We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Muss
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 9:50

Not if your good Cool

Balladeer wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Why do you hate fun?

It's a mess, but it's a good mess: the kind where you wake up covered in chocolate and other people and can only vaguely remember what happened.  Ironically my issue with N64 Rainbow Road in MK8D is the opposite to my issue with it in the original: it's now a tad too short.  Also not enough happens on it, which is exactly the same as in the original.  Also: Yoshi Circuit, S-tier?  I've always thought Smurf had great taste in games: turns out it's because he channels all his bad taste into Mario Kart tracks.

I'll admit I'd like N64 Rainbow Road to be longer, like you could easily have 3 laps of that and it wouldn't feel as long as it did on the original, still great though. Yoshi Circuit is all about those racing lines, the best pure racing track on the game, the original was better though as it had an extra shortcut that was a real risk/reward to do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 16:27

Treesmurf wrote:
Not if your good  Cool

Yyeerrrraaaaahhhh bbboooiiii
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 16:53

Treesmurf wrote:
Not if your good  Cool

Balladeer wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Why do you hate fun?

It's a mess, but it's a good mess: the kind where you wake up covered in chocolate and other people and can only vaguely remember what happened.  Ironically my issue with N64 Rainbow Road in MK8D is the opposite to my issue with it in the original: it's now a tad too short.  Also not enough happens on it, which is exactly the same as in the original.  Also: Yoshi Circuit, S-tier?  I've always thought Smurf had great taste in games: turns out it's because he channels all his bad taste into Mario Kart tracks.

I'll admit I'd like N64 Rainbow Road to be longer, like you could easily have 3 laps of that and it wouldn't feel as long as it did on the original, still great though. Yoshi Circuit is all about those racing lines, the best pure racing track on the game, the original was better though as it had an extra shortcut that was a real risk/reward to do.

Yoshi's circuit is definitely good in that regard but I think some of the chicanes are too crazy. Most if not all the SNES/GBA tracks have it beat when it comes to pure racing.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 20:10

Smurf is bang on about Yoshi's Circuit. Lots of fun to drift around, difficult to master, has a balance of risk/reward, and to cap it all off you get to admire all of Yoshi's curves.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Mar 2022 - 14:46

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 6a75dw10
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 11:36

NSFW!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 20:16

Urgh, 'racing lines'. The only racing line I want to see is the line a green shell makes behind it as it ricochets off a wall and into your face.

Oh also, idea for the next tier list: Pokémon starters? (Focussing on either only the base form or the full evolutionary chain at Muss' choice.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2022 - 9:11

Pokémon Starters sounds a neat idea.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2022 - 20:56

Go on then, Pokémon starters including all their evolutions. (So not including Raichu or the -eons.) Here's the tier list.  I deleted row E to simplify slightly.

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 My-ima10

Little round bird boy is great, owl butler is sublime, owl nerd archer is also great. Cyndaquil has always been a fave, and Hisuian Typlosion kind of fixed the worst thing about his line. Blaziken is unapologetically Garudamon and I'm here for it. Empoleon is dynamite.

Non-evolving Pikachu is bobbins, every stage of Tepig's line is bobbins, Popplio goes from clown to... prom queen? Apparently? And Grookey's the only moderately decent stage in its evolutionary tree.

Chespin is shit.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 0:14

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 Pkmnti10
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 11:31

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 My-ima11

For the record, I've weighted this most heavily on the starter form, with evolutions a distant secondary consideration.

Charmander and Squirtle are the original bosses. Their evolutions are on the boxes, and they represent types that aren't super easy to find until later on. Bulbasaur is still a good lad, I really like its design, but you have an abundance of poison early in the game.

I like pretty much all of the starters until we get to D tier. Turtwig is 100% a knock off Bulbasaur, although other than that its alright so maybe I was too harsh on it. Tepig is a waste, and Torchic evolves into the shite. But it's the bottom 3 that I think are all gross. Especially Chimchar, with it's massive head and rubbish evolutions.

Also Chespin is a great little lad in a beanie, and its evolutions are fun and I respect that Chicorita looks like a little phallic fella.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 12:56

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 My-ima10
I can probably keep moving these all day, but that'll do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 15:18

By the way, I'm not even doing a bit (much).
I genuinely can't see fault in any of the little beasties.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 18:38

THE definitive list.

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 Pokemo10
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 20:51

This post is pointless because clearly Jaster has absolutely smashed it but here's mine anyway.

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 My-ima11

I've took final forms in to consideration as well here as they're all adorable little bastards in their unevolved forms that they could have all feasibly been top tier. Tepig and Chespin are the worst offenders when it comes to final forms, weird, ugly creatures that only a mother could love. Turtwig's a little cutie but again that final form drags it down and sadly Fennekin is ruined because of internet wierdos.

