We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:08

I will be getting my splatoon on this weekend for the splatfest. I'm tempted to pick up Fast Racing Neo, but I've bought too many games recently.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:32

I should go back to FAST which is a good game especially if your a fan of Wipeout & F-Zero.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:39

I'm a huge f-zero GX fan, and I've challenged Drunka to beat its story mode so he has my copy for now. He is going through it when he has time, but that's made me want to get back into it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:41

That's sadistic of you Muss. Pale
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:43

I would say FAST is more Wipeout then F-Zero but as it's on a Nintendo console, it gets compared more to F-Zero.

GX is a great game from SEGA
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 22:20

Balladeer wrote:

Hey, he used to "git gd" me about dark souls constantly until I beat it, now it's his turn! Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 22:23

Balladeer wrote:

I used to lord it over him that I'd beaten Dark Souls, but he went and beat it, didn't he? Git.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 22:29

...fair enough, carry on! Falcon Punch Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 23:55

Xenoblade Chronicles, no X. I have come to the conclusion that I will never leave Colony 9 - there's just so much to do. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 1:30

ZeroJones wrote:
Xenoblade Chronicles, no X. I have come to the conclusion that I will never leave Colony 9 - there's just so much to do. Shocked

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
TOP LAD
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 6:55

Honestly Xenoblade's side content is super naff, there's a ton to do but almost all of it is just boring barebones typical wrpg stuff.  Once the main storyline gets going in a big way I never gave it another look in, easily the weakest part of the game.

Funnily the two Xenoblade's basically suffer polar opposite problems.  Xenoblade's side content was ridiculously medicore once the "so much to do" factor wore off but had a amazing main storyline, X had a super barebones storyline (besides the main antagonist/villain who was easily one of the best in the genre) but in return all the proper side quests, of which there are too many to count, were proper stories (and good ones at that).  

Anyhow, playing Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, and Fire Emblem at the mo.  I've actually found myself using Mewtwo a lot recently and having an absolute blast playing someone besides a sword user, I just wish he wasn't so light and his grab had a tad more range.  He'd be so much better with both of those, and perhaps making his down throw a combo throw as well.  

As for Fire Emblem, enjoyable and the map variety utterly blows Awakening out of the water even in the training stages, having said that I'm getting a little tired of the game basically giving me the Fire Emblem equivalent of "How To Catch a Pokemon".  Just let me do what I want already, I'm tired of being forced to make mediocre moves solely because the game wants to show off how a series spanning mechanic works.

Like Pokemon with its overbearing tutorials the game desperately needs an opt in/out for such things, so those who aren't complete newbies can skip the redundant stuff and get straight to the meat.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 13:49

I bought Zelda: Skyward Sword preowned a while ago but my MotionPlus was at my parent's house until I went back a week or so ago. Now I'm getting into it and have just found the Kikwis and pinged Beedle's airship down for the first time. So quite a lot still to go...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 19:11

ZeroJones wrote:

Echoing what Drunka has said. You're playing all my favourite games at the moment, Zero!

I'm an utter XCX addict. Done basically nothing else today. Whaddagame. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 21:51

Athrun888 wrote:
Funnily the two Xenoblade's basically suffer polar opposite problems.  Xenoblade's side content was ridiculously medicore once the "so much to do" factor wore off but had a amazing main storyline, X had a super barebones storyline (besides the main antagonist/villain who was easily one of the best in the genre) but in return all the proper side quests, of which there are too many to count, were proper stories (and good ones at that).  

I'm nowhere near as far into the game as you, but so far I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there. I loved XC's story, but barely did any sidequests. On XCX, I'm barely progressing the story as so many things keep distracting me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 22:45

A little bit further on in XC now - I was going to come on here and kvetch about how long it takes to get from place to place... and then I got the fast travel.

Touché, game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 23:08

I'm the opposite on this one (as per usual) I did all of the side quests in the original and found them to be a massive grind/pain in the arse in X. If you could take one more than one of the big side quests and not lock out the main quest I'd probably feel very differently.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 6:11

Well, you aren't exactly supposed to stop affinity missions once you start them. It's like stopping a movie in the middle to do something else, I think it was a wise decision to prevent the player from doing that.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 8:08

But everything is such a grind. I'd much rather it let me go off and collect whatever I need whilst doing something else. I don't like being forced to go and grind something with no way to back out of it...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 8:10

I'm torn on that one, because there are some AMs that give you tedious fetch quests (the blue crystals mechanic was terrible in XC and it's still terrible now) and it'd be nice to skip out of them, as well as at least one that drags you away to Sylvalum before you can acquire a Skell. But simultaneously, they don't usually take more than half an hour (so you can do an entire one without saving if you wish), you're warned of the dangers before jumping into one, and what Athrun said. Plus, the Internet's available.

Basically it boils down to the blue crystals being terrible.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 8:13

The internet wasn't so available when I was playing though Laughing Plus I like to avoid heavy guide usage unless doing a run of a game for trophies. My other major problem is that they were so scattered everywhere with erratic level requirements. It felt like a grind to find one to do.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 8:17

In XCX's case, I feel the player has to just suck it up and use the web.  The world's so vast that without help, you could spend hours looking for a monster or rare collectable (or how exactly to slice a Duogill - that particular mission was stupid, although I think you can use reward tickets).  Use Reddit and the Gamefaqs forum if you don't like using walkthroughs, and think of it like the Dark Souls community.

For the latter point, the vast majority appear on New LA's gamepad map.  I think that's less of a problem than you're making it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 11:01

Oh yeah, I get that it's useful to have a guide in this case, but if the guides aren't written you're screwed. At this point that at least wouldn't be an issue.

Even if it's on the map, you're still scrolling around tapping on about 7 of the pricks to find a level appropriate one. Why bother showing me a level 50+ mission when I'm level 12? Needless clutter.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 16:47

I see what Athers is getting at with the affinity missions, but that argument falls apart where you get one with a big tedious stretch of collecting or killing in the middle. It would work if they were all as good as the best ones.

I also agree with Andy that I don't like having to click through a load I can't even to do to find one I want to take on.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016 - 11:45

Anyone else have those phases in Mario Kart online where it feels like everybody is out to get you and the moment you get hit by something you proceed to get hit by fifty red shells, a bomb, several stars, and then a blue shell before falling off the track? And it happens over several races?

I'm not normally a violent person despite what you may think from my rants, but my controller has very nearly been bashed against a wall this evening, I tell you.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 21:30

I've been playing Skyward Sword, and had my buns handed to me by the boss of the Earth Temple twice today.

I noticed that both SS and Dragon Quest IX bizarrely rely on doing good deeds in order to progress - gratitude crystals and benevolessence respectively - and I just so happened to begin playing both of them at the same time. Huh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 21 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next