same game so importers can just switch language.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 9:42

Mines still not here Sad

That would be great but you know it have a different name like Super Monster Hunter Generations and won't be recognised by the eShop also it's hard tell what and won't be as I think for example Nights of Azure 2 won't as it doesn't have a English option but something like One Piece will as it has English option etc.

I want to try it out but I don't want to spend 7000¥ on Nights of Azure 2 of the JPN eShop to see what happens and then re-buying a English version.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 10:18

masofdas wrote:
Mines still not here Sad

That would be great but you know it have a different name like Super Monster Hunter Generations and won't be recognised by the eShop also it's hard tell what and won't be as I think for example Nights of Azure 2 won't as it doesn't have a English option but something like One Piece will as it has English option etc.

I want to try it out but I don't want to spend 7000¥ on Nights of Azure 2 of the JPN eShop to see what happens and then re-buying a English version.

Yeah I think you're right, all of the eShop games I've bought say I've purchased them on the japanese eShop as well apart from Puyo Puyo Tetris so I imagine Monster Hunter won't either
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 11:37

I actually own Vaccine on Switch and I bought it via the JPN eShop and it has an English language option, but it doesn't show that I've purchased on the other two eShop's.

So my theory if the game has an English option or your regions language it will show as purchased, goes out the the window and I'm not sure how you can tell what will and won't show up.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 23:07

It'll be something to do with the ID code of the game file or some wankery such as that. I'd imagine if the publishers put up the same file worldwide, it'll show as purchased on all the world's eShops.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 10:58

This is why we need less borders, not more. I'm still so angry at the very notion of Brexit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 15:57

Someone likely knows what it is like you say Jay, it could be a ID code but I do know soon as One Piece hit the JPN eShop people where saying it would show as bought in other regions but I don't think that really matters as it's got English anyway that I don't know why you need to have it show elsewhere.

My copy of MonHanXX is here
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 COiSwFi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next