We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread

Go down 
+11
gjones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Admin
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 18:05

Yeah it's all physical on all the formats.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 18:57

Yeah - figured as much. Football Manager isn't in the top sellers on Steam, although I reckon that might have something to do with the fact it's worldwide as opposed to UK only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 10:59

I wonder what a chart would be like with downloads in.

Anyway 3DS sales were up 57% and MH4U launch sales were up 95% compared to MH3U and MM3D is up on ALBW at launch.

Which like with the RE:Make HD talk, is it a good or a bad thing that remake is selling will it mean we will get my predicted Twilight Princess remake which is good as more Zelda but also bad as Grezzo or Monster Games could be doing something new instead.  

Also no one bought Ace Combat which didn't even make the Top 50 3DS games.

Also in the West combined the New 3DS family out performed the launch weekend of the Old XL which is credited for driving sales on the 3DS family around a time of struggle still.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 15:26

masofdas wrote:
I wonder what a chart would be like with downloads in.

Minecraft at 1, whatever's on sale on Steam at 2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 18:59

And the RE:Make HD in at Number 3 if you believe Capcom.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Feb 2015 - 19:17

More Numbers but guessing numbers from analysts whom predict by 2019 / when there replaced that the PS4 will have sold about 80m SKU's, Xbox One selling 57m SKU's and the Wii U about 15m SKU's.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 9:36

The PS4 has just passed 20million units sold to consumers not shipped but to actual people.

Making it the fastest selling console of all time at the moment just in front of the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 9:42

Wow, that's crazy. Yet there doesn't to have been the rabid hype everyone remembers from the Wii launch...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 9:45

I think the reason there was you couldn't them as Nintendo weren't making them quick enough and the PS4 isn't on mainstream TV being played,

I reckon if Nintendo did make more Wii's at the time it would still be Number 1 fastest selling to 20m.

Also those numbers sound like the ONE is getting it's ass handed to it well it's still the 3rd fastest selling system.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 11:16

I think that's more a testament to how far gaming has come along than to the success of the One right now. The market's so much bigger than it was at the beginning of the last generation of consoles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 11:23

You say that but most analysts think the market is smaller and if you go by there 80m PS4, 55M ONE and 15m Wii U prediction that's 150m in total that's 120m less then the previous generation combined.

There might be more core gamers now and that's help both PS4 & ONE sale but I think the lot that made the 7th gen so big the casual whom bought a Wii are now playing stuff on there tablets instead.

So gaming on numerous things and people playing games might of grown but I would say the console market has shrunk as a whole.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 11:30

Stu_the_great wrote:
Wow, that's crazy. Yet there doesn't to have been the rabid hype everyone remembers from the Wii launch...

Even crazier when it still has no real stand out/must have title & I agree with the folk who are saying it seems to be selling the most by default.

*waits for massive list from masofdas*

(I'm not saying there isn't great games there btw just nothing spectacular)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 11:35

I think Sony has to be praised for there great marketing of the PS4

Nintendo could take some lessons.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:00

The_Jaster wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

Even crazier when it still has no real stand out/must have title & I agree with the folk who are saying it seems to be selling the most by default.

I feel exactly the same way. I can't see a single game that sells the system to me. All of the best stuff I can play or have played on the PS3. I would really like to see a list of exclusive to PS4 games to show me I am wrong. I looked on Wikipedia and I am absolutely lost to see anything and I genuinely believe I am being objective here - Driveclub, Killzone and Order 1886 and then what? Don't get me wrong, I will be getting a PS4 eventually, but it will be at least 2016 before a body of games justifies it.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:05

mas wrote:
I think Sony has to be praised for there great marketing of the PS4

Nintendo could take some lessons.

The smartest thing they done there was picking up the ball after Microsoft dropped it big time with the online DRM business.

oldschool wrote:
I feel exactly the same way. I can't see a single game that sells the system to me. All of the best stuff I can play or have played on the PS3. I would really like to see a list of exclusive to PS4 games to show me I am wrong. I looked on Wikipedia and I am absolutely lost to see anything and I genuinely believe I am being objective here - Driveclub, Killzone and Order 1886 and then what? Don't get me wrong, I will be getting a PS4 eventually, but it will be at least 2016 before a body of games justifies it.

