We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps

Go down 
+12
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Jimbob
fronkhead
MatthewNG
The_Jaster
Zaphod_B
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptySun 7 Jun 2015 - 23:04

I do really like the look of Witcher 3 and have enjoyed hearing about it on various podcasts, but I'm probably not gonna play it any time soon. And I love the NPC #bantz.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2015 - 2:02

Every time I listen to an episode there's at least one more game they make me want to play that originally wasn't intending to, the latest is The Witcher 3 of course but I'd definitely struggle to make time for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 22:54

Treesmurf wrote:
Every time I listen to an episode there's at least one more game they make me want to play that originally wasn't intending to, the latest is The Witcher 3 of course but I'd definitely struggle to make time for that.
This. Exactly this
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 2:06

Treesmurf wrote:
I can attest to this in a way; I used observations from the podcast to convince a friend to get Shadows Of Mordor. Of course, when we played it together, I was absolutely rubbish. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015 - 22:13

Nineteen... nineteen... ner ner ner nineteen...

Gosh, I hope someone gets that.

DIGRESSION ALERT: Typed 'Goshi' there. Embarrassed

All of which gibberish is meant to introduce the fact that The Rotating Platform 19 is out! Here it be!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015 - 22:19

A reunion of Matthew, Mark, Charlotte, and Nick? I'm going to cry in a moment! So much talent, wasted. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015 - 22:30

They probably were very drunk, yes. Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 0:13

ZeroJones wrote:
Nineteen... nineteen... ner ner ner nineteen...

Don't worry, I too am incapable of encountering that number without singing the song.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 7:06

In a somewhat unusual move for me, I downloaded and listened to it straight away. It felt funnier than it has for a little while. Recommend! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 7:38

Weirdly this is the first episode that I've thought was below par. At least Matthew was right about the Sony Conference and Greener was about Trine 2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 9:50

I think Matthew was really harsh as yes as most of what Sony showed isn't coming for years but it's stuff people have wanted for years and the conference did it's job that likes of Balla want a PS4, and positive press everywhere.

I'm not saying MS didn't have a good a conference that I went out and get a ONE again as they do have a great 2015 but beyond that who knows just look at the 360 it died after Halo 4 for first party where Sony will keep bringing games to the PS4 after the PS5 has come out look at the PS3 Yakuza 5 is coming this year.

That if you buy a PS4 over a ONE the long whole will be better on PS4 also it's not utter useless to do things.

Also Matthew should check his facts as the PS4 will have more games out end of 2015 then the ONE, okay maybe less Triple-A exclusives in 2015 from Sony (Did we forget Bloodborne, maybe the best of them all) but we all forget Indies are thing don't we.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 10:07

I'm tempted to backtrack on my decision to get a PS4, just to sweep the rug out from under so many of Mas' current arguments. Razz Anyway, it's not a done deal yet.  Will depend how things stand next year.  And to support Matthew's point, it's definitely not going to happen before next year.

masofdas wrote:
...but we all forget Indies are thing don't we.

People may enjoy the beef carpaccio at the start of a seven-course meal, but it's not what will be the most memorable afterwards.  A really great indie (an amazingly cooked scallop, perhaps) will attract attention, like NMS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 10:22

And NMS is not out to next year it looks now (still planned for 2015), yeah I do agree with him on the exclusive front it's not great even though I do think the PS4 library by the end of the year would have enough to please likes of you Balla even (Not saying by one now, just that it's library will be better then the ONE's on 31st Dec 2015). Also the PS4 actaully is lovely to use not godawful like ONE, I'm pleased it was only £225 with Batman as there not worth much more then that to me.

But if you want exclusives coming this MS has the overall better line up and I agree with Matthew like I said hence why I went out and bought a ONE but to say the ONE has more games coming is ludicrous okay ONE might have Halo 5 the steak and chips but the PS4 will have lot's of amazingly cooked scallop's (I don't know if I like scallops) but I would sooner have lot's of little quality things then the one big quality things.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 10:26

I've only ever eaten and enjoyed a scallop once. It was in a really fancy restaurant in Edinburgh, and it was lovely. Tongue <- licking his lips. We'll have to see whether Sony's scallops live up to that. It's certainly easier for me to get hyped for a dover sole in butter, or still-bleeding steak, than for half-a-dozen scallops.

But then again most of the big third-party games seem to be liver and kidneys anyway - lots of people swear by them, but they make me want to boak.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 10:33

You get my point though Balla, maybe films should be a easier compassion. MS has all the big summer type blockbusters coming e.g. Halo 5 is Avengers 2 where Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for the PS4 is more of a Blue Jasmine.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 9:25

Ah, Matthew makes me cackle. I'm not a big fan of the console war, but when he makes it funny, it's difficult to remain po-faced about the whole thing.

As for me recommending Trine 2,

I actually wrote:
Trine 2. A beautiful dreamy puzzle platformer, that had you waltzing through gorgeous multicoloured worlds, doing whimsical things like growing a plant to shift a giant snail. And your three characters were a thief, a warrior, and – yes – a wizard.

Shame, then, that the gameplay had less focus than a telescope with cataracts. Create boxes with the wizard, jump up them with the thief. If foes appear, smack ’em with the warrior. Repeat ad nauseam, or until your brain burrows its way down your spinal column and stays there until the game has gone away. Also: the worst dialogue since The Only Way Is Essex.

Yeah, boot it into the lava. But, you know, with a really aesthetically pleasing kick.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 9:56

I'm not big on the console war, and I always get them all as well.

I'm like Italy I like to go between them all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 12:35

mas wrote:
I'm like Italy

Racist?

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:14

Nope they switched sides during the war. (I haven't actually changed though).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:25

Mas is behind the Sega barricades, shooting at Microsoft, forever and ever, long after the magazine has run dry. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:29

Actually MS continued on the DC legacy, really it's Nintendo that I should be shooting at.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:35

Balladeer wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the console war

You what? You're the biggest console zealot I know!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:43

I can be that without wanting to attack the other consoles! I like Nintendo; I don't particularly like slagging off MS and Sony. Unless it's funny.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 14:49

Wouldn't Zero be more of a console zealot then Balla as he's older and we know he would play games right now on either a PS4ONE like Batman AK for instance.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 15:22

My response to that is identical to Balla's. In a shocking swerve, natch. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next