We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:45

The Balls Man is in the same boat.

Had a big session today myelf, mostly World of Light. I'd forgotten how crap I am at Smash, especially trying to keep track of it all on a small screen. Bloody loving it though, especially as I unlock more of the characters I like. And WoL is bloody genius in places, and a great celebration of Nintendo.
Muss wrote:
GOTY

Yep, maybe . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 16:17

Drunka wrote:
And WoL is bloody genius in places, and a great celebration of Nintendo.

This is where most of my time has been spent so far, I seen someone on twitter say it's the best story/adventure mode they've seen in a fighting game and I can only agree. Your party of spirits are more important than I thought they'd be as WoL offers up all sorts of fun scenarios and it's so satisfying when a certain combo makes the difference in a fight.

Also even if you go in to a match with a weaker team you can still win which makes it a nice risk versus reward system.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:12

Rum Rapture wrote:
I can't be the only one who's hoping to get it for Christmas, right...? Very jelly of y'all.
Drunkalilly wrote:

Damn right I am. Boo Come play Guac 2 with me, Rum!

The_Jaster wrote:
We were all picking the best character, which is random.

Can I check, is there an option to restrict which characters the random character option picks? There never has been before, which I've always found rather odd given that the option exists for stages.

As for the new character, I'm not going to say anything here (I'm just going to update this post instead), other than saying that..

JayMoyles wrote:
...and could it lead to P5 on Switch...?

...I really hope this happens so that it doesn't feel quite as mismatched as it does now. We got FFVII on a Nintendo machine, right? Eventually...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:29

See you say it's mismatched and I know people will say Jack Frost is the Atlus mascot but I do think it's come down to Persona from looking is there biggest series from a commercial and critical standpoint, with Joker out of the leads having the most personality.

I know FFVII STEAM Version is coming to Switch but I do think it's similar to that, Square Enix biggest series is Final Fantasy and Cloud is the most well-known out of the leads.

We even sort of know that from Sakurai with the fan vote and how they went for the one that represented FF best. Why I very much how Reggie was talking the other four will all to be guests and I very much see the likes of Level-5, Koei Tecmo getting someone out of the four as they're like the last big Japanese companies not to get someone.

I could even see Square getting another like Sora who'd you wouldn't see coming but would be huge.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:02

I've never played Persona and don't know who this Joker fella is, but if anything that makes me keener to get the DLC pass. Mega-obscure characters aren't going to be added, so it's nice to see a new character that I've not got on my "please!" list.

I've started doing Classic mode with all the characters before I have a go at spirit mode / online with y'alls / offline with my sister who is much better at games than me. Have they nerfed Link? I have trouble getting him over small bumps. Lonk more like. But good ol' Kirbs is as Kirb-like as always. Can't wait to carry on with this!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 21:11

Jimbob wrote:
I've never played Persona and don't know who this Joker fella is, but if anything that makes me keener to get the DLC pass. Mega-obscure characters aren't going to be added, so it's nice to see a new character that I've not got on my "please!" list.

I've started doing Classic mode with all the characters before I have a go at spirit mode / online with y'alls / offline with my sister who is much better at games than me. Have they nerfed Link? I have trouble getting him over small bumps. Lonk more like. But good ol' Kirbs is as Kirb-like as always. Can't wait to carry on with this!

Link still seems alright and even though I'm not that good with him he is currently in my number 1 spot for the high score in classic mode, his remote bombs are quite fun too. From what I've heard Young Link is meant to be quite strong so he might be the go to if Link is your thing.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 22:13

I've unlocked a good chunk of the roster now. Certain stages in WoL are really clever, but there are a few that are punish you for being a brawler. I need to learn characters that aren't captain falcon or mac, I'm just a very impatient smash heavy kind of player. Looking forward to trying some of the new characters (keeping in mind all the dlc chars are new to me)
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 19:01

Baubleadeer wrote:
Rum Rapture wrote:
I can't be the only one who's hoping to get it for Christmas, right...? Very jelly of y'all.
Drunkalilly wrote:

Damn right I am. Boo Come play Guac 2 with me, Rum!

I started it today! Real gamers unite. (I should have known you'd ensure every accent in the headline too, Balla.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 19:33

Go real gamers!

(is secretly still playing Pokémon Let's Go) Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 20:50

Baubleadeer wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:
...and could it lead to P5 on Switch...?

...I really hope this happens so that it doesn't feel quite as mismatched as it does now.  We got FFVII on a Nintendo machine, right?  Eventually...

It's got a really tenuous farty link to Nintendo like Cloud popping up in Theatrhythm as Joker will be in Persona Q 2 on 3DS. So, there's that! There's been rumblings about a "Golden" version of P5 much like P4 had which could end up on Switch. It's not the most demanding of games, so it'll easily be able to make it onto that platform. The only caveat being is that Persona has been Sony exclusive outside of spin-offs...

