We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 19:44

What about Fatal Frame V that's new,

A big part of FE:A was the marriage thing that's something common right, but like I said sue how long ago SMTxFE was shown and little part from that name people were & are going to be disappointed. I'm likely going to be disappointed when we see The Last Guardian but still likely going to be a good game which I still think is the main thing.

On Animal Crossing apparently in Japan there's some design books which are really popular that the game that's coming is almost based on that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 4:01

Balladeer wrote:
Athrun, what exactly were you expecting going into this?  I get your anger at SMTxFE, but - no new games?  Did people go into this expecting the announcement of Metroid Prime 4 Absolution three months before not-E3?  

I went in suitably open-minded, and (maybe due to the fact that I've never played a SMT game nor enjoyed a FE one) enjoyed it.  Appreciated the DLC, the amiibos, the narrowing down of some release dates, and the two downloadables that came out yesterday.  The only big problem I had was that, in the Animal Crossing nonsense and the new Pokémon Rumble, Nintendo seem to be demanding more and more cash for less and less these days.

You can't expect every new ND to change the world, and especially not one at the start of April.

If they're going to spend over 45 minutes on something then there should be something big there, they had about 20 minutes of material and spread it over twice that length. It's not just the no new games, but a culmination of everything that is my issue with it. It's length, its emphasis on nickel and diming practices, after all that it needed something. Whether that something came from a big new game, a date for a announced big game, or some sort of expansion pack. Which is I suppose what Persona x Fire Emblem Cosplay was supposed to be, the big surprise game, alas as that ended up turning in to Persona 4.5 rather than anything like what was originally proposed it made things worse rather than better.

Either way it lacked what it needed and just came off as an excessively big waste of time for what it was announcing to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 5:32

Athrun wrote:
It's length, its emphasis on nickel and diming practices, after all that it needed something. Whether that something came from a big new game, a date for a announced big game, or some sort of expansion pack.

This of course could come down to personal taste but I'd say it had that as I was really pleased with finally getting a release date for Splatoon, that fatal frame is coming to the west & that the second dlc for Mario Kart 8 was brought forward not mention the nice surprise of them adding 200cc.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 8:53

I'm with Jas on this one. It had the big expansions, it had the dates (Jas mentions Splatoon, I was thinking YWW). It didn't have a megaton, correct, but again, I'd say it's unwise to expect one in March.

It all comes down to personal taste, natch; but you seemed very condemnatory for what most seem to think was not a bad show, SMTxFE aside.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 10:02

Agree with Balla & Jas, I don't know what else they could of done in March as they showed a big game in SMTxFE which you might not like Athrun as it's not what they apparently promised from a 1 minute trailer from 2 years ago with no info but let's say they showed Metroid Prime 4that wouldn't do anything for me, dates for some games like Splatoon which could be come the Mario Kart of Shooters, Fatal Frame V coming to the West, DLC and more info on Fire Emblem if.

I don't really know what else they could do with E3 being about 70 days away.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 10:22

And another thing on SMTxFE - didn't we all think it was dead? Isn't it better that it emerged in any form, even schoolchildren RPG, than not at all?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 10:32

It's always good to have games on the Wii U be it something you like or not, and SMTxFE like you said we did think it could be dead from those rumours but nothing went up on IGN but we did have nothing on it for 2 years.

But could be worse like The Last Guardian we've not seen anything since 2009,
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 10:36

I never go into a direct expecting anything so it wasn't disappointing, just wasn't particularly special either.

As for SMTxFE I think it would've been better if they'd changed it to some new IP as opposed to releasing something odd under the guise. The name just doesn't suit the final product.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 10:44

Well SMTxFE is a working title, so can't see it having that name at all but they where just saying this is what that idea has been come,
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 11:32

andyman949 wrote:
I never go into a direct expecting anything so it wasn't disappointing, just wasn't particularly special either.

That's totally my policy, although I did harbour a vague hope of finding out what Retro Studios are doing... as has rightly been pointed out, though, that's more of an E3 thing (Donkey Kong Country: Arctic Blaze, anyone? Winky Face ). I was just happy to be able to download N64 games after it (and DS ones, with hopefully more to come). Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 12:51

Balladeer wrote:
I'm with Jas on this one.  It had the big expansions, it had the dates (Jas mentions Splatoon, I was thinking YWW).  It didn't have a megaton, correct, but again, I'd say it's unwise to expect one in March.

It all comes down to personal taste, natch; but you seemed very condemnatory for what most seem to think was not a bad show, SMTxFE aside.

To be blunt I wouldn't honestly grace the two dlc characters for smash and the couple of new courses in mario kart with the term expansion. The latter may be on the right course, but it's sorely lacking in the content department to move beyond map pack grounds.

As for my attitude, I wasn't exactly impressed with the direct before PxFEC showed up, that was just the straw that broke the camels back. I'd still likely have considered it a waste of about twenty minutes of my time that day. Of course I am still speaking as someone who has yet to be sold on the Wii U (or rather, sold on one before Xenoblade X's western release Laughing ), so there's also that element of Nintendo still failing to sell me on the system. I might have been less bothered if I had one, although I'd still be every bit as annoyed about PxFEC as I am now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 13:02

I've never seen a single ND, apart from the ones during E3 (and definitely not the ones so close to it), that go for selling the console.  They're mostly extra stuff for people who already own it, with details about already announced releases.  Again, with the exception of PxFEC, I feel you're being unreasonable in your expectations!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 14:05

Wait, it's close to e3? How time flies, it feels like only a month ago since the last one. Either way I'll just drop it now, the irony of having now spent close to thirty minutes moaning about it wasting twenty minutes isn't lost on me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 11:48

I've just finished watching the Japanese Nintendo Direct we were shown

We kicked of with Dragon Quest VIII which is a port of the PS2 game for the 3DS, looks decent enough

Super Robot Taisen BX & UX for 3DS, I'm guessing it's two games like with Pokemon etc but UX logo was shown at then of the trailer

Some weird game with giant cats, seems to be a download for 3DS, UPDATE It's called Battle Cats and is on app store now if you want to play, the 3DS version is enhanced version.

