We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps

Go down 
+12
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Jimbob
fronkhead
MatthewNG
The_Jaster
Zaphod_B
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptySat 18 Oct 2014 - 22:03

Burnout Paradise is the only answer. Interested what they pick in kart week I wouldn't be surprised if it's three mario kart games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 9:57

Finally got around to tackling this - it's the perfect thing to cheer me up on a rainy commute. Especially enjoyed 100% True Facts this time around.

I don't really have a favourite arcade racer, because I haven't played many. Does F-Zero GX count? If so, that.

And, er, I'm going to have to ask what the song is again. Embarrassed Any help, please?

Oh, and I did another Predict-O-Name: Whenever Defend. Sounds like a time-themed JRPG with spikey-haired boys and moe girls and stupidly large swords.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 10:36

For Balla:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 10:51

Thank you, Andy! Again.

And Mas, I reckon you might be surprised, given their self-acknowledged acknowledgement of mediocre games. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Konami Krazy Racers, DKR, and that Sonic one.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 14:53

Episode 4 was great. I put it on whilst tackling some Forza Horizon, which felt apt because it effortlessly replaced the in-game radio. Had to pause the game because of giggling.

I really enjoyed this episode, and I love how a lot of it isn't just Ninty chat as usual, with all three of the team bringing in plenty of different games and many different viewpoints. Space Ark's definitely something I look forward to every week now, mainly because of its focus on bringing attention to the more obscure best games in the genre (I was very happy to hear Greener's pitch for the fantastic Split/Second).

And the general feel of Greener, Matthew and Alan messing about and having a laugh at it too reminds me very much of the NGamer lineage of magazines, I couldn't stop laughing when Matthew was trying to convince Greener to try Siesta Fiesta:

“You’re like a little bed and you’re bouncing a sleeping guy into piñatas”
“No I don’t agree with this”

Good stuff all around, then. I also love the little stories, like Greener's foray into RC Pro Am, or Alan's with Midnight Club 3.

I'm also really happy that NGC's "Top 10 Facts" inspired the equally hilarious 100% true facts.

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 BzOaB-zCIAAYEVF
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 16:41

@Balla I'm not sure where I would put F-Zero at all unless there's a weird futuristic racer week, also Sonic Racing on U is rather decent.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 19:45

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
For the record, there are no games listed as either 'Action' or 'Adventure'. No

What do you stick Zelda under,  if you don't mind my asking? I always use adventure.

My apologies for not answering this sooner! Embarrassed Zeldas are listed as 'Action RPG'. Squirmy cop-outs a-go-go!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Nov 2014 - 9:21

Ep5 is up, I'm currently listening to now.

I'm taking HOTD2 with me as my on rails shooter.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:27

Kid Icarus Uprising would be mine. Is everyone sending in Metroidvania suggestions?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:29

Hows that a on rails shooter apart from the on rails parts as you can move around on some levels.

Yeah I've sent mine and so has Fronk & Drunka from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:31

To be fair they weren't too strict with the genre either Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:33

Only Typing which is a on rails shooter without a gun, the only other I was thinking of was sin & punishment as that kinda plays like one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:42

Even if you ignore the rest of the game KI is still my favourite On Rails Shooter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:50

If that's an option for on-rails shooter, definitely KIU. Otherwise, S&P2 or Lylat Wars, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:54

Wouldn't Lylat Wars come up in what ever genre you put things like rogue squadron, x-wing v tie fighter etc in.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:57

Naa Lylat Wars is a straight corridor where you can shoot things if you fancy, you can fly anywhere in Rogue Squadron (within limits obviously) Can't speak for the latter 2 though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:18

andyman949 wrote:
Even if you ignore the rest of the game KI is still my favourite On Rails Shooter.

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 Laughter

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:48

Just because your arthritic clumsy hands couldn't master the subtle intricacies of KIU's controls. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:09

Or your Nintendo fanboy mind doesn't let you see that they are unnecessarily awkward. Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:11

Why don't I have a problem then Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:22

Neither do I and I'm a Sony fanboy now apparently.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:32

Oh look, my holdall seems to be a bit tired. Looks like I should...

...rest my case. Cool
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:19

You're a context sensitive fanboy Mas, it's only if Microsoft have done anything remotely good. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:29

Agree I don't really care like last gen, if Microsoft had done a good job with the ONE at the moment they haven't but plenty of time to convince me it's worth getting again but I am more likely to get a half decent gaming PC over a ONE.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:37

andyman949 wrote:
Why don't I have a problem then Winky Face

because you like games others don't & hate ones others do. Nah nah!

balla wrote:
my holdall seems to be a bit tired.

I didn't know holdalls were living things. Winky Face

---

Anyhow I personally wouldn't say KIU is an on rails shooter (even though some levels are) but having not listened to this ep yet I don't know how much they may have bent the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next