We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Meetup Thread

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 14:35

I had a cracking time last week having Jas and Buska over in the glorious kingdom of Fife.

After picking the lads up from the perilous Cowdenbeath train station, we nipped back up to my place for some games. We got our arses handed to us by the computer on F-Zero X and had a rare treat of an in-person hunt on Monster Hunter Rise. We also had a go on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (no prizes for guessing who won there) and Buska asked for some races on MK8D to redeem his honour which ended up not going to plan for the Man out of Japan.

After that, I decided that no trip over to my neck of the woods would be incomplete without seeing the mighty Pittencrief Park or, as the locals call it, The Glen. We had a good walk around the only place in Dunfermline worth seeing, meeting the local peacocks wandering the park and taking in the crumbling ruins dotted around the park from the ancient seat of the Scottish Kingdom.

On the way back up to mine, we stopped at a chip shop for some grub where Buska decided to go all out and ordered the fabled Pizza Crunch, which is a fried and battered pizza. His review was: "they've taken a pizza and they've ruined it." We also picked up some drinks for later on from the corner shop and Buska also went all out and got himself a bottle of Buckfast. This led to the brilliant scene of him standing outside the corner shop waiting for me to finish buying my stuff, bottle of Buckfast in hand trying to open what he presumed was my car which, of course, it was not.

Later in the evening, we played some Speedrunners - great laugh, that game - and saw Jas to his train home. Buska and I recorded an episode of the Game Game Show which will be hitting your earholes soon enough too. All in all, it was great to see the lads again and it was a most enjoyable evening.

It's got me jonesing for another big forum meetup, actually. Next summer, maybe...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 14:45

I missed Buska Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 18:20

Aye that was a definitely a fun time with the only shame being that I had to head back later in the evening.

Jay wrote:
It's got me jonesing for another big forum meetup, actually. Next summer, maybe...?

Definitely up for this as well. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 18:21

JayMoyles wrote:

Absolutely (heck I'd be up for a winter one). Was hoping to tag along to the Scottish leg of Buskalilly's UK Tour 2022 but life got in the way, looks like everyone had a cracking time anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 16:38

Aw, lovely wee story there from Moyles about Buska, er, getting his arse handed to him by the Cowdenbeath peacocks. Or something along those lines.

My story's a bit simpler, because I had to hoick myself up from Darkest Kent to London the day after moving and so could only make dinner. I hear that he might have spent the day finding out exactly how little Crumpy Andy does at work, but couldn't say for sure.

We went to a Mexican place on Andy's recommendation, because embarrassingly the lad knows Soho better than muggins 'ere who's lived in London all his/my life. Fair play, it was ace. Lovely margaritas, including the mango and chilli, at which point we found out that Buska really can't take spice any more after having his taste buds acclimatised to Japanese food. (It was not very spicy.) Lovely tacos too, including the pollock ones, which Buska happily went along with until clocking that "pollock" was a fish, shortly after they arrived. Yes, the obvious pun was made.

Then we headed off to a cocktail bar, had three drinks in quick succession, and called it a night because I'm a boring old man who had to work the next day. Buska did very kindly provide me/us with three sets of sweets from his homeland: we've had a grand time with the Piplup and Pikmin gummies, only the Pocky remains. Great to see the lad (and Andy too, natch), and I'm glad he had a good rest of the trip!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 17:05

I'm going to ensure I never meet any of you in person to maintain a carefully cultivated air of mystique.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 18:58

I wonder if this is the first time in history that somebody from Nagano has gone on their holidays to Cowdenbeath.

Aye to a summer meet-up Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 19:14

It's been what, three years? Summer meet-up sounds good!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 19:30

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I wonder if this is the first time in history that somebody from Nagano has gone on their holidays to Cowdenbeath.

Aye to a summer meet-up Thumbs Up!

Not quite the same but a guy came from Japan to watch Taunton v Bath, and it wasn't even the guy from Taunton that lives in Japan now.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 10:45

JayMoyles wrote:
Buska asked for some races on MK8D to redeem his honour which ended up not going to plan for the Man out of Japan.
I blame jetlag. Also Jay must have cheated. Also my controllers were not connecting to his console right.

Balladeer wrote:
 Lovely margaritas, including the mango and chilli, at which point we found out that Buska really can't take spice any more after having his taste buds acclimatised to Japanese food.  (It was not very spicy.)
I can handle spice, I just don:t want it in my margheritas! 
Quote :
Lovely tacos too, including the pollock ones, which Buska happily went along with until clocking that "pollock" was a fish, shortly after they arrived.
This is all true and very dumb on my part. I also blame Jetlag for this.
Also, Balla's conveniently missing out the part of the story that's embarrassing for him . . .
Quote :
Then we headed off to a cocktail bar, had three drinks in quick succession
You won't believe what I paid for cocktails in that London!
Quote :
Buska did very kindly provide me/us with three sets of sweets from his homeland: we've had a grand time with the Piplup and Pikmin gummies
Glad to hear it.

Resting place of Robert the Bruce, mate, a must-see holiday destination for any history buff!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 13:13

The new street art of a massive child's face emblazoned on a wall on the high street is paying dividends.

Buskalilly wrote:

Resting place of Robert the Bruce, mate, a must-see holiday destination for any history buff!

That'll be Dunfermline - let's not make Cowdenbeath sound like a place actually worth visiting for tourists now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 9:08

I did outreach in a primary school in Cowdenbeath once and on the back of a door it had a poster that said "DON'T INJECT DRUGS. But, if you have to, don't share needles."
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 10:24

JayMoyles wrote:

The new street art of a massive child's face emblazoned on a wall on the high street is paying dividends.
You're underselling it - there were like four.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 19:44

Buskalilly wrote:
Also, Balla's conveniently missing out the part of the story that's embarrassing for him . . .

The convenience is so great that I've forgotten entirely what bit you're talking about. Laughing

Rum wrote:
I did outreach in a primary school in Cowdenbeath once and on the back of a door it had a poster that said "DON'T INJECT DRUGS. But, if you have to, don't share needles."

Wow. Laughing Go on, then: Cowdenbeath, Methil, or Cumbernauld.  Which comes out on top?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2022 - 15:33

Balladeer wrote:

Wow. Laughing Go on, then: Cowdenbeath, Methil, or Cumbernauld.  Which comes out on top?

I can tell you that every time I've been in Methil that my main prevailing thought has been "fuck me, I can't wait to get out of Methil". It is, and apologies if anyone on here lives there, a shitehole. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Oct 2022 - 10:53

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:

The convenience is so great that I've forgotten entirely what bit you're talking about. Laughing

Getting your cards declined and having to be bailed out by my yokel cash-carrying habits
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 22:54

Laughing Had indeed entirely forgotten that. Then the runaround Soho trying to find a cashpoint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Meetup Thread
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12