We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps

Go down 
+12
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Jimbob
fronkhead
MatthewNG
The_Jaster
Zaphod_B
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 11:06

I didn't hear anything after sending in my tunes. I might have to try again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 23:32

There's a bonus episode up
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 17:01

Sorry to double post but EP11 has been up since the 31st of Dec.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 17:53

Happy my game went into Space Ark, sad that I myself got put into the lava. Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 18:54

Mine didn't even get a mention and also nobody else's which I gather all went into the lava.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 18:58

Aye, same, poor Towerfall getting thrown in instead of some Bishi Bashi tosh Razz Also Rabbids was robbed! Really enjoyed the Christmas present stuff this week and the gaming books section was interesting.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:03

Finally got around to listening to the whole thing today. Brilliant, funny stuff. Especially after Jim Sterling's podcast, the main joke of which was a TMNT dick joke, this was a breath of fresh, cold, Christmassy air.

Bet Andy was chuffed that Wii Sports got in! Laughing Also, Matthew Castle: Ultimate Festive Troll.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:10

I think I was too distraught by the rabbids bashing that it completely slipped my mind. Also odd considering the fact Wii Sports Club is surely exactly the same but better, right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:18

I'd have put up both that and Resort over it, but I guess Resort's less of a party game, with the added precision of M+.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:52

I would definitely have gone for Resort because I actually like that one Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 6:56

I took against Resort when it didn't recognise my frisbee action. DAMN YOU! Also, must listen to the new TRP! It's on my laptop, for Pete's sake...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 16:33

GUYZ GUYZ THERE'S A NEW TRP OUT GUYZ

Next month's genre leaves me out in the cold. Which is better than being left out in the lava, I guess.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 16:51

I'm listening at the moment
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 21:24

Balladeer wrote:
GUYZ GUYZ THERE'S A NEW TRP OUT GUYZ

Next month's genre leaves me out in the cold.  Which is better than being left out in the lava, I guess.

Two words - Advance Wars.

Can't believe Timesplitters 2 had so much hate - got my vote.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 9:28

I'm not a fan. Tried Dual Strike briefly - didn't get on with it. Too cerebral for a hobby that's meant to be relaxation.

I got two of the three Nintendo-format a cappella tunes. I actually really liked answer 2's game's music, but didn't remember that particular tune - got the main character, though. Still nothing from Drunka. Aww!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 15:32

Balladeer wrote:
I'm not a fan.  Tried Dual Strike briefly - didn't get on with it.  Too cerebral for a hobby that's meant to be relaxation.

Never played any of the sequels, just the GBA one. And that was on Wii-U last year. Completely disregarded it for over ten years, but thought I'd give it a try - 40 hours on it in a couple of months. It's very addictive, but not something I've longed to return to. It's one of those games you can binge on, rather than pick up and play. I spent three hours just on one battle - 90 days or something ridiculous.

Would Worms fall in to this genre?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 16:03

The last episode was one of the best yet. I thought the group (Matthew in particular) made a lot of astute comments about particular videogames and themes, and I was nodding my head at some of the things said about how some indie games having this barrier to enjoyment to them.

I actually agreed about Matthew's judgement on Timesplitters. It's good, but having come from GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark, it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Too fast paced for some of the more fun shenanigans that you could do in those two games, and the weapons were a step back.

That being said, it did play a good shooter, just a very different one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 20:13

Finished listening today. Funniest moment of the podcast: Alan's completely bizarre introduction to the Space Ark segment. I thought that GoldenEye would have received more opposition, as I hear it's aged as well as a cheap white.

I'm sure the Worms games would count, Grant.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 20:23

Balladeer wrote:
Finished listening today.  Funniest moment of the podcast: Alan's completely bizarre introduction to the Space Ark segment.  I thought that GoldenEye would have received more opposition, as I hear it's aged as well as a cheap white.

I'm sure the Worms games would count, Grant.

No Andy says it's aged,

also Timesplitters 2 is brilliant much fun
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 1:41

I'm annoyed Nightfire was dismissed so easily Hissy fit I bet that's aged better than Goldeneye has.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 9:51

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm annoyed Nightfire was dismissed so easily Hissy fit I bet that's aged better than Goldeneye has.

i think either would of aged by the year 3000 and isn't meant to show thebest of gaming in genre and Goldeneye did more for it then Nightfire.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptySun 25 Jan 2015 - 10:26

I'm afraid I still see Goldeneye as the "Good old days". The multiplayer is obviously aged, but the freedom you get in single player mode is something that Call Of Duty can only aspire to.

Bonus Imagination: Kevin Spacey in N64 block-o-wonk-o-head-o-vision.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 22:50

Are these guys still going? Three weeks since the last episode...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 23:10

They mentioned on Twitter earlier today that they're recording imminently. I quite enjoyed the last one, despite it almost being ruined by Andyman being very wrong about Bishi Bashi Special and Wii Sports.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 9:23

Where's all the stick for gjones hey also who needs TRP when you've got the GNamer Podcast in about a weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next