We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread

Go down 
+11
gjones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Admin
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread Empty
PostSubject: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 10:42

It's hypocritical because - ow, stop throwing things - ow!

It's hypocritical because I was one of the biggest Sleep -ers when finance was mentioned in the past. But this is the new more inclusive Balladeer, who loves all sorts of game-related news! Plus, there's still the occasional good news story to do with sales that I like to see.

Like the news that 3DS indie darling Gunman Clive has done pretty well! 400k sales, with 80% of those on 3DS. Not bad, and well deserved. Thumbs Up! Hopefully the sequel can do similarly well.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 10:57

It's good to see 3DS hoovering up most of the sales. I remember reading a similar report just after release, too. 400,000 overally doesn't sound that huge in today's day and age though, especially at such a budget price.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:06

Well... you can't say it's not deserved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:50

That's not actually true if you look at individual platforms.

But does show even reviews matter for Sonic games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:52

Produce a horrible broken game, get horrible broken sales! Who'da thunk? Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:54

That doesn't explain AC:U though
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:56

I've heard that, if you got the game to work, it was meant to be quite good!

That aside, I imagine that, in time, if UbiSoft keep breaking their games then people will catch on. It's taken long enough with Sonic.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:00

But Sonic games haven't really broken up in till now just bad.

If you read IGN's sales Generations did 1.8m and is a good sonic game, SEGA needed to continue to make Sonic continuing from that or any idea they have but they don't stick to anything and outsourcing to a team to do a quick TV tie-in doesn't help matters.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:01

Unity wasn't THAT broken. Most of the bad news came from PC, a format that nobody holds overly high hopes from Ubi on. Also best AC as an AC, and it reviewed well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:07

So good that it's the lowest meta score AC core game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:11

masofdas wrote:
So good that it's the lowest meta score AC core game.

Mas, you're getting needlessly defensive. AC:Unity was seemingly okay once the problems were fixed (a 7/10 metascore is nothing to scoff at) plus the brand is still healthy - it sells. The difference between Sonic (which has a horrific metascore, if we're going by that) and Assassin's Creed is that Sonic has little to no brand worth anymore. The good games are far outweighed by the bad at this point - sure, Colours and Generations were pretty good, but the bad press has harmed the brand to the point where it won't sell solely on the Sonic name anymore.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:15

My hope was always that SEGA were making another proper Sonic game and getting someone else to fart out a Sonic game so they'd have more development time. If that's not the case, I'll eat my hat, because the game Sonic Boom has not generated good publicity. I hear good things about the cartoon, though.

DIGRESSION ALERT: The guy who voices Sonic at the moment is also the narrator of Say Yes To The Dress, TLC's reality show about women trying on wedding dresses in a New York dress shop.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:24

Well Nintendo still have one more Sonic game to come Zero, and I hope it's a least good.

@Jay I still think Sonic's name has a lot of weight take IGN they covered Sonic Runners coming to phones which will be crap mostly but they still covered it because it's Sonic.

I'm only getting defensive not about Boom but more of the comment that sonic games have been bad years and only took fans this long to figure it out. And the reason I brought but AC as that was the first game that came to mind that even with negative press which that had fans will still buy it.

I've even said the same about Halo if 5 is rubbish which might be from the BETA talk and gets a 6 from everyone, I will still buy it as it's Halo like I will still buy a bad Sonic which I've done as I'm a fan of Sonic. The reason I'm yet to but Boom as it's broken not that's bad, that's the difference I can play a bad game but a broken one that's different.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 11:01

Who wants NPD results of January

Top Ten Physical Retail Releases: January 2015 (Best to Worst in sales, also doesn't include bundles e.g. destiny ps4 bundle)

1. Dying Light (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One ,PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
4. Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
5. NBA 2K15 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
6. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS)
7. Far Cry 4 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
9. Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
10. FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS)

Nintendo

Smash U sold over 90k which brings it to 1.4m in the USA, Smash 3DS sold over 90k as well taking it's USA total to 2.1m.
The pokemon's did 150k which takes them to 2.7m life to date.

On the Hardware side Wii U sales in January were up nearly 30% compared to the equivalent numbers from 2014, while software sales beat last year's figures by nearly 45%. Unofficial estimates peg the Wii U system sales for January, in that case, at over 60,000.

3DS is unknown but source point that it wasn't many to due to the impending New 3DS.

Sony

The PS4 went back to being the Number 1 selling platform in the USA after the Xbox One's 2 month reign which coincided with a holiday price drop.

A spokesman from Sony said this "Since launch in November 2013, 18.5 million PS4 units and 81.8 million software units have been sold through to consumers worldwide,"

Microsoft

The Xbox One had record January sales and was the console to have the most games sold on also there was a up lift off 22% more members on Xbox One's Xbox Live.

Genreal

In total, the entire industry was down five per cent compared to 2014, pulling in $625.7 million overall.

Dying Light was the best selling game, achieving the highest first month sales for a new franchise in the survival horror genre.