I'm not a huge fan of the fire/fighting types but I've nothing major against them on the whole, I'm a fan of Snivy's smugness but it gets less adorable as it grows. B tier is just a bunch of good lads, nothing offensive about them but easy to love.

Eevee nearly made the top tier but it's still kinda basic on the surface, the likes of Grookey and Litten are both cool and different in their own way, Charmander is ace but I get bored of seeing Charizard all the time and Bulbasaur is awesome but Venasaur is hard to love.

Pikachu makes top tier if only for all of the adventures with Ash, Sobble was meant to be A tier, really cool gimmick but not S Tier. I LIEK MUDKIP, one of my most used Pokémon over the years is a Swampert I've brought from Sapphire so I'll always have a personal attachment to it. Scorbunny is cool af, it's a football themed Pokémon, what more could I ask for? Rowlett is the perfect mix of cute, nerdy and cool, just like me and finally Squirtle is and will forever be the best boi, from it's starter form all the way up to Blastoise is feel it captures the essence of what a Pokémon should be, not too crazy but not too boring, if Pokémon were really I could totally picture having one of these every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 20:57

Gotta List Em All:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2022 - 11:21

I mainly focused on the starting evolution

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 Index11

Eevee is my favourite Pokémon anyway but also Eevee is the starter in XD, Conquest and eeveelutions Umbreon & Espeon starters in Colosseum that regardless of Eevee being my fav got to give that little extra rank being starter in 4ish games at least.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2022 - 13:31

This is based pretty much entirely on the starter form themselves, and nothing to do with their evolutions.

Bulbasaur and Chikorita are at the top spot mainly entirely because of nostalgia, but also because they are small and cute and I would like them in my garden. (I don't care much for Venusaur but I like Meganium a lot.)

Surprised at the general non-plussed-ness at Grookey. He is a cute little grass monkey. I would like him in my garden.

I found out about the internet's perviness over Delphox relatively late in the game, because I am delicate and innocent and never really thought about it, but Fennekin is still a nice little fire fox.

Don't really get the love for Sobble. He can't come to my garden. And neither can Chimchar. I don't know why I like him the least but he is a definite distant last place.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022 - 6:51

gjones wrote:
That's an Octonaut

Spoiler:

That's terribly accurate.

Rum wrote:
Surprised at the general non-plussed-ness at Grookey. He is a cute little grass monkey. I would like him in my garden.

If I was basing it on first stage alone it'd be top tier, loved that little guy since the first glimpse of it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022 - 14:53

Unsurprised to see that nostalgia is beating out design in a lot of cases.  

My one regret from my tier list is that I ranked Chimchar a tier too high: I liked Infernape and its Sun Wukong-ness well enough but y'all are right, Monkey Lv. 1 and Monkey Lv. 2 don't deserve above a D tier.  I'll defend Turtwig though - or rather, Torterra.  It's Great A'Tuin: The Pokémon!  That's cool!  Could have been a B-rank if its lower forms weren't a bit shrug.

I didn't include Colosseum or XD. Eevee would have been A rank with a shot at S if I had.

Responses:
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Apr 2022 - 16:27

Balladeer wrote:

Well we can't all be completely unbiased, neutral, and infallible in our choices. Razz

I was basing mine almost entirely on their original form. A tier of final evos would be an entirely different list! I cannae base this list on a list of completely different Pokemon!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Apr 2022 - 9:25

Balladeer wrote:

Ahh yes, the Balla school of design: "Mario can get out of his kart for a bit (or maybe he has to)." Laughing

Quilladin is a good lad and I genuinely don't understand what possesses some people to hate it so much. He's a good natured cheeky chappy with stubby little arms and legs and a body covered in a humorous armour.

There are very few pokemon that I strongly dislike. Blaziken, the lost Digimon, is right up there alongside the Yu-Gi-Oh Mega evolutions (which is most of the megas) as being in my toilet tier because they don't look like Pokemon to me. Torchic is fine though, so it doesn't quite into the bottom tier. The starters I did put in F are ones I really don't like at all as starters, and I don't really care for their evolutions either.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Apr 2022 - 9:54

Fixed it for you
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Apr 2022 - 21:02

Definitely harsh on... well, a bunch of them there Jim! What did Snivy do to you?

Muss wrote:
Ahh yes, the Balla school of design: "Mario can get out of his kart for a bit (or maybe he has to)." Laughing

Don't be jealous just because you didn't think of it first.

Blaziken is definitely a Digimon, but it's a well-designed Digimon (Gatomon rather than Angewomon) just like Quilladin is a poorly designed Pokémon; and Torchic is a cutie. I'm here for them, always have been. What's wrong with Oshawott? He's like Popplio but done right, and has cute samurai shenanigans going on when he evolves.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 9:45

I understand it sounds contradictory to put Pikachu top tier and not Charmander because Charizard is too popular but being Ash's starter is a real boon for me whereas as the Charmander line feels like it should be level with Bulbasaur and Squirtle and I don't feel it's justified in that sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next