We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Muss
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 9:56

Charizard was like one Ashes main Mon in the anime though as well.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 10:10

Yeah but he was an arsehole to Ash when he showed him nothing but love.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 16:19

Balladeer wrote:
Definitely harsh on... well, a bunch of them there Jim!  What did Snivy do to you?

Muss wrote:
Ahh yes, the Balla school of design: "Mario can get out of his kart for a bit (or maybe he has to)." Laughing

Don't be jealous just because you didn't think of it first.  

Blaziken is definitely a Digimon, but it's a well-designed Digimon (Gatomon rather than Angewomon) just like Quilladin is a poorly designed Pokémon; and Torchic is a cutie.  I'm here for them, always have been.  What's wrong with Oshawott?  He's like Popplio but done right, and has cute samurai shenanigans going on when he evolves.

I don't like Oshawott's colour scheme and it looks miserable in a way that's a lot less endearing than Sobble. I quite like the second stage but the final form is a stinker. Torchic is the only one where the evolutions matter all that much in my ratings. A fighting cock and a digimon/American college mascot Thumbs Down... Without that handicap I'd think it fine but nothing special.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 22:13

Muss wrote:
I don't like Oshawott's colour scheme...

(looks at forum) Shifty

I know Samurott is controversial, and I don't think they nailed it, but I also don't think it's as bad as many say. Mostly because the way it draws a samurai sword from its leg is daft and funny. Hisuian Samurott is just the same but worse, mind.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2022 - 17:43

Balladeer wrote:

(looks at forum) Shifty .

Laughing I never noticed that, but now that you mention it, burn this place to the ground!

Nah I think it's more just the massive contrast between it's face and body that I don't really like. Turn Oshawott into a forum and he'd be a top lad.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 20:36

Is it time for another tier list? Some ideas that I can't be bothered to set up myself for anyone with more enthusiasm:
- Mario Galaxy's galaxies;
- Mario platformers of all time (with the F rank appropriately scaled);
- Zelda games (ditto);
- Mario's power-ups;
etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 23:45

Balladeer wrote:

- Zelda games

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 Zelda10

A good (think 85+) Zelda game is still better than most other games, just compared to the other Zelda's they're just good. Also, this list I could have put OoT 3D etc on it, but they feel a bit remaster like (why no TPHD) where LA on Switch did seem a more like lite remake compared to the GB versions (why only one of those LA on GB as rather similar) that's why I included that one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 20:00

Got a link to the tier-maker you used Mas?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 20:06

Just googled, then found one with all the Zelda games.

it was this one
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 8:09

Aye, there it is. "Terrible".

I'm sorry to report that masofdas is at it again.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 10:35

Other than the obvious BotW trolling, I have reservations with those terms. You've got two GOATs? Classic isn't necessarily better than Excellent. Underwhelming below Average? I found Breath of the Wild underwhelming, but it's still a good game (imo).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 11:56

Just wording on the tier list I found as I want a list with all the games on but think

9.9+ WW
9.5+ TP
9+ Minish

Etc why said a good Zelda still better than most games.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 6 May 2022 - 20:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 12:44

As you can see, I am nothing if not a man of culture, having played many Zelda video games.

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 My-ima12
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 21:43

It's faintly incredible that of the two lists above, the one that puts BotW in the bottom tier is the less offensive one.  Also you know you can change the row names right?

I'm only including the ones I've played (enough of - I barely started Link's Awakening DX or Oracle of Ages, to my slight shame).  Games down to and including the C tier are still good to play now.  Games within their tiers are in my personal quality order.

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 My-ima12

S-tier are games in my top ten of all time, A-tier is top 30.  BotW is in a class all of its own; TP did OoT's thing better than OoT, only without the ingenuity (but with Midna and some superlative dungeons); OoT3D made an old game fully playable again for me.

D-tier games are games I didn't care for much.  The only reason I finished LttP is because I was a kid without much to play at the time and no qualms about using a walkthrough for an entire game: I don't think it's a fun game in this day and age.  I don't enjoy musou or whatever it was Cadence of Hyrule tried to do.

I'm still insulted by that picross game.  It was free, but it cost me in time taken off my life.  And I just don't think the original's much good any more!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 21:58

Didn't no I could change the names.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptySat 7 May 2022 - 17:45

Sometimes a list is not a list
Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 Zeldas10
Sorry about the weird image - my internet connection conked out so I had to zoom out and do a screenshot.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptySat 7 May 2022 - 19:10

Removed a load because I've either not played or got another version on there. Anyway this is pretty much correct, some may judge me putting A Link to the Past so far down but was always gonna struggle when I came to it later on than the 3D games.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptySun 8 May 2022 - 11:14

Can Tiermaker have tooltips/alt text when you hover over the image? If not, it should have. Those images aren't massive, badly cropped in most cases, or really obscure variations
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 11:42

Jimbob those game you can't work out are BS Zelda, Too Much Tingle Pack and the OG Game & Watch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 20:10

Darn it, should've made mine narrower like Jim's. 'A bit of a shame' for Skyward Sword is definitely harsh there, although I suspect that comes from Jim's vendetta against waggle. Smurf putting LttP in B is definitely not harsh, I maintain any rank above C is the nostalgia goggles talking. Spirit Tracks wasn't that bad either!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 20:55

I played a bit of LttP last year in an attempt to finally complete it, I failed because it's just too old school and I got sick of not being able to figure out where to go next, when it works and isn't incredibly confusing its as good as Zelda gets. Spirit Tracks would be great if it wasn't for the demon train but it just completely ruined the experience for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 22:04

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 Zeltie10
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 22:32

Your Zelda completion rate shames me Buska (with the notable exception of Minish - one that got away?). I guess the hot take there is probably the original over the likes of everything below the original Ocarina and ALBW and especially LttP, which is to a large extent the original +. Is that just an appreciation of its simplicity?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 22:44

Looking at your post Buska, does make me want to check out AoC as I really liked HW but with Three Hopes just a month away maybe that he too many Warriors in a small amount of time.

Also what I liked about HW, is characters from all over the Zelda Universe where AoC seems to be heavy on BotW a game I don't care for, that I don't know if I'd like it more or not then AoC like you Buska. Guess be like playing Three Hopes, if not keen on Three Houses.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 10 May 2022 - 11:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2022 - 2:48

Balladeer wrote:
Your Zelda completion rate shames me Buska (with the notable exception of Minish - one that got away?).  
I actually meant to include Minish, that's just an error. Thinking about it though, I don't remember it well and I'm not sure where I'd put it.
Quote :
LttP, which is to a large extent the original +.  Is that just an appreciation of its simplicity?
Nope. LTTP is not TLOZ+. They are very different games with very different sensibilities. Progression through LttP is far more linear, talky and scripted. What I loved about the original was the absolute trust and freedom it gave the player to genuinely explore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own   Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andyman's tiertastic tier list thread that he definitely made up on his own
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next