So even though Jan was down it still looks like all three manufacturers had a good Jan, Feb's will be a interesting read with the release of the New 3DS's, Zelda, MH for Nintendo and The Order for Sony.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 12:57

masofdas wrote:
Well Nintendo still have one more Sonic game to come Zero, and I hope it's a least good.

@Jay I still think Sonic's name has a lot of weight take IGN they covered Sonic Runners coming to phones which will be crap mostly but they still covered it because it's Sonic.

I'm only getting defensive not about Boom but more of the comment that sonic games have been bad years and only took fans this long to figure it out. And the reason I brought but AC as that was the first game that came to mind that even with negative press which that had fans will still buy it.

I've even said the same about Halo if 5 is rubbish which might be from the BETA talk and gets a 6 from everyone, I will still buy it as it's Halo like I will still buy a bad Sonic which I've done as I'm a fan of Sonic. The reason I'm yet to but Boom as it's broken not that's bad, that's the difference I can play a bad game but a broken one that's different.

I have mentioned this before, but Sonic 'jumped the shark' for me with Sonic Riders back on the Gamecube. I want to love Sonic, but it appears he holds little love for me. I find that deeply disappointing. However, I agree with your sentiment about buying a game even if it is generally considered average to poor. It is like when someone says to me, The Simpsons is shit now. I reply that even an average Simpsons episode is still better than most of what gets played on television. It shouldn't matter what others think when it comes to what you enjoy. I only wish that Nintendo bought out Sega and started making Sonic. At least Nintendo would actually care about the brand, as it seems Sega doesn't.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 13:01

Been saying that for years Nintendo should just buy SEGA and go from there as we know SEGA still has some good teams like the Yazuka team, to make things.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 13:19

masofdas wrote:
Been saying that for years Nintendo should just buy SEGA and go from there as we know SEGA still has some good teams like the Yazuka team, to make things.

Whilst they are at it, buy Capcom, then Square Enix and finish with Namco Bandai and I would be a happy gamer. Wave
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 13:24

The first of those is likely though. Due to Capcom not being in great shape and are open to a buy out which has to be a Japanese company by law.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 13:26

masofdas wrote:
The first of those is likely though.  Due to Capcom not being in great shape and are open to a buy out which has to be a Japanese company by law.

I would so love to see fanboys get their testicles all twisted up because Monster Hunter and Resident Evil became Nintendo only games. So worth the price of admission.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 13:30

Monster Hunter pretty much is part from those online ones.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 10:53

The UK Chart

All-Format Top 10
1 EVOLVE
2 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D
3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
4 MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE
5 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
6 FIFA 15
7 FAR CRY 4
8 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION
9 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY
10 DESTINY

On the Individual Chart

4 of the top 10 are for PS4, 3 for ONE, 2 for 3DS and 1 for 360

The Number 1 game is THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D which of course makes it the Number 1 3DS game

Number 1 ONE game is EVOLVE also it's the Number 2 Individual game, It's highest placed exclusive is FORZA HORIZON 2 at 22 in The Top 40 and Number 8 it's own Top 20

Number 1 PS4 game is EVOLVE also it's the Number 3 Individual game, No exclusive in the Top 40, DriveClub is it's in it's own Top 20 at Number 14

Number 1 360 game is CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE also it's the Number 9 Individual game, No exclusive in the Top 40, FORZA HORIZON 2 is it's in it's own Top 20 at Number 10

Number 1 PS3 game is CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE also it's the Humber 17 Individual game, No exclusive in the Top 40, LittleBigPlanet 3 is it's in it's own Top 20 at Number 13

Number 1 PC game is FOOTBALL MANAGER 2015 also it's the Number 26 Individual game

Number 1 Wii U game is MARIO KART 8 also it's the Number 40 Individual game

Number 1 VITA game is MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION not in Top 40, it's best placed exclusive is KILLZONE: MERCENARY in at Number 3 in it's own Top 20

Number 1 PSP game is FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013 not in Top 40, It's best placed exclusive is LITTLEBIGPLANET in at Number 2 in it's own Top 20

Number 1 Wii game is JUST DANCE 2015 not in Top 40, It's best placed exclusive is WII FIT PLUS in at Number 2 in it's own Top 20

Number 1 DS game is FROZEN: OLAF'S QUEST not in Top 40
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 11:02

How can Minecraft: Xbox Edition still be selling? It's been out for about eleven years. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 11:04

That includes both ONE & 360, so would guess people picking up on ONE now. PlayStation edition also rather high like Number 12 without looking.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 14:51

I think that's pretty good going for Monster Hunter to get in at number 4.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 17:10

Stu_the_great wrote:
How can Minecraft: Xbox Edition still be selling? It's been out for about eleven years. Shocked

It's crazily popular. Like mind-bogglingly so - my brother plays it every night with about half a dozen friends.

Also, I'm assuming that PC chart only counts for physical sales?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next