After the ones you mentioned probably Bloodborne but after that I am struggling to think of any more exclusives that truly stand out as a must play, and the lack of must play titles only makes me hate those year old remakes all the more.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:11

oldschool wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

I feel exactly the same way.  I can't see a single game that sells the system to me.  All of the best stuff I can play or have played on the PS3.  I would really like to see a list of exclusive to PS4 games to show me I am wrong.  I looked on Wikipedia and I am absolutely lost to see anything and I genuinely believe I am being objective here - Driveclub, Killzone and Order 1886 and then what?  Don't get me wrong, I will be getting a PS4 eventually, but it will be at least 2016 before a body of games justifies it.

That's why I bought a PS3 instead of going for the PS4 - there's already a huge body of games to play, and they'll be cheap to pick up. I'd rather than than splashing out £45 for a 5 hour single player experience. Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:14

Yeah, they've really ridden the wave of goodwill from being good guy Sony. I think that's why it's the number one choice for multiplatform games which, alongside hype, are carrying the console at the moment. I don't think the last gen versions of them are anywhere near good enough at this point and that more than justifies my PS4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:24

Did someone say list

PS4 exclusive's
Killzone ShadowFall
Knack
Basement Crawl
Infamous Second Son
Infamous First Light
DriveClub
The Order: 1886
Bloodborne (on here as out this month)

There is a few Sony exclusives like The Last of Us but you could play that on PS3 but some are better on PS4 like LittleBigPlanet 3 for instance.
Then there's consoles exclusives like Transistor which was one of the best games of 2014 but then you can play it on a PC.
And 8th only games like Evolve which is of course on Xbox one but your not finding on a last gen system then you've got things like Shadow of Mordor which is on last gen but is a completely different game on 8th gen due to the Nemesis System.

And here's what's coming after Bloodborne for Jas and that's just PS4 game there is things like Batman which isn't on Last Gen
Disgaea 5
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fat Princess Adventures
Ratchet & Clank
Rime
Shadow of the Beast
Tearaway Unfolded
The Tomorrow Children
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn
WiLD

And NO MAN'S SKY which is of course on PC but you wouldn't know that how it's being touted.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:43

mas wrote:
And here's what's coming after Bloodborne for Jas and that's just PS4 game there is things like Batman which isn't on Last Gen
Disgaea 5
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fat Princess Adventures
Ratchet & Clank
Rime
Shadow of the Beast
Tearaway Unfolded
The Tomorrow Children
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn
WiLD

I'm not sure I could consider any of those as "must play" also I am fairly happy with my ps4 I've just not been blown away by it yet, perhaps Bloodborne will do that & I will annoy you all to Dark souls levels about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:47

How isn't Uncharted 4 a must play it's Sony's biggest series, it's like having a Zelda or Halo come out.

But myself is hyped for No Man's Sky and on Bloodborne / Souls that's why we want you on the next podcast.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:48

Tearway is a must play if you don't own a Vita and Uncharted is definitely a must play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:49

That should be good Andy I couldn't finish mine on VITA after a update the game just wouldn't work from my save and couldn't be assed to start again knowing the PS4 version was coming.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:53

Fair enough, I'll say I'm not overly excited for any of the titles in that list so maybe those two Andy mentioned are must plays for some people but they aren't for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:55

Have you not played a Uncharted game or something Jas.

There's always Last Guardian Razz

And forgot Street Fighter V but also on PC and Dragon Quest Heroes which is on PS3 but Japan only for that version.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 13:46

I can only muster enthusiasm for Disgaea 5. Nothing, absolutely nothing else on that list interests me at all, especially Unchartered, as having the first and the Vita games and being beyond bored with them, I won't be doing them again. All personal taste of course.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next