Fire Emblem if looks amazing, build a town it seems and the amiibo support will bring those charters over which I feel might make it a bit easy as I can put 4 characters in right away.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is a retail game, seems to be lot's of options for this including buying with a Limited Edition New 3DS XL console, amiibo reader for Old 3DS's etc and showed the packs of cards seems to be 3 in a pack.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, looks actually half decent also it is retail

Chibi-Robo game which is 2.5D platformer also Chibi-Robo amiibo

New Dr Mario will feature Dr Lugi a bit muh to me

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games for both 3DS & Wii U, has Rugby 7's & Golf along with Football

Yoshi's Woolly World, so cute but will already know stuff on this

Project Treasure, Looks like a 4 Player CO-OP Hack "n" Slash looks nice more info this Summer, so E3 then also this is a Free 2 Play game

Monster Hunter Airou DX from Capcom & From Software, I saw Tom Nook in the trailer also a 3DS game

Monster Hunter X, 3DS, why not a Wii U Monster Hunter

That was it but we have been saying else where not much for 3DS coming well Nintendo just showed 11 games for the 3DS (13 if count both version of Fire Emblem & Super Robot Taisen) and only 3 Wii U games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 12:47

Watching it now, and commenting as I do so! It's a good one: https://youtu.be/XUxgnYVD_-Q

DQVIII looks brilliant, although I'm not sure what Edgeworth and Dragon Ball Z's Mr. Hercule are doing in your party.

SRTBX looked great fun, until it was revealed as a TBS.  All the voice acting sounds like it's coming through a wireless, though.

I'm pretty sure the cat game will never come to the UK - what?  It already has?  Okay.

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 640?cb=20140106111813

Pale

FEif is more FE. 🤷 Is that FE-Norende I spy?
...okay, that guy turning into what I think is a Harry Potter-thestral was pretty cool.

The Animal Crossing bastardisation can sod right off.

Laughing at the Wailord.

Chibi looks gorgeous!  Bit sad that it appears to be a 2D platformer, mind.
Chibi-Moses!

More Dr. Mario.  Meh

Might be worth getting the new M&S purely for the ball games.  They look surprisingly good.

I really want Punch-Out! on the VC! Grin

MOH-MOH YOSSHI
MOH-MOH YOSSHI
BEST GAME EVER 11/10

Project Treasure is... Japanese Left 4 Dead? Surprised

What is it with this Direct and cats!?
Ride a nappy-wearing pig, because why not?
Baby MH monsters?  Adorable!

And there goes Jas!  Not my sort of game, but it does look the business.
Kissing a sheep! Love

Wow.  Absolute blinder of a Direct, so close to E3! Thumbs Up! Well worth watching.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 13:02

I don't get why your saying that about Animal Crossing Home Designer as like I've said before its a digital version of a thing already in Japan. That has been around for a long time, if we had the design books here in the west, I don't think it would be perceived as a bastardisation.

But yes excellent direct, be interesting if any of that part from the obvious ones show up at E3 which is focused more to the yanks.

Also do we need three monster hunter games, fairly close together (well in Japan). I know they all seem different but milking the name or what capcom.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 0:57

masofdas wrote:

Monster Hunter X, 3DS, why not a Wii U Monster Hunter

Because handheld Monhand does the absolute business in Japan. Nintendo could probably keep their doors open on 3DS and Monster Hunter alone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 10:24

Yeah and there all different as well but will people sick of the series with all of those game's.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 21:36

We'd have to get them all first and I doubt we will as for Japan they play the MH games quite casually compared to Europeans/Americans so maybe that's why they don't tire of it. (but more likely it's because MH is fucking quality!)

Also MHX will most likely be 2 years away for us, it looks great but no need to get excited for it just yet especially when 4U will last me until then easily.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 22:00

Just watched the American direct was okay

but more likely it's because MH is fucking quality! which might be true and X is based on the Frontier games but not sure on the weird felyne game or stories well stories does look cool.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 1:05

masofdas wrote:
Just watched the American direct was okay

but more likely it's because MH is fucking quality! which might be true and X is based on the Frontier games but not sure on the weird felyne game or stories well stories does look cool.

It's not just based on the frontier games but rather all generations of monster hunter hence the name MH cross (X) and we definitely won't get the felyne game as from soft have made one of those before which we didn't get.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 9:11

But MH is now more popular over here that Capcom might take the risk with the felyne game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 18:57

I wouldn't hold my breath but if they are trying to hook players to the main game with other spin-offs then maybe MH stories would be a better bet.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 19:39

Maybe I've not been paying attention enough in the past, but it seems like that's an awful lot of Monster Hunter spin-offs. Capcom need to be careful about overmilking their cash cow...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 20:32

ZeroJones wrote:

Maybe I've not been paying attention enough in the past, but it seems like that's an awful lot of Monster Hunter spin-offs. Capcom need to be careful about overmilking their cash cow...

Yeah they do but I wouldn't say it's a lot as MHX is the next main series game and the Felyne game and stories are the spins-offs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next