We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Balladeer
beemoh
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Cube
JayMoyles
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:47

I would get Alpha 2 as the Alpha series is great, if it was the Saturn version.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:58

The SNES version of Alpha 2 is one of the (many) games I like to champion: given the machine it's on, it's really good. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 21:01

But I own the best version of the game on my Saturn, that I will be championing that part from load times.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 23:52

Local multiplayer like the Pokémon VC releases would be ace for the Street Fighter SNES games... probably impossible to implement though considering Pokémon already had multiplayer from two consoles anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 12:02

2017 is a decent year for fighters with:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, re-releasing on PSN and XBL
Injustice 2, Only 19 days away
Ultra Street Fighter II, The end of May for this one
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, I don't know much about this one
Tekken 7, June for the actual King of Fighters (Based on Salezzz)
ARMS, Rather different to the rest
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, September for this more MCU focussed MvC game
Pocket Rumble, At some-point hopefully soon
SMASHED, is likely to be announced at E3 and maybe come out this year
Neo Geo games, Bound to be more of them

Those are the ones I can think off and Switch looks good with maybe 4 games and their all rather different, yet no 3D fighter.

Know one seemed to be getting Injustice 2 in the May games thread, now I liked Injustice 1 and the two MK reboots that I will likely get the game, enjoy the story mode and that be it.

USFII is just to expensive for game that's £10 on other systems.

Tekken 7, looks good but I've not gelled with the games since T3 but this one has a story mode and history of the series but I feel it could be like I2 that I do the stiry and that's it.

ARMS, will be day one as it's a Nintendo game

MVC: Infinite, Info only just coming out for this one that I want to know more like is their a single player mode.

Pocket Rumble, I will get as I love the NGPC and won't be expensive.

Is anyone picking any of these up? as SFV was fun online and would like to do that again with a game with more content.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 13:06

Injustice 2 I enjoyed the first Injustice. The fighting was pretty simple but the over the top superhero action was fun and it was a good model for a fighting game story mode, I felt. I can't see myself getting super into it, but I'd like to pick it up for a blast through and some multiplayer larks.
Ultra Street Fighter II Way too pricey for a glorified VC game.
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 I love the sprite graphics, but I'll never be able to achieve the mastery required for a Guilty Gear.
Tekken 7 Used to love playing Tekken with my dad. Might be tempted if I see this at a reasonable price.
ARMS Always up for something different. I liked it when we all thought it was just Wii Sports Boxing Deluxe, so if there's a fun and deep fighter in there I'll be keen.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Hopefully this will have a similar appeal to Injustice.
Pocket Rumble Dead keen for this, hopefully a few of us can get proper into it.
Can't see them missing the opportunity to sell us Smash Bros. 4 Perfect or something. I'd be up for it, though I always enjoy Smash most in local multiplayer and I don't see myself getting the chances I used to. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 15:18

Like The Drunka, I enjoyed the original Injustice and would be happy to play its sequel sometime. USFII is rapidly slipping down my Wanted list but I'm still not sold on Pocket Rumble, so it's all about ARMS. The super bright colours and different spin on the genre have put me firmly in Camp Intrigued - I even bought this month's EDGE to read the feature on it (will report soon). Always have to look closely at a new Nintendo franchise. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 18:42

Rumble's a game I'd be interested in if I didn't think I'd be so hopeless at it, so pass for now... but I'm getting more into ARMS the more I see of it. Smile As long as it's got 12+ characters and a campaign mode, I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 18:54

Balladeer wrote:
Rumble's a game I'd be interested in if I didn't think I'd be so hopeless at it, so pass for now... but I'm getting more into ARMS the more I see of it. Smile As long as it's got 12+ characters and a campaign mode, I'm sold.

Both seem to be going for the same approach of easy to pick up & play but still have that depth of mastery to them, what makes you think you'd be bad at Pocket Rumble?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 19:11

Drunkalilly wrote:
Injustice 2 I enjoyed the first Injustice. The fighting was pretty simple but the over the top superhero action was fun and it was a good model for a fighting game story mode, I felt. I can't see myself getting super into it, but I'd like to pick it up for a blast through and some multiplayer larks.
Tekken 7 Used to love playing Tekken with my dad. Might be tempted if I see this at a reasonable price.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Hopefully this will have a similar appeal to Injustice.

