We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 7:26

Honestly Athers, I expected more cynicism from you.  But yup, some very good things.  I'm a bit disappointed that it's the same Xenoblade course in both games, even if the aforementioned Mechon will change things substantially (lots of great locations to use in that game), but some of the other courses look great.  That Donkey Kong one?  Genius!

I'm not looking forward to re-doing most of the same challenges again, though, I must say. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 7:46

Balladeer wrote:
I'm not looking forward to re-doing most of the same challenges again, though, I must say. Neutral

Are there no new ones? I haven't seen the Direct and was really hoping for the challenges to get a big rejig.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 8:39

I imagine there'll be some, but if we don't see "complete Classic with all characters" again I'll eat my proverbial hat.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 9:08

After watching it, I kinda can't be bothered with the 3DS version as that looked so good.

Direct:

PDP have announced some more controllers
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 Original
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 19:34

masofdas wrote:
After watching it, I kinda can't be bothered with the 3DS version as that looked so good.

Direct:

PDP have announced some more controllers
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 Original

Those newer pdp cube pads looks so cheap especially the Metroid one. Sad

Also as for the 8 player & it not being online, I'd imagine it'd be a broken mess given that it has more fighters to track etc even 4 players doesn't work perfectly & sure getting 8 folk together will be rare but surely if you planned it everyone would bring their own controller?  

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 24 Oct 2014 - 23:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 22:37

Those controllers look horrible. The board game mode looks mega boring.

Everything else looks
AWESOME

This may not be a popular opinion, but I'm really glad I haven't bought the 3DS version yet. 8 player mode looks amazing - I just hope I can get 7 other fools to play at the same time. The only other disappointment: it seems a shame that Sakurai has caved in and is adding MewTwo later on; especially as he's in a unique position to openly deride the MiiVerse "PUT THIS CHARACTER IN" commenters as "kids".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 14:48

Wait what?  Adding much desired non-ridiculous characters is a bad idea? Shocked

Monday ("Comical pictures"):

Tuesday (Trophies):

Wednesday (Unlockable character hint):

Thursday (Stage details):

Friday (Mode):

Finally, SSBWiki has got a list of all the stages on offer in the game (may show unlockable stages), and isn't that a great selection?  So much better than SSB3D's.  There's still an excessive amount of retro stages, but there's an excessive amount of normal stages too, and several of them look lurvely.  I do hope that Ness and the good Captain will get their own new stages, though.

My favourite one (maybe spoilers? Possibly?) is:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 15:41

To be completely blunt I'm not too keen on eight player smash. It just seems far too chaotic to be all that fun, or alternatively with the giant stages too slow due to how far everything is spaced. Four players hit the right balance between chaos and focus if you ask me, enough chaos to make things interesting but enough focus to keep attention from drifting.

Not to mention those big stages also encourage picking characters that have a fast running animation and decent jumping options. For especially slow characters those big stages are going to be nigh impossible to traverse properly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 15:48

Balladeer wrote:
Honestly Athers, I expected more cynicism from you.

And there we have it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 16:27

Laughing I can't help it, the alternative is letting my hype get the better of me and experience has told me my hype ruins perfectly good games.

Although while I'm on a cynical streak I'll also throw my vote in the "those controllers look cheap and ugly" category.  I'll definitely be sticking to my imported white cube controller if I pick up the peripheral to use the cube controller.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 16:29

I generally find it difficult to give too much of a damn about new controllers, unless they do something special (like the Wiimote or gamepad). I'll want seven of varying types to support any eight-player games, but now that the GC adapter has been announced, anything else is frippery, more or less.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 20:55

@ Balladeer

Your favourite stage out of the new ones looks like it might be one that scrolls. (which isn't always a bad thing)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 22:16

Someone pointed out you can use 8 different control methods but one is dubious for the 8 player.

Gamepad
Pro U
GameCube
Wiimote
Wiimote + Nunchuck
Classic
Classic Pro
3DS

Classic Pro seems a bit dubious as it's the same as the Classic really, you could say WaveBird or 3DS XL. But my 8th choice would be arcade stick.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 2:13

How about a bunch of preview videos?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 8:19

Yup, 8-player looks like absolute madness.  Nowt wrong with that, especially when you have the friends to play it with!  And that stage does look pretty swish - not scrolling, as Jas surmised, just changing every so often.

I didn't look at the events, because I reckon that's one area I can perhaps keep unspoiled before release.

Also, here's a brief look at the stage constructor. Surprisingly detailed, given Brawl's rudimentary tools.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 8:55

Balladeer wrote:
Also, here's a brief look at the stage constructor.  Surprisingly detailed, given Brawl's rudimentary tools.

Hyur hyur hyur I'm totally going to write "Poo" out of level and then you can fight on the Poo level. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 8:57

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 Poo_clay

Poo is not amused.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 9:06

On a more serious note, it's nice that they're gone out of their way to make the editor as comprehensive as possible. Also, watching that video, it's nice to hear Nate Bildhorff again - he's definitely a Ninty fan as well as an employee.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014 - 8:37

Something I've realised over the last couple of days: this is the first Smash that I'm not hyped for, since maybe the N64 one. Not at all. I haven't even pre-ordered it yet.

It's all because of the characters, I think. The new challenger announcements and seeing how old characters have been adapted are the key thing for me in Smash, and without that, I'm just looking at all the new shiny things and going, "Meh." Meh
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014 - 19:16

See, to me that's bonkers. I'm incredibly excited. But this is probably that same old debate we had with the 3DS one; when the Wii U game comes out, I'll be able to get all the lads on a sofa and properly enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014 - 23:48

I'm really excited, but I never really did the whole Brawl thing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 7:34

If I could get some lads over on a sofa to play this, I'm sure I'd be more hyped, as we've said before. But I am predominantly a single-player gamer, even when it comes to Smash.

I am determined to hold another mini-party, like I did for my birthday, to get seven other people over to play it, though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 8:06

The Smashes have worked in the way Nintendo intended (?) for me: the 3DS game has hyped me for the Wii U one. SSBFN3DS was much more fun than I expected it to be - I've been down on the series since Melee - so bring it on!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014 - 11:20

Just in case you not seen SMASH is now the 28th of November and there's some discussion about it in the release thread.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014 - 14:36

Just looking at the pictures of those themed controllers. They don't look like exactly the same model as the good old gamecube controllers. Not very convinced with them but the game looks like it is shaping up nicely! Still glad I picked up the 3DS version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next