As for SSBU, this is easily GOTY for me. I've not even unlocked the full roster yet but the way the game plays, the level of love and attention given to its presentation and WoL being absolutely cracking makes this an easy pick for GOTY for me. The only downside is that I wish you play some of the crazier modes online like Squad Strike or Smashdown, but maybe we'll get that in a title update down the line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 16:41

JayMoyles wrote:

The only caveat being is that Persona has been Sony exclusive outside of spin-offs...

And Nintendo has had SMT for some time now instead of Persona, I know you might go it's bullocks 3rd party exclusives but always thought this was sort of fair that each got the mainline games to a series.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 21:03

Reggie has been doing interviews essentially saying that anything is possible when it comes to the DLC characters. Goku and Master Chief genuinely have a shot at getting in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 21:06

(blinks in despair)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 21:10

I can't wait - I want Nintendo to go fucking mental with the DLC characters. Geno? Waluigi? Safe, boring bets. Give me mental shit like Kratos and a Ford GT from Forza Horizon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 21:23

I want these guys.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 59ec8b_5032140

---

Anyhow, can we talk about how stupid hard some of the World of light fights can be? Now these are mainly 4 star rated ones but they are beyond ridiculous to the point where I am just going to leave them unless they are needed for progress. There's a certain Earthbound one that just seems impossible with four Inkling's jumping about with a combo of blaster weapons and an explosive assist trophy going off every few seconds.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 22:46

The only one I've surrendered to so far is Ho-oh. A constantly fire-breathing curry Charizard who was doing my nut in. I'm sure its possible with the right spirits though.

JayMoyles wrote:
I can't wait - I want Nintendo to go fucking mental with the DLC characters. Geno? Waluigi? Safe, boring bets. Give me mental shit like Kratos and a Ford GT from Forza Horizon.

I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 1:27

I'm playing through WoL on Hard so I've had to resort to some cheesy tactics for beating some of the spirits. It's mostly boiled down to luring them to the edge of the stage as Bowser and nailing them with The Dropkick.

Jas: Jeff? For that one, I played as Falcon and spent the first bit of the battle dodging Jeff's rockets as best I could. Once I'd done that I ran to the edge of the stage and tried to forward smash a few of the Inklings away. It took a few tries, but I got it eventually.

Drunka: For that one, you pretty much need a Franklin Badge spirit. It reflects the fire back at Charizard and it's all about doing plenty of damage on him before Ho-Oh turns up and makes the stage fiery. At that point, you need to get onto one of two platforms and knock Charizard away. He'll still take damage from the fire plumes, so with any joy he'll get KOed by that.

There's some really funny battles in WoL too - Buzz Buzz and Shedinja come to mind - along with many creative battles. I'm really impressed by this mode.

Almost as much by how impressed I am by how good Ganondorf is in SSBU. Like, he's ridiculously strong. GOTY.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 8:52

I got lucky on the ho oh stage. Charizard found itself on the wrong side of the flames when they shot up from the floor and got pinged off stage
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 17:11

Jay wrote:
Jas: Jeff? For that one, I played as Falcon and spent the first bit of the battle dodging Jeff's rockets as best I could. Once I'd done that I ran to the edge of the stage and tried to forward smash a few of the Inklings away. It took a few tries, but I got it eventually.

Aye that's the one, it's just horrible and not fun same as all the other 4 star stages but thankfully it's not needed to continue.

Muss wrote:

I got lucky on the ho oh stage. Charizard found itself on the wrong side of the flames when they shot up from the floor and got pinged off stage

The same happened on mine as well.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 19:34

They are optional but the best spirits are behind the mad hard levels.HoOh massively helps out a lil mac masher like me recover onto stages
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 21:45

True but it's just an odd difficulty spike especially when the 3 star stages already provide a decent but fair challenge, and when it's the only real complaint I have about the game it shows how fantastic it is.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2018 - 0:51

Who's everybody's favourite new character then? I'm really digging K.Rool with Simon/Richter falling close behind. They've made the non-Echo newbies a blast to play.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2018 - 3:43

I don't actually have many noobies in WoL yet Sad
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2018 - 10:36

JayMoyles wrote:
Who's everybody's favourite new character then? I'm really digging K.Rool with Simon/Richter falling close behind. They've made the non-Echo newbies a blast to play.

I've nearly unlocked the whole roster now. I'd like to try everyone in single player or training and then make a choice. I feel like Simon and ridley are early candidates though
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2018 - 16:47

It's Ridley (Surprise surprise) for me as he has everything I like in a Smash fighter, quick but strong attacks and really good recovery though I do like Inlking and Simon as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 14 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next