Shame you're on a different system to most of us and none of these coming to Switch for the online #bantz either

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 19:21

The_Jaster wrote:
Both seem to be going for the same approach of easy to pick up & play but still have that depth of mastery to them, what makes you think you'd be bad at Pocket Rumble?

Probably my inherent biases to be honest. In three dimensions there are more places to dodge, so you become not quite so dependant on reactions; and ARMS looks less likely to be combo-based. Never liked the sound of dem combos.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 21:28

masofdas wrote:

Shame you're on a different system to most of us and none of these coming to Switch for the online #bantz either

Oh don't I? Tell me more about how I have an XBox and that's bad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 21:33

It isn't at all, just the main thing that actually made something like SFV even at launch okay was the online multiplayer and as were on different consoles, just won't be a thing for us Drunka.

Why I brought up the Switch as if Injustice 2 was on that, I'd likely buy on that as even more of us could play together.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 21:41

I'm only playing mate, you do like to rub it in more than anyone else though Laughing

I'm glad I bought an XBox because I really enjoyed Halo and Gears, but now that I've played everything I'm bothered about I'd rather just have what you've all got.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 21:45

Wasn't meaning to and like I said be great if we were all playing together.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 22:17

I'm interested in Tekken 7 but the 2D fighters, less so. I think if I were to see any of them in the PS Store for £10, I'd consider a Guilty Gear or Marvel vs. Capcom, but they still feel like something from a bygone era - the Dreamcast era to be precise. I loved the likes of Capcom vs. SNK and Guilty Gear X but as somebody that mostly plays solo, these titles tend to lack in that department. If Tekken has a substantial story mode and brings a Soul Calibur-like campaign with unlockables, I'm there. In fact, may even invest in a fight stick as I have a copy of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round that I've barely touched.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 22:22

I'm hoping the new MVC has a story mode like Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 as I have always like the MVC games and the charcters but I need more then what Capcom gave us with SFV but they say they have learned from that game though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 0:07

I could never get into the MvC games. It's really reliant on massive combos and once you get good enough at it you can literally win a game off one opening and a massive 200 hit combo. Not my cup of tea.

I've also never really been into Mortal Kombat and by extension that included Injustice. By contrast to MvC, it feels a bit simplistic. It's got a cracking story mode going for it, at least.

I'm thinking Pocket Rumble might be my fighter of choice this year, which sounds mental considering I just lambasted Injustice for feeling a bit simple. A good crowd of GNamer folks to play online with will seal the deal, I reckon.

I'd have gone for USFII, but they've buggered the price point in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 21:13

Just been playing DOA5's story mode and it made me think - has any game moved away from the cut-scene/fight/cut-scene/fight setup we've had for the past 25 years? It just feels so archaic but I guess it's because these games are Japanese and originally arcade-based.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 21:18

Injustice and MK's sort have but still at it's core it will still be cut-scene/fight.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 21:33

Yeah, I think they've tried to make their stories a bit more meaningful beyond "you are my enemy, now we must fight", but at its core it's still cutscene-fight-repeat. But then, what else could they really do in a fighting game story? Confused
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 21:48

I guess I noticed it more because there's a timeline that suggests if you lose a fight, you'd be taken down a different path (like WWF No Mercy).

Do you think with current hardware that a beat 'em up with a fighting game's depth could work? I know God Hand tried it but that would be another direction.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptySun 7 May 2017 - 0:24

It'd be tough because a lot of the combos and intricacies of fighting games would be lost in the carnage of a beat 'em up. Having said that, Tekken 3 had a cracking beat 'em up mode with the infamous "CHICKEN" call out from the announcer when you picked up food. Listening to it back, it does sound a bit like he's mocking you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 23:00

Seems Injustice 2 is the new gold standard for the genre for content and polish.

May have to get this one and find out about Gotham.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:06

I did get Injustice 2, Did you pick it up Jay?

Glad I went for that not wait for MvC:Infinite as the rumoured character line up looks weak.

Tekken 7 seems to be getting positive buzz, if you care about the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next